it would be nice to have the better quality weapons, but then in a seperate pack.

same with units and vechicles, although maybe you can make different combinations of units for different kinds of terrain.

like a desert,urban,jungle.. pack

hey guys thanks for your replies:

would you transfer this Mod to ARMA2?

well tbh my mod is a compilation mod and contains many mods that make up the whole of what warmod is about. the thing is each mod that is in warmod would have to be ported over to arma 2 for it to even work. now obviously that would be ideal, but me im no modder, im merely a mission maker.

warmod is actually my attempt to fix, and alter the things in arma that really frustrated me to no end. As much as id want to see my mod in arma 2 i really have no idea on how or even what to do, plus all the mods in warmod are not mine to begin with, even though i have asked permission to all the great modders that have mods in warmod i would maybe again have to ask permission and then figure out maybe from kju or someone on how to port it all over to arma 2.

then again im not even sure that i could do that as again i cannot make a claim to each individual mod, so really each mod in warmod would have to be ported over by the mod makers themselves, unless i had permission to do so, and then its a 50/50 chance that it would work, as I have no idea on how to do it. lastly were talking about going from arma engine to arma 2 engine which has a different setup in terms of configs id imagine, theres no guarentee that warmod would turn out the same in arma 2 as it plays out in arma 1.

But very good questions, and really since you had asked, i am rather intrigued myself to findout what would have to be done, and if it can be done and the modders are cool with it then i will do it, so i will add that to my to do list of project to do for warmod after i complete this next update.:)

it would be nice to have the better quality weapons, but then in a seperate pack.

same with units and vechicles, although maybe you can make different combinations of units for different kinds of terrain.

like a desert,urban,jungle.. pack

yes it would, good question.

It is an idea the thing that ])rStrangelove had mentioned to me was that

"some ppl might want to use their own replacements"

what i had in mind earlier was to have replacement units, weapons and vehicles that are high quality versions, versus Arma's version. i could put together something like that based the type of terrain.

the thing with that is these replacement packs would be mostly for those that play in the editor or make missions and would use those.

WARMOD is very applicable to any game/mod it changes alot of features ect., but once you add replacements units, weapons, vehicles, maybe air units to warmod then those would be geared to the editors, the mission makers, and not the general arma player that just plays coop, or sp mission, and dont even go into the editor.

It would be some work to do, to add high quality units, weapons, vehicles packs based on terrain.

that means research, downloading, seeing if it works once some are combined, compatibility testing, then a final run with them with warmod.

if it works then and i make the decision then i would have to go through the process of getting permisson from those that i would use the mods from.

its really up to you guys, but like i said this idea in a way really dont have anything to do with warmod based on what warmod was put together to do.

personally i think it would be easier to find the high quality units, weapons and such an put a mod together yourself that you want, it aint nothing to do, just find them download, put a folder together name it put an addons folder in it then add it to your target line, i think that would be quicker then having me do it, you just have to look in the right places, you have the BIS forums here, armaholic, armed assault info.

------------------------------------------

any requests for warmod that you think would compliment how the mod runs?

meaning what can I add or tweak or adjust or do to make it perform better or just have in general.

faster dwnload ect.,

UPDATE

Currently i am compiling warmod's mods into one folder as to have one folder that is @WARMOD alone and not many folders clustering up your Arma directory.

Cant guarentee that this will work as there are many mods that could conflict, the current setup works flawless,

but if i can get this to work then it will be one download, including a small update with some fixes, and an addition.

testing will take the longest.

for now heres a video of my lastest tests with current additions and fixes, video has 5 parts, all 5 parts are the same mission,

I had to break the videos in to parts as each vid was to big to make just one -(i wanted to maintain quality here).

Warmod just got more intense!

Warning-

I have to warn you guys the Ai swears in the videos,

nothing i edited it, just the AI.

Watch in HD!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VQxM0ed9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VQxM0ed9I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

you can see part 2-5 here--->part 2 -5

when i recorded these clips i was getting some lag,

as it looks like i was running into the walls or slow to the shot in some parts.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

@Gunter

I have already put all of the individual mod folder files into one folder to run on a RAMDisk. I have had no conflicts at all. The Warmod runs flawlessly in this manner. It seemed kind of wrong to put so many files into one folder, but it works very well.

I look forward to any updates you may have. The AI in SP are much more improved and it's pretty cool to see enemy AI pop smoke when being attacked. Overall, I have found that ARMA runs very well when all environmental related files are loaded via the RAMDisk. No more texture flashing or lag as mod files are loaded.

Edited by Sailindawg

thats ausome!

what do you mean by ramdisk though?

isn't the folder in your main arma directory?

when warmod starts up do you see the GL3 menu at the beginning of your mission, and then see the light green "ECS initalization complete" indicator at the top right of the screen a few seconds after?

how did you get past the ecs error asking for the local file?

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9576/pic001u.jpg

edit:

tested it out, what i did was i found that ECS and GL3 have to be seperate from warmod and added as mods to the shortcut, i compiled the @warmodeffects and @warmodgameplay folder together, all mods except ECS and GL3 are in the addons of a new folder called @Warmod.

the warmod shortcut target line looks like this:

-nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3

like before @ECS and @GL3 have to be in there places as seen above or GL3 menu wont show up in the beginning, and ECS wont initilize.

Only way i found it to work.

put the @Wareffects, and @wargameplay addon folders into a new @warmod folder.

be sure to add @HiFi_Novus_Aevum addons folder into @warmod folder, or even a sound mod of your choice.

sry guys im no modder,

but i swear by this mod and wont play without it!

Edited by Gnter Severloh

what do you mean by ramdisk though?

Read here

isn't the folder in your main arma directory?

Nope. It's as I told you on the RAMDisk.

when warmod starts up do you see the GL3 menu at the beginning of your mission, and then see the light green "ECS initalization complete" indicator at the top right of the screen a few seconds after?

Yes, I do. And I can make changes to ECS by hitting ESC key and selecting the ECS option at the bottom of the dialog box.

how did you get past the ecs error asking for the local file?

I don't get any errors from stuff not loading properly.

tested it out, what i did was i found that ECS and GL3 have to be seperate from warmod and added as mods to the shortcut, i compiled the @warmodeffects and @warmodgameplay folder together, all mods except ECS and GL3 are in the addons of a new folder called @Warmod.

I put all the files from those folders into a folder named @RAMDisk ( I have since renamed it @WarMod ) and everything loads quite well. :yay:

My target line looks like this: -mod=beta -nosplash -mod=R:\@WarMod -maxmem=2024

I'm running the 1.17 beta patch. It all works fine with the beta patch. :yay:

R:\ refers to the RAMDisk and the location of the mod files and other texture files.

Regarding the RAMDisk, I'm running 8G RAM on Win 7 64. While the ARMA application cannot take advantage of the 64 bit OS & 8G RAM, I take advantage of the 64 bit OS by utilizing my RAM in a more efficient manner to run this program in a more efficient manner by utilizing the RAMDisk.

:D

Good information,

i read that exact ramdisk post earlier, lol

but very good, sounds like you got it figured it out, nice going!

it wont work for me as i only have 2 gigs of ram, but i have a setup already that works. For those that dont or cant go the ramdisk route, or dont want to then what you can do is follow what i did in my previous post:

compile the @warmodeffects and @warmodgameplay folder together, all mods except ECS and GL3 are in the addons of a new folder called @Warmod.

the warmod shortcut target line looks like this:

like before @ECS and @GL3 have to be in there places as seen above or GL3 menu wont show up in the beginning, and ECS wont initilize.

any questions post your reply, i should have a new update for warmod tomorrow, and very soon Warmod will be listed on armaholic in the mod section ;)

Tried to follow those complicated install instructions.. I thought I had it but then on startup:

Error Compiling vertex shader VSSshaderpool

:confused::confused:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarGameplay;@WarEffects;@HiFi_Novus_Aevum;@GL3;@EEH

My target line is right, yes?

And every folder gets extracted into the main directory, yes?

the install instructions is too confusing. i am not native english :(

Edited by Tom49

Tom49

redownload the mod it is has been updated and repacked.

keep your GL3 and ECS mods leave them alone

just put the data, keys, and @warmod folders into your main Arma directory,

then your startup line should read this:

note: by suggestion of Foxhound from Armaholic

ECS and GL3 mods will be a seperate download, and well be required mods of warmod.

UPDATED version 1.1

Changes and Fixes:

-Warmod has been repacked to be one download

http://www.filefront.com/15066895/WARMOD.rar/

(first post has been updated with new link)

-ECS mod and GL3 mod have seperate download

-readme updated

-features readme updated

-the Data folder had files that weren't needed, so they have been removed.

-Keys folder had a few files in it that weren't needed, they have been removed.

Additions

- Dynamic Sound AI

* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt,

fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.

* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP

* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default

* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)

* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables and config entries (see below for more information)

* Auto-initialization using XEH (fully XEH compatible)

- Extended Voice Addon

This Addon contains some of additional words and adds some variants in

AI radioprotocol. Basically, this is the reports on wounds, losses, targeting and attack.

all the mods work together, but the target line must have @ECS at the begining,

and @GL3 at the end

=============================================================

ECS Tweaks:

Open your ECS_local.hpp with a text editor and adjust these entries:

ECS_local6[] = {false};

disable the dynamic fog

ECS_public set[10, true]

AI chat enable

Controls the radio chat text when AI dynamic speaker generates speech;

turn this off if you prefer to not see the text

ECS_local85[] = {false};

Air vehicle Alarm, low altitude

Enables air vehicle Alarm for low altitude

ECS_local87[] = {false};

Chat (on friendlyfire only)

Controls the ECS radio chat text that shows when the dynamic speaker detects a players fire is in the line of a friendly.

This feature is sometimes useful in determining who is tking and is independant of "ECS_public set[10, true]"

refer to the readme.txt for a detailed explanation of these values!

=================================================

ECS/Disabled AddOns:

Remove these addos from the addons folder

and place them into the disabled addons folder

ECS_Armory.pbo

ECS_Quiet.pbo

ECS_Tracers.pbo

=================================================

For those that already have warmod:

take your @Wareffects and

@WarGameplay folders and put them together and rename 1 folder @Warmod

then adjust your shortcut to this

Download the latest update:

Version 1.1

http://www.filefront.com/15067411/WARMOD%20Update%20v%201.1.rar

for those that are going to download warmod for the 1st time then use the download link on the 1st post.

==============================================================

Edited by Gnter Severloh

what do you mean my startup line?

why do i need to edit all that myself? Shouldn't the mod do that :S

Edited by Tom49

Tom49

why do i need to edit all that myself? Shouldn't the mod do that :S

mod cannot do that, as the mod is not installed by an installer.

The mod is in a zip format so when you extract the zip you have all the files, from there you put the files in warmod into your Arma directory which are:

data folder

keys folder

@warmod

put all 3 of these into your main Arma directory, your arma directory can usually be found at:

C:\program files\ArmA

what do you mean my startup line?

Startup line is commonly referred to as the target line that is in your shortcut

like most mods you have to put the title of the mod into the shortcut target line:

1. go to the shortcut you use for warmod

2. right click the shortcut and go to properties at the bottem.

3. on the startup line or Target Line as it is normally referred to, add the following:

after the

exe -nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;GL3

for example

most target lines look like this for Arma:

C:\program files\ArmA\arma.exe

For any mod you add the -nosplash after the exe which removes the load up screen for Arma.

Then add the -mod= after

so overall your target line will look like this:

C:\program files\ArmA\arma.exe -nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;GL3

the -mod= is what tells Arma what mod to load, and so you can use multiple mods in arma on one target line by adding a semicolon ; between each mod.

I hope that helped.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Thanks it did

Will try it today. Looking forward to curse shouting :)

edit:

"ECS and GL3 mods will be a seperate download, and well be required mods of warmod."

means they are not in this download?? then what is?

Edited by Tom49

Excellent, great news tom glad you figured it out.

means they are not in this download?? then what is?

Whats in the download is listed on the first page of this thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1497375#post1497375

I had to keep ECS and GL3 mods seperate as they aren't hard to find on armaholic or even armed assault info site,

plus most authors of mods have their own bandwidth on armaholic, and Foxhound is pretty much footin the bill for those big mods, so theres no sense of listing them twice.

And it reduces the Warmod download down to 500mb versus 600 somthing mbs.

most of the mods that i have in Warmod are not hard to find either but it will take some time to look, and find them all,

plus there are some that are not even on armaholic or the other site, so i really did all the work for you guys.

WARMOD and What it Effects

Warmod effects every mod for Arma based on the mod, mods that dont have sounds or configs for their weapons and such will see the full effect of warmod,

others like unsung mod which i have been playin will see some warmod influence but not very much.

Acemod is heavily influenced my warmod, CWR or Cold War Rearmed mod is influenced, as well as a few others.

If you play warmod with just new units or vehicle or air addons, or even just arma vanilla

units then your most likely to see most if not all of Warmod's influence in your game.

my next plan is to reedit my original test mission and release that.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

UPDATE:

I am proud to annouce WARMOD is now listed on Armaholic!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8565

Warmod is also posted on the Armed Assault Info website

http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=4218

New Download availiable from:

Armed Assault Info

ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/armad/addons/WARMOD.rar

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Fantastic mod, thank you Gunter Severloh. I do have one problem though, when i play a mission i dont get the GL3 interface at the begining. ECS does initialise though and the gameplay seems fine. In the main menu i can see both ECS and GL3, so i dont know why it doesnt come up. Oh and if i play the original campaign, the game has problems starting from the sitrep map. Where you pick missions from map.

thank you.

when i play a mission i dont get the GL3 interface at the begining. ECS does initialise though and the gameplay seems fine.

ok, be sure that your target line, looks like the following:

-nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;GL3

any other mod that you use put it after ECS.

when you downloaded warmod did you download with the new link or the pack 1 pack 2 version i had which was version 1.0?

if you did it with the version 1.0 then you need the EEH which are the extended event handlers. GL3 wont work without EEH, not sure if thats your problem.

Oh and if i play the original campaign, the game has problems starting from the sitrep map. Where you pick missions from map.

i think the campiagn was bugged to begin with i could never play it myself, plus i play in the editor 99% of the time, thats just me.

what is your target line look like in your shortcut?

Hi i downloaded version 1.1 from Armaholic. My command line looks like this

So i dont know whats wrong. The gameplay is fine, nothing seems out of place apart from GL3 at start of mission. On main menu it shows ECS on bottom left and GL3 on bottom right. I will look more into it, see what might be wrong. Your right about main campaign though :) Thanks in advance.

I saw the same thing after combining all files from the various mod folders to create a folder for my ram disk. I would see the warmod icon and the GL3 icon in the main menu, but I would not see the yellow GL3 grid at mission start. I thought initially I turned it off.

I followed Gunter's advice regarding having seperate folders for GL3 & ECS. I had to add a seperate folder again for the @EEH MOD to get the GL3 grid back at mission start. Give that a try and you ought to see the GL3 option grid at mission start. I added @EEH to my target line and all is well.

Edited by Sailindawg

ya thats what i figured @EEH might be your problem, i have mine in the main warmod folder and it comes up np, but your shortcut is fine.

add the @EEH like this:

-nosplash -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3;@EEH

make sure you have a folder seperate from warmod that says @EEH,

and load it like a seperate mod.

kinda of odd how thats not working for you.

Been playing Warmod with VTE the vietnam experience, and they have their own configs for the weapons, but the AI respond accordingly and the explosions and effects, even gun control is alot better than the standard arma version of the mod.

just a little feedback on how warmod works other mods.

CWR and ACEMOD I found to be the better mods that really utilize alot of what warmod has.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Thank you both, you were right. It was the Event Handlers, loaded it as a seperate mod and now i get the yellow interface at begining of mission. This is the reason why i continue to play Arma, great mods and great community. Thanks again guys.

wonderful.

what you can try is putting EEH into the warmod's addons folder and test it and see if the menu comes up, if not then stick with what you got.

but it works for me that way.

GL3 should be able to read the EEH from Warmod folder, thats why i compiled it, especially after Sailindawg metioned he had combined all the mods together into one folder, so from that i knew something was going to work.

Lol i was playing OFP reistance last night and i was looking for the AI to yell stuff and do some crazy tactics, and see some wild explosions:computer:, lol oops i forgot im not playing with Warmod. DOUT!:icon_ohmygod: I guess I'll have to settle for ECP for OFP.

Would a third party addon set (eg. a set of soldiers and small arms)

automatically be compatible with this or would they have to be configured

specially?

you can use any third party addons, units, vehicles, weapons ect., with warmod.

its like the other way around really, take what you got and add warmod to your game with your existing setup and you will see a big difference in AI, effects, weapon control, sound, and gamplay overall.

For example i play with alot of unit replacements, as well as the LOBO Taliban units, and irakie insurgent units, and I also use Wip weapons, and RH's weapons, and Sjb's weapons ect.,

I just put whatever im going to use it into one folder and give it a name, basically creating a small mod of all the stuff i like, then i take the title of that little mod and add it after the @ECS in the shortcut target line.

to give you an idea heres what my shortcut really looks like:

-nosplash -mod=@ECS;@test;@WarMod;@WarUnits;@ships;@islands;@GL3

@test is a mod folder i use for testing stuff for warmod

@warunits is a mod folder with all my replacement units, weapons, vehicles ect.,

@ships is all the ships for arma

@islands is all the islands for arma.

But yes you can use anything and Warmod will compliment the add or mod.

some addons and mods wont be effected by warmod in terms of like say tracers or dispersion values, it all depends on the configs that the author had put together for the addon or mod, but in general you should see a big change in gameplay overall, and pretty much all third party addons wil work in one way or another.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Warmod will be updated to the next version soon

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Loving using ACE mod with this. The only problem is the enemy AI is kicking my arse!!!

lol, ya Ace is great with it. your skills and tactics ingame will change based on how the AI respond to you,

my next update will also give you the run for your money ;)

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

UPDATE

Been doing some testing on ECS and found these tweaks, they are also posted on the first post:

ECS Tweaks:

Open your @ECS folder and in the Bin folder, look for Local and public, and adjust the entries you want:

Local

ECS_local set[6, false]

Dynamic viewdistance Dynamic viewdistance.

Based on world position (meters)

ECS_local6[] = {false};

disable the dynamic fog

ECS_local85[] = {false};

Air vehicle Alarm, low altitude

Enables air vehicle Alarm for low altitude

ECS_local87[] = {false};

Chat (on friendlyfire only)

Controls the ECS radio chat text that shows when the dynamic speaker detects a players fire is in the line of a friendly.

This feature is sometimes useful in determining who is tking and is independant of "ECS_public set[10, true]"

public

ECS_public10[] = {false};

AI chat enable

Controls the radio chat text when AI dynamic speaker generates speech;

turn this off if you prefer to not see the text

refer to the readme.txt with the ? question mark for a detailed explanation of these values!

GL3 AI Enhancement Tweaks

In your Arma Directory find the @GL3 folder and look for the Local sqf and Global sqf files.

local

// GL3 Expedition Core: ( Client )

// Choose if a player should be able to build up a camp.

// Description: After building up a camp, the player can choose to create a fire place or to remove the camp.

// True / False, default is True

GL3_Local set [21, False];

// GL3 Expedition Fire:

// Choose if a player should be able to create a fire place after building up the camp.

GL3_Public set [22, False];

Global

// GL3 Enemy A.I. Body Remove Core: ( Server )

// Choose if dead enemy A.I. bodys should be removed, after a specific count of dead bodys was reached

// or if the target/player is in a specific range to the dead body.

GL3_Global set [40, False];

// GL3 Enemy A.I. Body Remove Distance:

// Choose the distance all targets/players must have to removing the dead bodys.

// 1 / 10000, default is 1000

GL3_Global set [41, 1000];

// GL3 Enemy A.I. Body Remove Count:

// Choose how many enemy A.I. can be killed, till removing the dead bodys.

// 1 / 10000, default is 1000

GL3_Global set [42, 100];

// GL3 Random Weather Core: ( Server )

// Choose True / False to enable/Disable this feature.

// Description: Weather Effects: Fog, Overcast and Rain

// True / False, default is False

GL3_Global set [53, False];

// GL3 Random Weather Change Interval:

// Choose the interval in which the weather should change.

// 900 = Minimum weather change interval time.

// 1200 = Maximum weather change interval time.

GL3_Global set [54, [900, 1200] ];

// GL3 Random Weather Change Time:

// Choose how much time have to pass till the next weather change.

// 300 = Minimum weather change time.

// 600 = Maximum weather change time.

GL3_Global set [55, [300, 600] ];

// GL3 Random Weather Overcast:

// Choose the maximum and the minimum overcast value.

// 0 = Minimum overcast value.

// 1 = Maximum overcast value.

// Note: 0 = No overcast

// 1 = Heavy overcast

// [0, 0] / [1, 1], default is [0, 1]

GL3_Global set [56, [0, 1] ];

// GL3 Random Weather Rain:

// Choose the maximum and the minimum rain value.

// 0 = Minimum rain value.

// 1 = Maximum rain value.

// Note: 0 = No rain

// 1 = Heavy rain

GL3_Global set [57, [0, 1] ];

// GL3 Random Weather Fog:

// Choose the maximum and the minimum fog value.

// 0 = Minimum fog value.

// 1 = Maximum fog value.

// Note: 0 = No fog

// 1 = Heavy fog

GL3_Global set [58, [0, 1] ];

its up to you if you want to leave these features on, but if not then take away the // double brackets at the bottem of the codes as you see above.

the GL3 Expedition Core code is when your in game and you got this feature on your action menu and even in the middle of the screen that asks you to setup camp or something, personally i found it annoying after a while so i disabled the feature. all feature are enabled by default, just remove the forward // at trhe bottem of the feature and save it and thats it.

I will be updating Warmod very soon to version 1.2 so stay tuned.

any questions, comments, thoughts or concerns, then dont hesitate to ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh