Kuz2_9.jpg

Kuz2_6.jpg

Russian Carrier

Conversion of Ivans OFP unit by Gnat

Retextured again by eddyD

Includes Aircraft Tug

Notes

- READ THE README before whining !

- Kuznetsov is not up to ArmAII quality expectations, it needs lots more work, but is functional enough and the community probably needs it.

- Note that "assemby it at sea" script is not as effective as the ArmA version, theres more chance bits will be out of alignment.

UPDATE: Beta 5 (June 30th 2010)

- fix several P3D files after CTD on ArmA2 1.07 patch

- improved access to Catapult actions

- added animated blast plates for catapult

- tweaked lights

LINKS

Armaholic Link

Armed Assault Info Link

Filefront Link

HOOK / WIRE USAGE for Kuznetsov

Place your Kuznetsov and then place 2 NEW GAMELOGICS like this;

Kuz2_8.jpg

Now come is slow'ish (~250) and at deck height and the "wire" should grab you. If you're too fast or too high (>2meters) the wire won't wash enough speed off and you'll over-shoot.

Once you touch the deck you need to be "de-accelerating" *(Z key etc) hard until you stop ..... unless you start to over shoot *:tounge2:

To place stuff on the Deck

Place this in the INIT field of the object.

this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 17];

Have fun.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Nice , i'm sure it will be up2 standards some time in the future

Could you please post the readme here so we could read it before downloading?

Not sure if this is on purpose, but modelToWorld [0,0,0] returns a Z of -90m underwater.

OUTSTANDING, bout fuckin time someone ported this

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

for all of those who need help placing items on the top of the carrier type this in the initalization window for each unit (or copy and paste :P)

this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 17];

Not sure if this is on purpose, but modelToWorld [0,0,0] returns a Z of -90m underwater.

Hmmm ... not sure mate. I'll check it out.

@Drew

Thx mate, I forgot that ;)

@Big

Thanks

Supossedly he was going to release them this week too. At least that's what he wrote in the Mando Missiles WIP thread a couple of days ago. I hope he releases upgraded versions soon. I have ported the frigates and the subs from Arma to Arma 2 but there are a couple of errors that I cannot solve

And Gnat, good work!!!. Now we can do a USN vs Morskoy flot scenario.

bravo GNAT, in Arma 1 you also had inventing addon - truck with semitrailer

you do unique and inventing addons :)

for the lulz.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z_E_yIvgpc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z_E_yIvgpc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Woohoo! Thanks Gnat!! And of course Eddy for the textures :)

Hehe Drew, interesting a 200 speed landing. Is that legal? :P

Edited by Victor

it took me 2 attempts the first one i came in a little over 250 and went right off the carrier. I recorded it but was too ashamed to include it LoL

it took me 2 attempts the first one i came in a little over 250 and went right off the carrier. I recorded it but was too ashamed to include it LoL

Lol, Ive just been doing a bit of practice too :P .. awesome release on the carrier!.. P.s we need more jets now ;)

oh yeah baby :jump_clap:

Go realling test this carrier in arma2 , nice don Gnat :ok:

cya

eddyD

This is great!

Is launching f-16's off of this wrong? Between this and Mando missile I've been very busy.

Awesome.

Awesome.. Simply fantastic. The golden age of Arma 2 has begun! This is part of prophecy. It is written "When opposing carriers are released, the addons will flow." =) (sorry, I am the 'king of cornyness')

I just watched Drews vid, after there were other carrier landing vids to compare against. Only one (meaningful) signature detail was missing... A frothy wake. A carrier has an enormously long wake that you can use to line up with. Would there be any way with a texture, persistent particles or such to make one for your addon?

hi love the work but am i missing something as i can not see the server key any ideas?

Awesome.. Simply fantastic. The golden age of Arma 2 has begun! This is part of prophecy. It is written "When opposing carriers are released, the addons will flow." =) (sorry, I am the 'king of cornyness')

I just watched Drews vid, after there were other carrier landing vids to compare against. Only one (meaningful) signature detail was missing... A frothy wake. A carrier has an enormously long wake that you can use to line up with. Would there be any way with a texture, persistent particles or such to make one for your addon?

The carrier isnt moving to leave a wake....

The carrier isnt moving to leave a wake....

Oh, I agree. But I was speaking about the 'meaningful feature' side of things. If there was a simple wake texture 1-2 km long, not visible in the closer LOD's (maybe getting more and more transparent as you get to the closer LOD's), one could use it BVR to line up, instead of the usual "Where is it? Am I close? Ah crap! it's way over there!" approach method :p

That is, until we get the HUD and A-G radar functioning.. :D