Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

the armaholic mirror is messed up,why does it refers to arma instead of arma 2??

also,does the normal modfolder method works?cos i see .bat files......

Armaholic link working fine for me. As ProfTournesol said, it works and bat file is only for launching ArmA II with Namalsk (arma2.exe -nosplash -mod=Nightstalkers). :)

Very nice work, i love this island very much. Are "underground" objects the tunnel entrances or something else ?

Thanks, underground is under location marked AII on map, there is building in center of area and in this building is a ladder into underground laboratory :p

Edited by Sumrak

Buliwyf:

For me GPS working fine :-)

Hmm.. okay... i will try it without any other addons.

:confused:

Armaholic link working fine for me. As ProfTournesol said, it works and bat file is only for launching ArmA II with Namalsk (arma2.exe -nosplash -mod=Nightstalkers). :)

Thanks, underground is under location marked AII on map, there is building in center of area and in this building is a ladder into underground laboratory :p

Ah ya, i found your little message. That's fun :bounce3:

Beautiful island, thank you for releasing this in ArmA2.

Sumrak...

The location marked AI, (a stone circle type of affair on top of a snowy peak), has some terrain stitching problems.

I once fell through the world and died :eek:

Thought I was in UnrealEd for a minute.

I like your work.

yes but is arma 1 related!!!and i suppose i must put the bat file in the folder within the pbos to launch the mod,correct me if i lie....

I want to ask you Sumrak:obviously your island is based on "stalker" fps series about chernobyl:811:,but will you add some features like artefacts,strange phenomenals,radiation to this scenario??I mean not only within the future campaign but also as "addon" to use in the editor!!!this will make me able to create a lot of new situations in this island and it will open a totally new dimension in arma 2!:eyeheart:

the armaholic mirror is messed up,why does it refers to arma instead of arma 2??

Thanks, it's now fixed.

This file is for ArmA 2, only the classification was wrong ;)

Can´t find Snowman Nr. 4.... :mad:

Needed 2 1/2 hours to find 3... Are you sure you added 4? :D

Can i get 3/4 of campaign with this?

Mhhh.... :confused:

Regards Culti :)

Great map, looks truly stunning. Thank you for your hard work, im sure many gamers (including myself) will enjoy this for a long time to come. Thanks again.

very nice cant wait to try it!think ill make chapter 2 of my campaign on this map

Thought i would try it and see what all the fuss was about, well now i know very impressive, a lot of work has gone into this and is clear to see, excellent, thankyou, works fine on my rig, but as already said the grass textures hold it back a bit. Great work, 10/10, cheers.

cool island love the giant wind turbines :D

I m a Namalsk-maniac since ArmA1 :)

Great work of course..although i highly recommend (beyond minor-fixes..)

some addon-like "Snow-falling" and/or "snow-blizzard"

(I saw something like that in :NIM_Weather addon -with a minor bug Snowing

INSIDE the houses..-like ArmA1 rain)

I m anxious to play (at last) the WHOLE campaign :)

*P.s

Have you thought about MORE enter-able buildings??

Edited by GiorgyGR

Do i need to say more,

this is stunning, i love all the stalker decals and buildings,and the way you created the x18 perfectly, cant wait till its all finished. I found a bug, At A1, where the earth anomaly is, you can just walk right through it as if it wasnt there. Its not solid.

Keep up the great work lads. nice one

That bridge reminds me of the one in Hidden and dangerous in 1st mission

wow this island is really really amazing. i'd say this is on par with chernarus as far as quality goes. seriously beautiful stuff youve made. combined with the NIM weather mod for snow and blizzards its amazing!

only complaint i have is what others mentioned. FPS. I have a pretty good rig and i get a silky smooth 60 fps flying around the map in a helo or walking on the mountain tops. but as soon as i hit treeline my fps plummets instantly to 15fps and i feel like im in molasses. i guess a clutter reduction would be nice, but its a shame because it looks so nice.

other than performance issues, this map is outstanding. really glad to see this quality of work being made!

Great looking map. This was fun in ARMA on with Zombies all over it. Now if we can only get them working for ARMA II then I can port over the same maps I made for this and we can have some real fun with Zombie evolution.

Anybody got any ideas on how to improve performance. this map is a kicker in FPS. But gorgeous. Im already working on a mission for it. Perfect setting

Yes. Like many said: TERRAIN DETAIL=OFF (no grass).

That will give you super FPS but it will look a bit boring. Solution for now.

Alex

Hey sumrak! Great mod. Do you know what height positions a helicopter has to be placed at to sit on top of the helipad at seraja? I place it and it ust sinks into the helipad