Sign in to follow this  
Sumrak

Namalsk island, v1.10

ARRRRRGGH that chezh (sp) site is rediculous. One I dont know the lanaguage so I cant find download. And the button I THINK is download has that stpid captcha thing that iv tried a million times and it dosent work. Somone please advise

Ok i noticed now that the map doesnt lag at all when i remove the grass (Terrain Detail OFF), but with it set to LOW i lag too much to play.

It would be great if the clutter could be less at the lowest terrain setting. I understand that is probably huge amount of work, but the balance in the settings is not so good when the island doesnt lag at all, and then the lowest grass setting makes it unplayable.

Good stuff for this island: Schnapsdrosels mercenaries and EMERYS buggy's. :) Fits real nice. Such an amazing island... Looks so real.

Alex

Wait 5 minutes, I'll update this post with some mirrors (200Mb/s of bandwidth :D)

UPDATED

Mirror 1

3-animation.png

Frontpage news : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7783

I've up it third once because the bandwidth seems to be limited per domains, so if one is slow, try another.

Edited by tom_48_97
less pics for the other :)

can somebody tell me a good free unzip program cuz this thing just aint opening up. both namask 1 and namask 2

Huuuray , thx mate and finally i can download this when i come home :cool:

can somebody tell me a good free unzip program cuz this thing just aint opening up. both namask 1 and namask 2

http://www.7-zip.org/

ughh should I change the file ext from 001 and 002 to .zip???

These 2 parts namalsk_v1.0.7z.001 and namalsk_v1.0.7z.002 , put together with Total Commander http://www.ghisler.com/ - to create one file .7z so then u can extract with 7z tool or winrar

Edited by RobertHammer

hahaha thank you. Now I dont feel so stupid. The average non modd creating gamer wouldent know about that program....right haha

RH, hey this total commander is no joke. Pretty complicated. Can u tell me which tab I should go to?

RH, hey this total commander is no joke. Pretty complicated. Can u tell me which tab I should go to?

Look this

in HQ

Thanks alot mate, BEST addon out now, this map plus the Dinamic Wheather snow and blizzard, wow, looks AMAZING....Great map really.

Thanks a lot for sharing your great work!

Anybody got any ideas on how to improve performance. this map is a kicker in FPS. But gorgeous. Im already working on a mission for it. Perfect setting

Now after testing your island i have to say you made a great job man!! :yay:

Only bug i found by now is, that the GPS coordinates don`t work on island.

:notworthy:

SWDepot Mirror (which is really, really fast!!)

Namalsk Island

Scroll to the bottom of the Namalsk News Section.

Edited by dale0404

:eek: so many posts :D

Thanks to all :)

Namalsk hw performance:

Namalsk was even different island. It is not like a Chernarus with big plains, Namalsk is smaller and on some parts very detailed.. these things have some performance drop, but, it is not horrible..

And sorry for problems, my ftp i near death, i don't know why :( (that was a reason to use some uplaod servers)...

But now, it is good :-) so many links to choose :-P

All links are avaible in first post.

And if somebody have problems with this, try to change terrain details or add more fog :-P

tom_48_97, -rF- Cultivator, dustoff, dale0404:

Thanks guys for the news and uploads ;-)

tobmic:

Forest's was detailed, but, there was problems with performance, trees have a big performance drop, so, some forest areas was edited :(

SenChi:

Thanks, yes, this is problem, if is terrain detail set on low, i try to fix this, but, there are maybe some problems with my parametres, which i can't change to different :-/ i take a look on this..

Dogmeat of Finland:

Maybe, i don't know for now, how exactly is clutter working with AI, but i know, that there will be always problem, if someone hiding yourself in 100m from you in clutter and you see only a soldier without clutter..

Buliwyf:

For me GPS working fine :-)

Edited by Sumrak

the armaholic mirror is messed up,why does it refers to arma instead of arma 2??

also,does the normal modfolder method works?cos i see .bat files......

the armaholic mirror is messed up,why does it refers to arma instead of arma 2??

also,does the normal modfolder method works?cos i see .bat files......

Yes it does.

Very nice work, i love this island very much. Are "underground" objects the tunnel entrances or something else ?