I don't seem to be able to use the Cruise Missiles. Somehow the Mandomissile addon does not kick in when using the subs, only when using the sub-hunter choppers.

nice addons, but people in multiplayer session don't seem to be able to dive

when using the sub, it seems that there is only interactivity

with it, when on server side. anyone else ?

There is one thing that I always thought it wasn't right with the subs (since the Arma I release, I mean) and it's the issue that you set the harpoons to be fired vertically from the VLS tubes all the late flight Los Angeles SSNs have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Harpoon

Sub-harpoons are fired from the torpedo tubes, so their animation of being launched vertically I think it's not faithful. That should be reserved for Tomahawks. There is a very good pic of the tomahawk mk36 VLS here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_class

I have seen a couple of the UGM-84 videos that are uploaded and the exit angle of the missile (when coming out of the water with the booster) looks about 45 degrees, not 90 degrees. You can see a harpoon launch from a submarine in the last seconds of this video:

Anyway, A TOP JOB!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mankyle

Gnat you ROCK man! Loads of fun with your updated Subs and Aircraft Carrier, with the addition of the Frigates we will have a real Navy.

Thanks a lot for all your work! :yay:

Gnat;1492288']...

- Again' date=' not what I would call ArmAII quality, but its the best I can do.

[/quote']

I am really glad you did a release anyway. Way better to have not so top-notch quality than nothing!

Gnat,

With the new Mando Missile release we get a Mando missile error. Can you update your subs? And do you know why we can't get the submarine to submerge periscope depth or other levels on Podegorsk island? We are using ACE and the latest Mando Missile.

Respectfully

Landdon

Edited by Landdon

I dont really support "mixing" addons like ACE, god knows what they tweak or bypass, but I'll have a look sometime.

Gnat;1551975']I dont really support "mixing" addons like ACE' date=' god knows what they tweak or bypass, but I'll have a look sometime.[/quote']

Hi Gnat !

hats up for your work, i love to play with it, working on special warfare missions including mando missiles and your addons.

i nearly finished including the driveable LHD into WarfareBE, including buy and spawn able vehicles using the warfare interface on the ship. (here is an older version with static ships and basic independent vehicle buy/order system): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9368

from me, most requested for the future would be:

- driving ability of the Kuznetsov, is it still a planed feature ?

- limitation for submarines to dive deeper than the bottom (hiding in streams).

Stoned

Edited by Stoned

Cool ... doing a little Silent Hunter ... very interesting! :eek:

Hope we will have nice breaking waves (dunno the english word for it) at the front of the boats soon ... like with the motorboats ... :)

Hope we will have nice breaking waves (dunno the english word for it))

Close, it's Bow Wave.

And submarines certainly have very distinct bow waves, would be great to see simulated in some way.

submarine-astute-in-action.jpg

I indeed enjoyed it yesterday evening - it's fascinating!

Are there any missions yet?

@Daniel: Thanx for the vocabulary: bow waves!

They are already there - at the motorboats ... perhaps only "add bow waves to sub" in script ? :D

Unfortunately a sub "hidden" under water with this big white "bow" wave on the surface makes Sub-Hunting real easy!

No, bow wave can't be switched on or off at all in the ArmA engine, hence I decided to switch off and leave off.

FYI, might release a small update in coming weeks.

Gnat;1572559']Unfortunately a sub "hidden" under water with this big white "bow" wave on the surface makes Sub-Hunting real easy!

No' date=' bow wave can't be switched on or off at all in the ArmA engine, hence I decided to switch off and leave off.

FYI, might release a small update in coming weeks.[/quote']

Awesome Gnat, this is a great mod glad to see you are improving it. Hope you figured out the Group CRRC addaction.

Any ships planned? We really need some ships!

Thanks

I wasn't sure where to put this. Are you still working on your AN-12, FSF-1, and KA-26 models? I saw them a while back but haven't heard anything about them for ArmA 1 or 2.

Gnat;1572559']Unfortunately a sub "hidden" under water with this big white "bow" wave on the surface makes Sub-Hunting real easy!

No' date=' bow wave can't be switched on or off at all in the ArmA engine, hence I decided to switch off and leave off.

FYI, might release a small update in coming weeks.[/quote']

Cant you spawn an invisible vehicle at the right pos that creates the bow wake when the sub is emerged?

You can also use that vehicle to change the detection values for AI.

I think the Torpedo needs to do a little more damage. I placed a USMC RHIB MK19 about 300m away from 5 Delta subs and those Torpedos look freakin huge compared to the boat yet they only take away a few hit points. Also, the AI are quite bad at landing those Ballistic missiles -don't know if thats intentional.

those Torpedos look freakin huge compared to the boat yet they only take away a few hit points.

Its the MMA "detonate radius", it doesnt suit small boats.

Also, the AI are quite bad at landing those Ballistic missiles -don't know if thats intentional.

Well they do have a huge fire arc and aren't really meant for close in targeting.

Thats near enough to intentional

Gnat, I have a request regarding the Los Angeles class: Can you include Tomahawk missiles that can be fired via mapclick? (Like how the SCUD launcher works)

The Harpoon missile behaves VERY weird when I fire and manually target a building or surface with the crosshairs (swooping upwards when it reaches the targets, and then falling to the ground in a "dumb mode" glide).

Having the Tomahawk added in with a mapclick targeting system will be a very helpful addition for those who want to utilize the submarine as a primary sea-to-surface attack platform in support of small-scale assaults.

Let me know if you can pull that off. I'd appreciate it very much.

-NK

NK

I had already considered such, but "mapclick" stuff is all driven by scripts and not "addon hardcoding", and that means it has a serious chance of crashing/not working with other peoples missions and addons.

Hence, not something I wish to add.

As for the odd missile behaviour, I think you'll find that happens when it looses target lock. "Unlocked" missiles can be directed via cross-hairs (like TOW), hence missile may also be trying to go where ever the pointer moves.

For what it is worth I am using Gnats subs in Domination and I use them along with Mandoble's Console Script, I use the Sub as the Launcher for Mandoble's Cruise Missiles and use Gnats Sub with it's features as well.

Works great love these Subs!!!

Amazing work. I see that you're planning to release another BLUFOR sub. May i suggest a RN Trafalgar class SSN ?