• Rifleman
    • Machine Gunner
    • Sniper
    • Medic
    • Officer
    • Demolitions Guy
    • AA Guy
    • AT Guy

Basically just put what type of Infantry unit you usually play as, e.g. Medic, Machine Gunner, Sniper etc.

I like playing as a Medic, just hide in a house until someone goes down then run out to get them :)

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

Also post the name of any others I have forgot, Peace.

Isn't the Automatic Rifleman just the same as the Machine Gunner or is there a significant difference?

An AR would be a like a guy carrying an M249 SAW or the Minimi.

A Machine Gunner would usually reffer to a guy with a heavier weapon like a GPMG or a M2 .50 cal.

Aah, that's what I was missing.

Yeah Medics are cool, there's less danger aswell, more chance of survival, and if a squad-mate pisses you off you can choose not to heal him haha.

What's the FAC Operators for? I've never used them.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Thought someone would've voted Sniper by now haha.

FAC - Forward Air Controller, basically directs air strikes and coordinates aircraft.

FO - Forward Observer, basically directs artillery strikes.

Btw, a USMC machinegunner in Arma2 is operating the 7.62 M240B. Too heavy to really run around with in MOUT conditions, but it is far better than the M249 SAW at some distance.

In Arma1/ACE, my definitive favourite was the scoped M240B, usually on tracer ammo. Scoped because on public servers there usually isn't enough teamplay so that an assistant can guide my fires.

In Arma2, it kinda depends on the situation. I always try to "play my class", unless the (public) server have too few players to support this. I don't pickup crated AT weapons if I'm a machinegunner, and I most certainly don't use the backpack cheat, err, system :). I don't really have a "favourite class", since my favourite mission (Domination) isn't too infantry friendly due to all its armor.

For more realistic missions though, I'd say SAW gunner for MOUT'ish combat, and machinegunner for the rest. But I really haven't played those much yet.

Machine gunner = big fat heavy guns.

Automatic Rifleman (AR) = Big, sexy gun.

Haha cool, being a Medic in a game is tonnes of fun but in real life it would be horrible patching up torn up soldiers, but someones got to do it.

I like playing AT Soldier because this is the most versatile one.

OP forgot John Rambo. I'd be that. If that is not an option. Then AT-guy, as it's almost as good as Rambo... Mainly difference comes from fact that Rambo can rip off turret from tank with bare hands, while AT-guy needs crowbar.

Then again AT-guy probably can take more beer and women.

It would be though decision.

I purposely didn't include Pilots or Crewmen because this is a poll for normal infantry, not someone who flies aircrafts, just the fighting infantry.

Grenadier. Nothing like clearing out houses and bunkers with a well placed grenade :)