Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

Meatball: Those images are great but way too big. Friendly note: Make them smaller before any moderator comes along. <100Kb size is the rule. ;)

Meatball: Those images are great but way too big. Friendly note: Make them smaller before any moderator comes along. <100Kb size is the rule. ;)

how do I do that?

how do I do that?

Either resize it using whatever your image editing program of choice is, or host the photo via a site like imageshack.us which can auto resize the image in question.

Generally speaking the larger an image the larger it's file size. File type also has a lot to do with it.

Either resize it using whatever your image editing program of choice is, or host the photo via a site like imageshack.us which can auto resize the image in question.

Generally speaking the larger an image the larger it's file size. File type also has a lot to do with it.

tanks! I just removed them and added the links instead....

Oddly it seems the CH-46 has even more of a tendency to have "issues" landing in multiplayer. When I tested the mission offline the bird "landed" (still hovering but that's already been covered). But when I tested the same thing online, as it was coming in to land it nosedived with some sad consequences...

arma22010-02-1414-12-08-81.jpg?t=1266218769

arma22010-02-1414-12-00-56.jpg?t=1266218768

arma22010-02-1414-12-26-53.jpg?t=1266217753

:(

Oddly it seems the CH-46 has even more of a tendency to have "issues" landing in multiplayer. When I tested the mission offline the bird "landed" (still hovering but that's already been covered). But when I tested the same thing online, as it was coming in to land it nosedived with some sad consequences...

:(

looks like the "helo dunker" we would practice in to simulate helo crashes in water!

also I am aware of the command for the ramp helo animate["ramp",0];

but what would it be for the landing gears of the CH-53???

also any update about the landing situation?... it is a major problem.

Edited by Meatball0311

just doing my job and keeping this thread in everyone's thoughts....

while I am at it let me say that I am 99% sure the landing problem is due to the CH-46/CH-53's. I have tried everything including a flyInHeight 2 and the helo still hovers too high for a safe disembarkation of helo. I know that my code is correct because it will work on all other helo's except for the 46's and 53's.

@SFC ITZHAK

Any updates to a possible fix??? or are you consumed by life right now and dont have the time?? do you have a possible idea of what the problem is??? In all, this is a major problem that really makes this addon not effective to use. I know I have a choice not to use them, but I like to stay true to my corps and use Marine vehicles and units only. Other than the landing these are some really beautiful models that I am grateful to you for providing.... do you maybe have a partner that is willing to help you with de-bugging these issues? Hope all is well in your life atm and am looking forward to your response. Thank you so much for you time and effort...

also...

what would be the animate for the landing gears of the 53? They do not raise when AI is in them.

Greetings :) It's a very good addon! Those are nice birdies ... however there are some RPT entries that show some errors. I don't know if they're already known.

In Vehicle: ou_air\models\ou_ch_46e.p3d missing driver get in direction point
Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ou_ch_46e/Turrets/co_pilot/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model ou_air\models\ou_ch_46e.p3d
Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ou_ch_46e/Turrets/co_pilot/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model ou_air\models\ou_ch_46e.p3d
In Vehicle: ou_air\models\ou_ch_46e.p3d missing gunner get in direction point
In Vehicle: ou_air\models\ou_ch_53d.p3d missing driver get in direction point
In Vehicle: ou_air\models\ou_ch_53d.p3d missing driver get in direction point
Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ou_ch_53d/Turrets/co_pilot/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model ou_air\models\ou_ch_53d.p3d
Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ou_ch_53d/Turrets/co_pilot/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model ou_air\models\ou_ch_53d.p3d
In Vehicle: ou_air\models\ou_ch_53d.p3d missing gunner get in direction point

That's a problem even with BIS vehicles sadly.

Yes, but I belive this problem can be fixed, by moving animations bit more "inside" the helo, so the mens backs wont be against the interior

any word? Also I posted in DevHev the question of.. is the Operation Unknown helo's now apart of ACE?

@ SFCITZHAK

Im noticing some similarities that i had with my chinook. They all were solved by removing the roadway LOD and adding get in points.

I know this looses the coolness of being able to run up inside but it fixes the misreading altimiter bug that the roadway LOD generates. for some reason that altimiter bug drives the AI insane.

i think this is why bis had the C130 and MV-22 set up the way they do.

any word? Also I posted in DevHev the question of.. is the Operation Unknown helo's now apart of ACE?

I doubt it will be included until it says 100% and "Closed" on dev heaven ;)

I don't think i saw any posts for this but I tried to find out how many troops the 53 could carry. I created a group with about 25-30 troops and they all fit. The problem is they were sitting on each others laps. Basically when it ran out of room it started putting the rest in the same seats. so when someone turned their head another face turned the other way. Sitting through each other.

And i just tried the same thing with the 46. I had two full squads of 13. total of 26 troops. I sent a a waypoint telling them to get into the 46 and all of them went in. Then I counted them. And there were 11 on each side. Totalling 22. Where did the other 4 troops go? In this, they weren't sitting through each other.

How many troops are they really supposed to carry? It seems both carry 22. yet each squad is 13 troops. So where would the other troops go in real life?

Edited by victim913

How many troops are they really supposed to carry?
The German army's website gives a transport capacity number of 36 soldiers or 5.5tons, whichever is reached first (less in case e.g. extra fuel or equipment is loaded), not including the crew, which is 4 plus 3 gunners in the GS version. So it sounds like there are 36 seats for people in the cargo bay, and since the versions are not so different, that number may be correct for the U.S. Marines version.

I doubt it will be included until it says 100% and "Closed" on dev heaven ;)

Yup, that's exactly what that's for. You are exactly right.

In other words, instead of asking for "the word", it's right there visually for you.

That tracker is good stuff!

Yup, that's exactly what that's for. You are exactly right.

In other words, instead of asking for "the word", it's right there visually for you.

That tracker is good stuff!

First of all please don't take a snotty tone with me for asking a question, especially when there has not been any type of an update in this thread for 11 days. As far as the public knew, this was the only place that this addon was being discussed since it is not officially part of ACE yet.

And what I was referring was since there is now discussion at Dev Hev and it looks as if SFC. ITZHAK is now on the ACE team... my question was WHEN this addon is fixed will the update come through the SIX-UPDATER. You know if you dont closely watch or look to see what was updated you might not ever know that it was included in the ACE updates, especially since there has not been any type of communication from ITZHAK.

I think you are a top notch fella Manzilla, but please dont be snotty with me

The German army's website gives a transport capacity number of 36 soldiers or 5.5tons, whichever is reached first (less in case e.g. extra fuel or equipment is loaded), not including the crew, which is 4 plus 3 gunners in the GS version. So it sounds like there are 36 seats for people in the cargo bay, and since the versions are not so different, that number may be correct for the U.S. Marines version.

Yeah I can go online and see what they carry officially, but the models don't seem to have the room for that many. I see there is 11 seats on each side of both helicopters. That's 22 plus 2 door gunners (if the 46 will get them) and 2 pilots. So that brings the total for these models, 26. 10 less than yours. And when a marine squad is 13 that means squads must be broken up.

So I was curious how many were intended. Some sit kind of funny taking up more room than others, which could give more room. Maybe some could stand up.

... there has not been any type of communication from ITZHAK.
Yup, that's not helpful. I tried to contact him two weeks ago via PM because I was interested in doing a texture for the German version of the CH-53, unfortunately no answer so far. Getting a layered PSD file would have made the work easier (by switching off dirt layers etc.), neverless I started something (not done yet of course):

jhauu66n.jpg a8h7udb5.jpg

I would really like to hear from SFC.ITZHAK, first if he has something against me working on the texture, and also if it's ok, maybe he can incorporate it into his addon and create a Bundeswehr version as well (with the textures done, that shouldn't be any effort).

So SFC.ITZHAK, say something please.

Yup, that's not helpful. I tried to contact him two weeks ago via PM because I was interested in doing a texture for the German version of the CH-53, unfortunately no answer so far. Getting a layered PSD file would have made the work easier (by switching off dirt layers etc.), neverless I started something (not done yet of course):

I would really like to hear from SFC.ITZHAK, first if he has something against me working on the texture, and also if it's ok, maybe he can incorporate it into his addon and create a Bundeswehr version as well (with the textures done, that shouldn't be any effort).

So SFC.ITZHAK, say something please.

Hey thanks for recognizing the fact.. actually to all who are concerned with this addon. There is active discussion here on this topic

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9144

as it looks as this when completed will be apart of ACE. SFC.ITZHAK commented here, so check it out.

Ah yeah those are some really nice skins!!

The question is ... will there be a standalone version when it's completed? I hate ace for assimilating every good addon. I don't want to be forced to use lots of other addons I don't need.