SyNcRoNiCzZ

SyNcRoNiCzZ AddOn Release Thread

where do you get your models from? FPSbanana?

I don't wanna sound rude or anything, but while i do understand the need and especially request for more weapons in A2, that AK for instance...well, it's a bit on the wrong side...

What do you mean by wrong though?

I don't have armaholic forum account, so I'll post here:

DAMN THANKS

Because I soooo waited for someone to make a better SCAR for A2 (I ported the A1 version, but it's just... it's just not enough :) ). Can't wait and please make all the versions!

SCAR L CQB

SCAR L CQB SD

SCAR L CQB EOTech

SCAR L CQB EOTech SD

SCAR L CQB Aimpoint

SCAR L CQB Aimpoint SD

SCAR L

SCAR L Aimpoint

SCAR L Aimpoint SD

SCAR L EGLM

SCAR L EGLM SD

SCAR L Aimpoint EGLM

SCAR L Aimpoint EGLM SD

SCAR L EOTech

SCAR L EOTech EGLM

SCAR L EOTech EGLM SD

SCAR L ACOG

SCAR L ACOG SD

SCAR L ACOG EGLM

SCAR L ACOG EGLM SD

SCAR L Marksman

SCAR L Marksman SD

SCAR H CQB

SCAR H CQB SD

SCAR H CQB EOTech

SCAR H CQB EOTech SD

SCAR H CQB Aimpoint

SCAR H CQB Aimpoint SD

SCAR H

SCAR H Aimpoint

SCAR H Aimpoint SD

SCAR H EGLM

SCAR H EGLM SD

SCAR H Aimpoint EGLM

SCAR H Aimpoint EGLM SD

SCAR H EOTech

SCAR H EOTech EGLM

SCAR H EOTech EGLM SD

SCAR H ACOG

SCAR H ACOG SD

SCAR H ACOG EGLM

SCAR H ACOG EGLM SD

SCAR H Marksman

SCAR H Marksman SD

Wow wow wait a moment. All the versions I can not handle too.

The beginning will contain only mall is only one version, maybe even two.

It's running already a closed test for this.

Tactical AK sounds more like those Airsoft guns. Arent real ones for SpecOps those which are called SOPMOD AK eg pic1, pic2?

What about making a MSG90 or DSR 50?

Ok, thanks for info Christian!

Though it'd be nice to have at least most of these versions released some time after (I think it's a copy-paste thing)

a bit like this

w0lle: I shall not post screens of stolen work

JonPL: I shall not charge people without knowledge of what's going on. That's nowhere proffesional.

You could just ask.

Edited by JonPL

Those are scuba's and my models.

Thank you JonPL for posting those pictures.

We couldn't do anything against the fact your ripped them for personal use (without permission) as there is no official rule against that, but posting pictures of them does make you break a forum rule.

So reported and hope this was your last post around here.

Have a nice life mate.

Those are scuba's and my models.

Thank you JonPL for posting those pictures.

We couldn't do anything against the fact your ripped them for personal use (without permission) as there is no official rule against that, but posting pictures of them does make you break a forum rule.

So reported and hope this was your last post around here.

Have a nice life mate.

Yes, that came to me already known from ArmA1 (ACE) ;)

Thread locked and SCAR screenshots removed until the permissions are solved.

I don't know why it is so hard to understand that before you post screenshots of "borrowed" work or even release it you must have the permission of the original creators.

Actually I think understanding is not the problem here but more a "I don't give a f*ck who originally created the content (and spent countless of hours doing so), I just want it now and for free" behaviour.

Edited by W0lle

Clarification = The Modell in my Pack of the SCAR, coms not from DaSquade.

W0lle has misunderstood this again. :clap:

Clarification = The Modell in my Pack of the SCAR, coms not from DaSquade.

W0lle has misunderstood this again. :clap:

Negative, I misunderstood nothing but reacted to a report claiming the SCARs are the one from Dasquade.

Next time you "borrow" a model from someone else and port it to ArmA2 you might include the names of the original creators right from the start.

The model is - in fact - by End Of Days, UV edits - if I remember this correctly - were made by Milo, textures courtesy of Racer445, recolored by Mr. Brightside.

Now, do you have permission from all parties or proof that they have nothing against a release of their work for this particular game? As reference, here is the original CDG release thread for INS.

I noticed that you credited the creators of your MP7, however, not so with the SCAR, which has taken me a little aback.

It would be cool if you could include the Info above, in case you have the authors permission and just forgot. Thanks in advance.

The model is - in fact - by End Of Days, UV edits - if I remember this correctly - were made by Milo, textures courtesy of Racer445, recolored by Mr. Brightside.

Now, do you have permission from all parties or proof that they have nothing against a release of their work for this particular game? As reference, here is the original CDG release thread for INS.

I noticed that you credited the creators of your MP7, however, not so with the SCAR, which has taken me a little aback.

It would be cool if you could include the Info above, in case you have the authors permission and just forgot. Thanks in advance.

But that's not even in ArmA2, how can you prove it's actually their work and not his? I'm just curious.

You can find Racers first post of the texture here, made in May. EODs WIP thread is located here. I suggest a moderator contact these people, as they did the majority of the work.

But that's not even in ArmA2

What has that to do with anything?

I CLOSE to time all my projects, because some people have to destroy all the talk.

There will be no publication of the SCAR, but you can thank you by W0lle.

Maybe I come back next year and continue to work.

Thanks for your attention.

Hold on...looks Wolle indeed misunderstood my post/pm. Sorry mate i wasn't that clear it seams (it was typed in a hurry as i needed to go).

My post and permission thingy was only directed to JonPL based on these post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1499568&postcount=48 (where he admits he had ported them to A2)

and

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1499883&postcount=54 (where he shows pictures of the models in A2).

Like said, we can't give permission for a port of our models atm.

SO this hasn't got anything to do with the SCARs posted by Christian.1987. I'm not here to police his work and i do not care if he got proper permission for his models (not my job, since it aren't my work).

So Wolle and Christian.1987, sorry if i caused problems. Carry on with your work (if you have permission of those guys involved). Last thing i want is to close a legal project!

PS: Christian.1987 do not take this personally and don't blame Wolle for his mistake. Wolle is doing a good job around here. Often he has to take care of too much, so mistakes happen.

OK to clarify this: Christian is not using DaSquades work without permission as I initially thought by reading the report. JonPL is the bad guy.

The problem was that DaSquades report was made in a hurry and I was reading the report too quickly as well. So I checked the screenshots and while thinking by myself "They don't really look like the ones from DS" I also thought "DaSquade surely knows what he's talking about".

However there's only one to blame for all this - me. :o

Christian

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused. My intention was not to discredit you or your work but to make sure no material from other community members is used without permission.

What I said before still stands though: Please for your own sake include the original creators right from the beginning so we all know who made the original stuff. Not to verify permissions or whatever but to make sure such misunderstandings as before don't happen.

and as i told in past - better do something lower quality but yourown

people will respect more yourown middle quality addon, than somebody port

if people want "ports" over own made, they not value work, they not understand work

Christian - try do yourown , after some learning you will have very good satisfaction and joy

Oh my god, You people fail.

Yes. It was A1 SCAR's, that were included in ACE1 for example. I ported them to A2 for PERSONAL USE. I showed them, because they represented more or less what I would like to see (just better and more versions).

Where did I stated it's Christian's work? Huh, where? I think "a bit like this", meaning "looking like these" clarified it all...and when I was made a Christian's PR agent?

...yeah. I'm the bad guy.

@Christan - sorry for causing problems. As I see people can't read nowadays - just please don't punish the whole community because of its bad parts.

@all

Nice job. You like to play judge? it's ok... if You get Your facts straight first.

And You didn't had to do a big research...

WHAT I POSTED IS NOT CHRISTIANS WORK, THESE ARE PORTED A1 SCARS MADE BY DA SQUADE. Kthx

Edited by JonPL

WHAT I POSTED IS NOT CHRISTIANS WORK, THESE ARE PORTED A1 SCARS MADE BY DA SQUADE. Kthx

Please don't port dasquade's and my work and show it here. I have been around long enough to know that "personal use" can mean a lot of different things and that most of the time, back-door "sharing" takes place in these situations.

I'm certain that since you've posted about it, you've received PMs asking for them.

Edited by scubaman3D

Meh bad vibes in this thread...

What i just don't understand is why original creators won't give permissions to someone who wants to modify or republish the model/script/addon.

If there is a SCAR model why not let the community polish it and release it to the public.

I understand that creating the originals take loads of time and effort but that doesn't change if someone is forking the project into his own. Giving credit where it is due ofcourse. I would be honoured if someone thought my work was good enough to be used again.

I seen so much people beeing demotivated by the fact they cant reach a original creator or that the just won't let people modify it.

Personaly i hope all stuff made for A2 will be in a sort of GPL license. Meaning that if u release something for the game u automaticly accept the fact a fellow enthousiast can modify it to its own likings.

What i just don't understand is why original creators won't give permissions to someone who wants to modify or republish the model/script/addon.

republish ?

what for ? original TAG is not good ? so other person (lazy cause do not want do his own) wants publish other person work but with his own tag before file ?

what is LOGICAL reason to republish such addon ??? to have own tag before file ?

cause if existing addon work - why republish (publishing again) ?

if not work , than trying addonmaker to update/fix should do the job, unless someone is helping, not only "wants to be famous on other work"

modify addon, than for what reason ?

i remember people who wanted modify my addons and they wanted screw my work , not make it better

i remember someone who wanted me to do not-realistic changes, as "for more fun in game, twice bigger magazines" etc. or using other tanks than real army uses, or someone wanted change realistic gear with something he saw in Hollywood movie etc.

if someone do "real" gear for soldiers, he will be angry seeing "more Ghost Recon gear" version

if real army soldiers use "odd, outdated helmet" and someone forces "to give them newest, never seen before, cause they would look bad-ass cool yeaaah"

spend yourself some weeks doing something, than discuss

understand that creating the originals take loads of time and effort but that doesn't change if someone is forking the project into his own. Giving credit where it is due ofcourse.

giving credit is few seconds in readme.txt

making model, textures, UV, normal map, specular map, shadows map, LODs, etc. sometimes take weeks of hard work

I seen so much people beeing demotivated

and i know some people demotivated by "new" community , that they do addons for clans and not release on public to avoid situation, when others want take bravos for their work

"new" community and people "who done nothing" not understand "old" hard working community who make effort to give people joy for free

in other games you pay for next content/game version etc.

here you have free and moan that someone cannot take bravo for others hours

i could sleep, f** girl, play footbal, watch movie, do sport instead of siting by PC and making models/textures (textures take some times many many tens/hundreds of hours of work)

usual gun model takes some days , 4-5 hours daily, so it is lets say sometimes 20, sometimes more hours of regular work

every goddamn rivet, screw, sew, pocket, button, detail, scratch has to be painted

those who not spent this time - not understand it seems

making texture for uniforms for US / Polish army was also - one day to create REAL tile of camo that can be multiplied as masks to cut elements and recolour (Polish camo patern is middle difficulty to make real tile) , many days for researches, making cordura vest to differ it from cotton uniform, making sewns, making buttons , making NOHQ for it,

making vehicles - mud, scratches , sometimes hundreds of rivets/screws , wheel details, softening, blurring for NOHQ, creating some P85 vehicles textures updates took as i can count more than 200 hours (Bradley, UAZ van, T64, T80, 2S1, BTR60.... and normals and etc.)

Grozas i shown, AEK 971 in alfa stage - also at least 20-30 hours till now

it is not 5 minutes work, typical rifle made from scratch takes sometimes week 5 hours daily

it would be good if Oxygen had no "import" option, and just model made from scratch

Meaning that if u release something for the game u automaticly accept the fact a fellow enthousiast can modify it to its own likings

i would meant 0.01% addons released than we have now

the same should go to woman, i see your girl on street, i should have right to use her, as she walks the same pavement as me

the same should go to your parents bank account, as they earn etc.

and i am demotivated that i cannot do shopping giving you to pay for my dinner, it demotivates me, booo

other thing that really demotivates is that when you do researches, spent hell of time to make real uniform (differ cordura from cotton, differ ripstop from thick, differ metal from plastic) some others simply "import" other, sometimes without even basic knowledge about right and left side of gun, wrong sights, wrong stock , wrong proportions etc.

in CS there were even weapons where plastic buttstock had scratches like metal

kids love "scratches", "yea" , rust on plastic, scratches on plastic... and they not value some others hard work - it demotivates

that addonmaker A, B, C, D can spent tens of hours doing something and other one will "import" in 5 minutes even with mistakes from other games (in some games sights are changed "for more fun of gameplay, yeaaah"

I would be honoured if someone thought my work was good enough to be used again.

there is other situation, when someone do pack of 10 weapons, he did 8 himself, he gets 2 from others

than when someone even cannot do simple thing

and if you would be honored - okay , i need for next week:

- AEK Kashtan

- script for minelayer

- sight reticles for some vehicles

- complete test of every unit in 3 packs to be sure my addon won't have single bug

- Swedish soldier + CV 90

- Italian soldier + Beretta rifles

- Belgian soldier

- India soldier + INSAS

- Pakistani soldier + wooden G3 furniture

- AN PVS 14 and PVS 17 for Binkowski use

will you do it ? i will release it with VIL_ tag, of course "credits will be given", no problem i can give credit in readme

Edited by vilas

1. please post again after you spent your free time working on a project on your own, released it to the community for FREE, then someone wants to modify your project..(i am talking about scuba and dasquad SCAR pack available in ACE1)

2. in this particular case, there is more to it to why the original creators are not willing to allow it to be ported..

3. everything done using A1 MLOD for instance, is in a sort of GPL license. That said, everything that is NOT, is to be treated different.

there are several issues in this thread:

1. Christian willing to spend his own free time trying to import 3rd party models into A2. All good with that as long as proper credit is given, and if he got permission prior to release. He is not the first, not the last one to do that...

2. JonPL posting about a port over from A1, which has been denied by Scuba and DaSquad for a good reason. Personal use is one thing, as long as you keep it personal in the first place...

so please keep your comments to yourselves until you actually produce something, otherwise you won't understand most of what it takes...

EDIT:

it would be good if Oxygen had no "import" option, and just model made from scratch

Not for ppl who are NOT using O2 for modeling...but other software such as 3dmax, modo, maya...hell, even blender is easier to use than o2, and features baking maps, etc opposed to O2

Edited by PuFu
vilas post

I knew my post was getting misinterpret when i posted it, but atleast it keeps the discussion alive.

First of im busy with a project converting campaigns from A1 so that there playable in A2. It isnt the most revolutionary project but still i spend my free time into it so that others won't have redo it. Like i said it's not that hard but in essence it is the same a modeler does (invest time into something u won't see any money for).

@vilas

I doubt anyone wants to repack an addon just to change the tag.

Ofcourse its better to ask the original creator to modify it to your needs. But sometimes the creator have left the scene or doesnt want it to be changed.

Don't get me wrong if the original creator doesnt want it to be released, don't release it simple as that. I merely asking why someone wouldnt give his permissions for someone to fork his project if the proposed changes arent what the creator had in mind. I see no gain, a basic lose-lose situation.

About giving credits, like i mentioned that should be ofcourse mandatory. It's downright disrepectfull if u leave it out.

@pufu

1. like i said I also am busy giving the community something back. Not that has something todo about giving a opinion.

2. Ofcourse there are always situations where it isnt as easy. My post wasnt about the scars but addons in general. If BI bought those models for OA sure there copyrighted and shouldnt be tampered with.

3. I know, that was basicly my point. BI gave us the good example i would just hope us enthousiast would follow it.

I would like to make clear this isn't a stab/troll for all the people working hard to make custom models/scripts/ui's (u name it). I would just hope that the general spirit would be more open minded.

Ahwell i guess im getting to old and anarchistic for this ;)