Just tried out your mod and am enjoying it, but I am not seeing new tracers. Does the Six addon pack 1 need to be downloaded separately now?

I would love to see some of the movement tweaks get incorporated into an ArmA2 mod.

Hey recon team, thanks for tryin out the mod, question for you, are you useing the ECS mod along with WarMod?

If you are then go into ECS addons folder and remove these 3 addons:

Remove these addons from the @ECS addons folder

ECS_Armory.pbo

ECS_Quiet.pbo

ECS_Tracers.pbo

Does the Six addon pack 1 need to be downloaded separately now?

No you dont need to download 6thSense.eu Pack1 as its already in Warmod, a common problem, and weird is the EEH or ExtendedEventhandlers are already in Warmod but dont seem to be seen by the game, so what you need to do is download EEH or Extended Eventhandlers

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2605

Once you downlaod it make a mod folder that looks like this:

@EEH, inside put the addons folder and the files, and then put the keys folder in your main arma folder.

then in your shortcut target line add: @EEH at the end of Warmod, like this:

@WarMod;@EEH

If you have ECS and GL3 then it would look like this:

-nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3;@EEH

the 6thSense.eu Pack1 requires EEH or ExtendedEventhandlers, that should solver your problem.

As for your other comment:

I would love to see some of the movement tweaks get incorporated into an ArmA2 mod.

So would I but the tweaks that those come from are from the modders of the addons below:

Proper weapon collision shape

Fixes the annoying movement where if your in between doors, u cannot turn around, or when your on a stair or jump down you cannot turn,

you are like stuck for a few secs.

PROPER Gameplay Weapon Disperion Disabled

Reduced and unified the infantry weapon dispersion for all weapons. It is now again: "where you aim, there you hit" principle. Very satisfying comparted to the high disperion in vanilla ArmA weapons.

PROPER Gameplay Weapon No Dexterity

Reduces vertical weapon sway for all infantry weapons besides launcher type weapons. Horizontal weapon sway does hardly exist (or not at all) for non launcher type weapons. So the delay is mainly / solely related to ones mouse sensitivity settings. Gives the player a lot more direct mouse control over the weapon.

In addition you are recommended to double the y axis sensitivity value

(mouseSensitivityY) based on your x axis value (mouseSensitivityX).

The values are to be found in your "YourUser.ArmAprofile" file.

The floatingZoneArea should be set to the very left (equals zero) too

floatingZoneArea=0.000000;

in order to get the best direct mouse control over the weapon.

PROPER Anims Fast Forward Transition

Sprint transitions are quite broken in ArmA. The idea is to replace sprint with run gameplay wise. This addon doubles the diagonal forward and straightforward run speed to make it equal to the sprint speed. In addition the diagonal forward and straightforward walk is accelerated by 150 percent to make it more useful.

TrueGameplay-Animation-TransitionFixs v1.0

- Fixed Run-Sprint-Run Transitions (Rifle&Pistol) (If using "FastForward" key rather then "EvasiveForward" for sprinting)

- Fixed L/R Run-Sprint Transition (Rifle)

- Fixed CrouchRun-Sprint Transition (Rifle&Pistol)

- Fixed CrouchRun-Dive Transition (Rifle)

Real Dispersion

by

NonWonderDog

Description:

This fixes something that annoyed me to no end: in the stock game, the accuracy of single shots depended on your fire mode! With this mod, that particular bit of insanity only applies to the AI, and single shots with your rifle set to automatic fire will be exactly as accurate as single shots with your rifle set to single fire. Sniper rifle dispersion is also increased to realistic values, and MP5 and handgun dispersion is reduced to realistic values. (Small arms dispersions might still be twice what they should be, but that's the way it was before. I think the value might be halved for player weapons.) Gatling cannon and machine gun dispersions are also reduced to their published values, being 1.5-3 mil for mounted machine guns and 5-8 mil for gatling cannon.

Sharper Recoil

Q11_Recoils

As many of you may have noticed BIS recoils are a bit weird. Apart from being slow (BIS recoil starts after the shot) there is also some strange movement of the gun after the recoil itself. It quickly moves down and then up again, probably trying to simulate rezeroing. What I did was 1)Start the recoil the moment the shot starts, 2)Get rid of the barrel dive (almost to zero) and 3) Make the overall recoil cycle shorter. I liked the result and decided to share the stuff with the community. I would appreciate any constructive feedback to further improve this little mod.

Q11_RealROF:

Realistic rates of fire for small arms.

From the moment the user decides to fire, it takes roughly 0,2 seconds before the triggerfinger follows the "order" to do so given by the brain. The firing-pin strikes the primer roughly 0,005 seconds after later. The propellant then ignites inside the bulletcase in roughly 0,0004 seconds, for a total of 0,2054 seconds. Because of the ignition of the primer the propellant is ignited and gas pressure begins to build. This chemical reaction continues even after the bullet has left the barrel. After about 0,004 seconds the bullet is free of the bulettcase and starts it's way through the barrel. The bullet exists the barrel at an approximate speed of 1000 meters per second (assault rifle), after it has been pushed though the barrel in about 0,0012 seconds. The total time it takes to hit a target at 100 meters from the signal the brain sends to the bullet actually hitting the target is about 0,3606 seconds. It is interesting to note that the shooter doesn't feel the recoil until roughly 0,2 seconds after the bullet has exited the barrel.

Fire while running animation

This will enable you to fire your weapon from the hip while running, whereas vanilla Arma you cannot.

Sprint and Animation fixer

- Fixes all missing transitions between standing, kneeling, sprinting, running and walking.

- Unarmed players can now sprint diagonally. <- I don't consider this a cheat as it was broken by BIS accidentally and not intentional.

- Fixes BOTH sprint modes. Double tap 'w' sprint or turbo key sprint

========================================================

All those addons and mods are in Warmod that specifically effects your movement of your soldier, and the movement of your gun as well as what they can or will do, as it was not possible in vanilla Arma.

There was 1 addon however that I did not use in Warmod as it required Ace to run it, which was reloading while moving.

I did speak with the maker of the addon and he made a version for me that did not require Ace mod, which was great, but I did not include it as I personally am to used to shooting running out of ammo, and then going to cover to reload, just a tactic.

Believe me I tested every addon and mod for 2 months before I included it into Warmod, as I was looking for things specific that would fix and alter the game play in the players's favor i seriously was sick of slow movement when you ran, crazy movement as in sway when you try to aim, then you shoot and you cant hit anything cuz the dispersion is to big, and many others.

After setting this all up and testing alot of them all together something occured to me that really no other mod has done what Warmod has accomplished, and i really dont mean to compare, its not perfect, but initially I made the mod for myself so it was the greatest thing ever that revolutionized Arma for me.

The real cool thing is Warmod works with any mod, although some mods are not effected by some features in Warmod because those mods have their own configs that do something different for whatever it is, but I find Arma more appealing then Arma 2 just because of Warmod.

I do however have a small list I am building for Arma 2 , and have created a mini warmod for whats out so far for Arma 2 but it will be time before anything big and serious is out like it is for Arma.

======================================

Hope that answers any questions you have and solves your issue, and more thoughts, or questions then dont hesitate to ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hi Gunter. Thanks for the help but I found out the problem. Turns out the copy I downloaded was incomplete and missing a bunch of files. No wonder I was having some problems. Anyway the real thing is great.

Incomplete?

Did you download the patch instead and not the full version?

Incomplete?

Did you download the patch instead and not the full version?

Nope, I believe I may have accidentally cut off the first download, giving me only 3/4 of the files or so. So perhaps I was just seeing the ECS mod when I tried playing the first time.

I re-downloaded and got the whole thing however, and now it works fine.

Sounds good, any other questions,or problems that may come up, or things you want to do with your game then let me know, i'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Hi Gunter, the mod is running fine, but there is one thing bothering me. The sound of the turret turning on the Abrams is very loud when in first person view. Is there anyway to reduce the volume of this or revert to the original BIS turret turning sound used on other vehicles?

Günter, do you know which mod is responsible for the spurting blood when a soldier is hit? I've seen it in some of my WarMod Fraps recordings. ECS? 6thSense? I isolated the 6thSense mod and added it to my Sakakah mod list and tried that but got no blood spurts.

I'm recording video of an insurgent getting hit by a sniper but I get no blood spurts...just those red blood patches on the body - which is a bit goofy when the target is hit with a .50 caliber Barrett sniper rifle.

Hey Recon

Hi Gunter, the mod is running fine, but there is one thing bothering me. The sound of the turret turning on the Abrams is very loud when in first person view. Is there anyway to reduce the volume of this or revert to the original BIS turret turning sound used on other vehicles?

To answer your question go into the Warmod addons folder and look for this addon:

PROPER Gameplay Vehicle OccludeAndObstructSounds

Improve audio-visual awareness inside vehicles significantly.

Well, did you ever felt lost in ArmA tanks - I am sure you did!

This is primarily due to the limited audio-visual awareness inside vehicles

(compared to OFP in particular).

BI tried to introduce a fancy realism effect... as a result inside vehicles

you are almost completely deaf. In other words unable to hear the surrounding

sound scenery properly, like immediate hostile fire or even direct impacts at

your vehicle.

it could be that or this one:

PROPER Gameplay Vehicle InsideSoundCoef

It reduces sound volume inside vehicles significantly.

If you dislike the fact that the (engine sound in particular) sound is way too

loud if you are inside vehicles, you will love this one.

You will be happy to go easy on with your ears again and have a good voice chat

with your buddies while being in some vehicle.

Note that the volume is still good in order to hear all the things around you.

what i suggest is just remove one and or both and see what happens, if removing either one of them makes no difference then its game related, not mod related, and theres no other addon in warmod that would change sound other then those two, of course there is the sound mod which is the

HiFi Novus Aevum / HiFi v2.0

A Realistic Sound Conversion mod

Just look for the addons that say Hi FI.

let me know what happens, but that about all I can tell you right now.

Günter, do you know which mod is responsible for the spurting blood when a soldier is hit? I've seen it in some of my WarMod Fraps recordings. ECS? 6thSense? I isolated the 6thSense mod and added it to my Sakakah mod list and tried that but got no blood spurts.

I'm recording video of an insurgent getting hit by a sniper but I get no blood spurts...just those red blood patches on the body - which is a bit goofy when the target is hit with a .50 caliber Barrett sniper rifle.

Ya thats odd cuz when shoot a guy with the 50 cal i get the spurts, but its random.

Are you running ECS with Warmod, as ECS has a blood system in it, and this mod:

6thSense.eu Pack 1 (v 0.4)

by

6thSense (sickboy)

Included *.pbo files : Needed addons :

SIX_Blood.pbo

SIX_CRDS.pbo

SIX_Editorupdate.pbo

SIX_Misc.pbo

SIX_Tracers.pbo

Description:

* 6thSense.eu Misc - Contains functions, scripts and settings used by other 6thSense.eu Addons, and More!

* 6thSense.eu Blood -

Enables Unit Dammage (Bleeding etc) and Special Blood Squirt Effects

* 6thSense.eu CRDS -

Enables Unit Dammage (Bleeding etc) and Special Player Hit FX

* 6thSense.eu EditorUpdate -

Enables otherwise hidden classes inside the editor so you can place them

* 6thSense.eu Tracers -

Enables Tracers for MG's & Vehicle Weapons

make sure you have the SIX_Blood.pbo in your Warmod addons folder to see the squirting, i believe that is the one and not ECS, I think ecs you just bleed, and have a first aid thing but the SIX_Blood.pbo does the squirting and stuff.

Personally I removed the SIX_CRDS.pbo as it has blackouts and stuff it has other features too, but when your flying around or even wounded you cant see a thing. But thats the one you want, see if your missing it, if you are then heres a link to it:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1486

UPDATE:

For all those WarMod fans, I'm currently building a 1.4 version of Warmod!:cool:

ATM im finalizing research, doing testing, and reviewing the existing materials and layout,

as well as trying to simplify some things and of course the best part of it all bug hunt.

I'm looking at either the end of June here or the 1st of July for this to be ready, maybe sooner cant say for sure.

All for now, will post an update when i have some news of where Im at.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Progress Update:

Still in the process of testing, i was actually almost done with my research then I ran into more stuff, and from there I ended up getting more things, so Im close to done with the research, and am at about 50% completed for the testing for what I have.

For the testing I test the addons and mods I find, but the real idea is to see how they work, and what they do and will they work with all the other addons and mods already in WarMod, from there do they meet the criteria i have set for Warmod.

When i do research i specifically scour every single page of armed assault info, and Armaholic for things i can put together.

what im after is addons and mods that would do the following:

*[ Fix] things in the game that have issues, that were not fixed by a BIS Official patch.

* [Feature] adds useful function, as well as upgrades, or adjusts things existing and makes them better either on a game play, realism, and or fun factor level.

* [General Players] when i research not only am I looking for things myself with the above points but things that would also agree with the general players.

Anyways thats my report for now, I should have the research done today, and the testing completed in another few days,

I will report back again when I have something to report related to any progress towards

WarMod version 1.4

Edited by Gnter Severloh

UPDATE:

Following is what has been completed:

- research

- Testing

- Bug hunt

- Patch setup and organised in folder

- new readme

- updated existing readmes for v1.3

- Fixed a bug in 1.3 so im going to reupload

- Permissions sent out via Pm on Bis forums, couple were e-mails

What has to be done yet before it can released:

- All permissions has to be accepted

(got 3 so far, and this could take a week or two)

- Features readme has to be done

- zip the new files

- Upload Full version 1.3 to host

- Upload Patch version 1.4 to host

- Record a clips for demonstration of features in new patch

(currently working on)

- Update first page of WarMod thread, and add the new links for download

- post on Armaholic (when they got their new site)

- Post on Armed Assault info

Basically it still quite a bit to do and the permissions will take their own time, and that all depends on when they get in and respond.

Will update when I have more information and or progress and things completed.

All for now.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Great effort Günter.

I'm really looking forward to this new release.

Keep up your fine work!

Thank you sir,

Im looking forward to this new update too,:rolleyes:it really adds some cool stuff.

This new release will be a patch only but a big one, I will have a new reuploaded Full version of version 1.3 only because of the bugs I fixed,

and it will be my final release for Warmod as there is really nothing more I can update Warmod with.

I literally spent a week looking at every page of addon and mods to add to the mod and there are quite a few i would like to add but they are scripts only,

then there are some that I cannot get to work after testing them.

This new update will not only fix alot of things, but add quite a few features that to tell you the truth

I dont know how I missed them before.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Awesome mod/compilation Gunter, with all these it's really like a whole different game! I love especially all the AI enhancements used together - GL3, VFAI, AI engagement range, etc. and also the Dynamic AI sounds.

But the first aid modules - I think there is now at least one too many. There's option for Use small medikit / use big medikit (ECS), and also First aid option from GL3. Too many medical abilities for a normal soldier...

Hello Osku,

Thanks for your interest in WarMod, to asnwer your question I do agree it is to many, it makes every soldier a certified medic

:D but to solve that find and remove this pbo from the Warmod addons folder

SIX_CRDS.pbo

Details of what this will remove:

CRDS; Player Dammage/BlackOut/CryOut.

Config Settings

SIX_CRDS_REFRESH -

Number (Default 30): Refresh time in seconds, how long pause between checks if

new units are on the battlefield

SIX_CRDS_AUTO -

Number (Default 1): Decides if the automatic CRDS enabling should be activated. Use 0

to disable

SIX_CRDS_MEDKMN1 -

Boolean (Default true): Decides if the Small Medkit should be available

SIX_CRDS_MEDKMN2 -

Boolean (Default true): Decides if the Big Medkit should be available

======================================================

If this is taken out then all you have is the ECS First aid that shows up when you get injured.

That should solve your problem.

I see... medikits are from the SIX addon, not ECS. I'd like to keep those two medikits and bleeding/blackouts, just get rid of the ECS First aid option. And I found it in the config. ECS_public set[7, true] - I've set that to false.

Then there is also Group link 3 First aid, but I guess that is disabled by default:

[b]Injured Effects and First Aid:[/b]
This feature gives players, which was badly wounded the chance to heal them self with a First Aid pack.

There you go, nice work!

Thats the beauty of WarMod, and Arma altogether is that its customizable and adaptable to how you want to play.

I was going to point out to you before about ECS, and GL3 but based on what you said I figured this is what you wanted,

anyways you got it figured out.

Any other questions or thoughts let me know.:)

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Yes a few times, thing is I cannot, nor do I know how to port mods over to Arma 2 plus all the addons and mods are not mine.

Some of the modders have ported over thier own mods already which is pretty cool, but then there are the few that have left Arma and even Arma 2 I think not sure.

What I have considered is reviewing all that has been done for Arma 2 and compiling something similer to what I did for Arma, in a way I already have for My own game.

It would take research and homework and figure out what I could put together, Im sure some people could say

why dont you learn how to make your own configs or learn how to mod

instead of useing other modder's stuff?

Well because I dont want to, as making my own mod wasn't the idea to begin with.

My whole idea for WarMod started when I got frustrated with my game because of the movement and the recoil, as well as many other things,

from there on I thought to myself there has to be something that fixes this stuff, and i wasn't just talking about the movement, or the effects, but the AI as well.

When I was doing the research and looking for addons and mods that could fix my game or change things how I wanted the idea came to me where I said,

now what if you took all these great mods and put them together, you'd have something amazing.

Thats when the idea of WarMod came into mind, and from there thats when i started, although it didn't go to well at first as I really had no idea how to do it or

what to do, and I ended up testing so much stuff, even after attempts and failures it turned out to be something extraordinary when I had 1.2 out as by then I had a system.

Now tbh Im actually excited to get version 1.4 out, as it really adds some great stuff to the mod which somehow I overlooked and really never considered.

Sorry about all that but WarMod was an inspiration for me even though that sounds kind of corny I guess:j:

but it is what it is a great compilation.As for Arma2 version of WarMod we will see but I have to finish this

last version before I can move on.

Thanks for asking though, you dug up some thoughts for me;)

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Maybe just complete your researches and testing on Arma1 first. There isn't much useful addons released for Arma2 yet, so it might be wise to wait for sometime. And Arrowhead is on the way, let's see does it leave any need for addons (it probably will ;)).

At this time I'm starting to like Arma1+WarMod even more than Arma2 - couldn't ever imagine that happen. The AI behaviour is just amazing. And of course there's a wide variety of released (complete) mods, campaigns and missions - lots of playable content.

Edited by Osku

UPDATE:

Let me give you guys an update on where Im at with 1.4

Following is what has been completed:

- Research

- Testing

- Bug hunt

- Patch setup and organised in folder

- new readme

- Features Readme

- updated existing readmes for v1.3

- Credits readme

- Fixed a bug in 1.3 so im going to reupload

- Permissions sent out via Pm on Bis forums, couple were e-mails

What has to be done yet before it can released:

- All permissions has to be accepted

(I have 2 permissions left Im waiting for a response then permissions are completed)

- zip the new files

- Upload Full version 1.3 to host

- Upload Patch version 1.4 to host

- Record clips for demonstration of features in new patch

(still currently working on)

- Update first page of WarMod thread, and add the new links for download

- post on Armaholic (when they got their new site)

- Im building a Official WarMod website with all information, features of the mod, download links ect., like a fan page.

(should have done it sooner)

Highlights of the new patch:

- I have figured out how to integrate ECS and GL3 into WarMod and get them to work. The ECS initialization bar shows up,

and the GL3 yellow menu show up at the start.

- Only required thing for Warmod now is Extended Event Handlers or EEH which I have included,

and have setup and installed for you,

all you have to do is add it to your shortcut target line.

===============================

All I have for now.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I think it would be better to keep GL3 in separate folder, so it's easier to enable/disable. It has a tendency to break some mission designs by either making them impossibly hard to beat or messes up triggers/waypoints. And in Arma stock campaigns you get stuck in the mission selection screen with GL3 opening in the background.

Understandable.

GL3 is not that hard to keep seperate, if you wish to do that then by all means its your game just take out GL3 components and put into a seperate folder if you wish.

Have you ever edited your own missions and played them in the editor?

I do it all the time and never have any issue with GL3, I also test ECS and GL3 as well as all of Warmod on a hosted server and everything works fine.

WarMod is customizable to how you wish to play, if you dont like a certain feature then look it up or ask me and take it out, theres alot of addons and mods that you could remove provided it dont depend on something else that wont break your game.

Whats interesting though is that ECS and GL3 are easily integrated into the mod and work with no problem when combined with other mods, what I'm still trying to understand is that My Arma server wont accept ECS and GL3 together I mean it does but it gives me errors saying something is missing even though its not, so I have to use them as seperate mods, but whatever it works.

"WarMod dont play without it" my new motto.:D

Understandable.

GL3 is not that hard to keep seperate, if you wish to do that then by all means its your game just take out GL3 components and put into a seperate folder if you wish.

I wasn't sure how you were going to integrate it, but yes, moving GL3 addons to different folder afterwards is not a problem.

One thing I was wondering, does GL3 use RUG_DSAI addons (found in warmod/addons)? There is option for DSAI in the config, but I also get the voices without even loading GL3... how do they work?

Have you ever edited your own missions and played them in the editor?

I do it all the time and never have any issue with GL3, I also test ECS and GL3 as well as all of Warmod on a hosted server and everything works fine.

I haven't done any own missions, I'm currently playing some unofficial campaigns and CWR in single player. I've had lots of problems with AI controlled vehicles getting lost, preventing objectives or extraction being done. Therefore I often end up unloading GL3. And not to mention that they also outnumber me. I'm mostly alone on the battlefields and when GL3 gives enemy ability to call in artillery, airstrikes, tanks, etc.. the hell breaks loose. ;) Plus they often exaggerate their needs (e.g. against 1 US soldier they need three T72s and SU-34). Sure that leads to interesting situations in single missions, but in a campaign you need to actually complete missions to progress forward.