Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

Wow, wonderfull island.

Great work Sumrak, and now on ArmAII it is simply wonderfull.

My island forever :)

Great job, very nice work, finally a map worthy of the name on ArmA 2 !!!

Your map is officially used by our team.

Thank you

Anyone else get this? :confused:

On Very Low Terrain settings

Get what? I cant see whats wrong.

When i look at the VD edges when flying there are holes in the terrain though. Triangle shaped holes in the ground.

Anyone else get this? :confused:

3989843774_5ac2e0ef0d_m.jpg

On Very Low Terrain settings

I assume you mean the polygon holes in the terrain. Yeah I get those too.

Great island!

Is it possible, to use the grass of arma2 (this one is a performance killer) and make an option for disabling any colour-filters?

And I wish to insert the response :D island GOOD! :ok: Unique question! Island BIG! Domination missoin! Probably to insert into this island? :)

Hi, thanks all,

for all:

i try to make test with another versions of clutter and i see, if i can make a better performance clutter with same look as now :)

BoneBoys, colonel stagler:

I know, A1 object have some roadway issues for now, it will be fixed in future.

Aelin:

My plan is make editor modules, which allows to you spawn mutants, run blowout sequences, add ambient sounds and music :)

GiorgyGR:

Maybe, i add this od ToDo list, or now you can use, as you said, Nim weather modules ;)

And i think, on Namalsk is a lot of buildings enter able..

Trracer:

Nice :D and i have property no dammage in this model (for now, i try to make some better destruction, like ArmA brigdes, if will be time..)

vasmkd:

That brigde is inspired by first mission in Cordon in old S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.

CombatComm:

I had in some mission +3 and it was fine.

prowler.wolf:

I have only 1 solution for this for now, try to set bigger terrain settings or lower the view distance..

JumpingHubert:

As i wrote upper, i try to test another version of clutter..

Colour filtres? i don't have any colour filters added on Namalsk, you can only add them with modules..

Keshman:

Making another missions i let on community, i hope, someone create and release something :p

EDIT:

If someone want to play on Namalsk, try to connect on this server: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/212.80.95.36:2302/ maybe at evening will be there some players :-)

Edited by Sumrak

Hi Sumrak,

From my brief time spent exploring it last night this island seems too good to be true. But I sincerely hope that it will run on our MPteams server etc without problems because frankly it is the most impressive island for ArmA2 so far.

A quick question for you or anyone else who can answer it. What are the best setpos heights for placing units in and under the facility with the underground laboratory?

Great island. two items for you. 1 bug and 1 warfare mission issue.

- bug - the piles of dirt that cover the protected harbor area flip up and stand vertical if you try to come on land in an apc from the water within the harbor. infantry can walk through them after they flip up vertically.

- warfare mission issue - the ai cannot capture some towns. this does not always occur. i unpboed the warfare mission and saw the "suprises" you have placed. i believe this is whats preventing the ai from sometimes capturing. the "suprises" are within the town capture zone and the ai cannot see them. saw this happen at the town north of tara harbor and the town south on the big island by the railroad bridge (cant remember its name). again, great island am i am enjoying it very much, thanks!

update: after testing all amphib vehicles for the above bug, ive found that tracked ones cause this while wheeled ones do not.

Edited by Gutm@sher
further testing

This island is fantastic, great job. Objects are superb, as is the clutter.

The clutter does look good but it really obstructs your view when at the same time the AI can see just through it. I know it's an Arma 2 problem but I feel like it's even a bigger problem on this island. Maybe adding some objects like bushes to give you hiding places or making the plants lower would solve this.

Awesome as others have said, but the clutter could do with some work. Some of the bigger shrubs seem to block your movement randomly which gets annoying, and as stated, the grass blocks your view without blocking the AI and leaves you exposed to Ai and humans at any sort of distance. It'd be nice to have patches of clutter instead of total, and perhaps make it slightly lower, as no clutter (setterraingrid 50) looks bad, and reveals the extremely dodgy warping of the ground at your feet.

Ok it's not very often I say this but this map is the best map I've seen since the days of operation flashpoint.

It's perfect in every detail. BI should give you a damn job just for this. Head Map Designer Ruler of All Map Makers.

One complain. My beast of a pc doesn't handle it very well. It is playable but it goes jerky in some areas. My next pc will handle it better I guess! And I get those weird snow textures when I am in the air too.

Really dude. I am just walking around the map admiring your work.

DAMN!

Hi, thanks all,

prowler.wolf:

I have only 1 solution for this for now, try to set bigger terrain settings or lower the view distance..

What is your Texture Layer Size in your Project Parameters? I have heard others have been able to fix this issue by setting the Base Layer to 40.0x40.0m

Otherwise great job, this island seems to have been a long time coming and the hard work put in really shows. :)

I dont post normally, too busy modding ;), but I have to for this one. I mean this with all sincerity, this is the best map Ive seen in any of 3 versions from BIS, and better than any stock map they've offered. The hard work certainly shows, and I just had to point out how good it really it is.

Edited by ReconPathFinder

A really nice indeed, thank you Sumrak.

Did you have time to play the game tough ?

very awesome island! Love the underground laboratory thingy :D

It was very well hidden :D took me about 1 hour of searching around the editor and hitting preview to find it.

Btw whats the perfect height to spawn some a.i's into the underground area? :)

Wow this is just amazing what u have done there, great atmosphere, beautiful island.

thank u :notworthy:

i always dreamed of a stalker mod for arma, i hope u can complete this mod and make ur own dream come true.

i also hope u find some :help: from other modders... this could become one of the greatest mods ever, the island already is top notch :thumb:

Still need to check ingame but congrats on your awesome island mate! Check out the map editor forum part for the lod issues :)

Hi, thanks all :)

What is your Texture Layer Size in your Project Parameters? I have heard others have been able to fix this issue by setting the Base Layer to 40.0x40.0m

Otherwise great job, this island seems to have been a long time coming and the hard work put in really shows.

I know, but, i have base layer 50.0x50.0m and i can't change it :confused:

Did you have time to play the game tough ?

:) sometime yes..

Btw whats the perfect height to spawn some a.i's into the underground area?

I don't try this for now, but, i think, it's about +-20..

i always dreamed of a stalker mod for arma, i hope u can complete this mod and make ur own dream come true.

i also hope u find some from other modders... this could become one of the greatest mods ever, the island already is top notch

I think, i can complete this mod :) i don't leave my work unfinished :p

Gr8 work, Sumrak :) 100/100 points from me. Cool atmosphere, briliant locations like the Dam, Tana port.. I only wonder if anybody lives in the northernmost part of the island? Some houses near Jaloviste look like they are in quite a good shape.. :)

I set view distance to max and everything works absolutely perfect for me..