Sign in to follow this  
sfc.itzhak

Operation unknown wip

Operation unknown wip.

USMC CH-53D SUPER STALLION AND CH-46E SEA KNIGHT.

briefing:

this mod is about the usmc operation iraqi freedom.

i will update more this week with all the detail and screens needed + the full planned addon list.

now as you see i aint a great speaker and dont like to give a long speech but i will let the screens talk.

USMC projects:

ch-53d sea stallion.

United States

A CH-53 performing a helocast insertion during training off Hawaii

The CH-53/HH-53 has much combat experience during its lengthy service, with the U.S. military during the Vietnam War and as a Special Operations helicopter, and the Israeli Air Force.

The CH-53D served alongside the CH-53A through the rest of the Vietnam War, with both types performing a final service at the end of the conflict in performing evacuations of personnel from Saigon and Phnom Penh.[1]

U.S. Air Force HH-53 Super Jollies were the primary search-and-rescue helicopter in Southeast Asia between 1967 and 1975, inserted the Operation Ivory Coast rescue team into the North Vietnamese prison camp at Son Tay in 1970, and carried the Marines who attempted to rescue the crew of the SS Mayagüez. Marine-flown Navy Sea Stallions were the rotary-wing element of Operation Eagle Claw, the attempted rescue of American hostages in Iran in 1980 that ended in disaster and embarrassment at "Desert One".

The CH-53 is operated by the United States Marine Corps and Air Force in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is also operated by the Navy in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom throughout the region, deployed out of a squadron in Bahrain.

The CH-53D is due to return to the middle east in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. It will be performing the combat roles that the V-22 Osprey is not able to conduct at this time.

source=wiki

arma22009-11-2618-22-51-65.jpg

arma22009-11-1820-53-56-57.jpg

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yq1ah9scps&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yq1ah9scps&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>s

CH-46 SEA KNIGHT.

Known colloquially as the "Phrog", and used in all Marine combat and peacetime environments since its introduction.[10] Still regularly flown by the Marine Corps, its longevity as a reliable airframe has led to such mantras as "phrogs phorever" and "never trust a helicopter under 30".[11]

CH-46E Sea Knights were used by the USMC during its 2003 invasion of Iraq. CH-46Es transported personnel, brought supplies to forward arming and refueling points (FARP), carried ammunition and various tasks. Marine CH-46Es and CH-53Es carried US Army Rangers and Special Operations troops in a mission to extract captured Army Private Jessica Lynch from an Iraqi hospital on 1 April 2003.[12]

WIKI.

arma22009-11-2618-40-30-78.jpg

arma22009-11-2618-24-21-92.jpg

arma22009-11-2618-20-32-89.jpg

FEATURES:

==============

*ALMOST ALL WORKING COCKPIT

*GEAR

*RAMP

*GUNNERS ON THE CH-53D FOR NOW.

CLASS NAMES:

==============

1. ou_ch_53d.

2.ou_ch_46e.

Addon Name: OU_AIR

Version: BETA -

By: SFC.ITZHAK

Included:

==============

OU_AIR.PBO = THE MAIN PBO

OU_AIR_CFG.PBO = CFG FILES

Required addons:

NONE

Thanks To:

==========

SNAKE MAN

3rd Marine Division

http://forum.3rdmd.net/index.php

Installation

============

Simply extract the .pbo you want into your Arma\Addons or other mod folder.

LINKS:

new version up.beta 3.

http://www.multiupload.com/U94N66MTCM

have fun

//old

WILL BE GLAD FOR MORE MIRRORS

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0o903j

thanks to armaholic.com

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9512

thanks fox

old\\

SFC.

Edited by SFC.ITZHAK

Sounds good so far, waiting for more...

i love that CH46 <3

FYI.

all model are made from scratch and so is the tex.

*jaw drops down* :eek:

How long did it take you to create those? They look very detailed and well made.

Are the cockpit gauges working/going to work?

:eek: All i've been waiting for!!! I've always been missing CH-46 in arma - all that marines ops can't be complete without it... Same with CH-53.

Please, release them at any cost ;p

eh.. theres no sea kings there, claw.

They look awesome though!

There are Sea Kings, read what he writes and take a closer look to the screens ;-)

hm.. i dont see it. Just sea knights and sea stallions. sea kings do have a similarity to sea stallions though...

or am i blind?

Hey Claw they are sea stallions the seakings have a boat shaped hull buddy and the pics dont show that.

oh yeah... when can we expect a release date?

Your not supposed to ask that. The universal answer is "When It's Done". :p

• Like 1

Wow all of this is having my devil dog bones shaking with anxiety! So is this just the start to your USMC addon making? I mean can we expect others to follow?

I've been waiting for a Sea Knight since ArmA I released! Both the models and textures look beautiful, and I'm looking forward for anything else you have in progress :D

wow dont know where to begin from..

the 2 helicopters are being worked on.

just fixing some bugs and adding some minor stuff.

saw the feedback from the posts and will try to implemnt it.

sfc.

arma22009-11-2618-08-23-49.jpg

as I have served in a Marine Infantry helicopter unit, I must say that the CH-46's you have designed look really good! I hope you stay motivated to do more addons!

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

maybe sometime we can get a real LHD that can be launched from and landed on... working elevators would be nice also ;)

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

by the way what is the troop capacity of your 46?