Sign in to follow this  
JdB

Invasion 1944 - Wacht am Rhein

Thanks for keeping this thread alive and keeping us updated John. My buds and I are really exited about your next installment.

I am a fan from I44 too, but the arma 1 Release came so late! Dont play it because I wait for the Arma 2 version.

Hows that for respect. you dont play arma 1 version and wait for the next version which isnt out, is there something im missing? I dont see how you can be a fan and not play the previous version, i dont mean to ridicule you man but seriously.

I been a fan of I44 since their mod in OFP and have played every version they came out with, and am to also awaiting the Arma 2 version.

you should check out what they made for Arma 1, check out the screenshots i posted in the thread and see the fine work they have put together for all of us to play:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73347&page=7

scroll down towards the bottem and you will see from there about 3-4 pages of screenshots.

I plan on doing the same when Arm2 version graces us with its presence.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Hey John are you guys going to have adjustable sights for the panzers again like in Arma version 1.1?

Hey John are you guys going to have adjustable sights for the panzers again like in Arma version 1.1?

Yes, for all tanks (as long as it's historically accurate). It's a port, so all features will be included (although some may no longer be necessary because of added features in ArmA2 compared to ArmA1, they may work a little differently because of engine changes, or possibly be removed if they cause problems that can't be fixed without screwing up the rest of the mod).

The posting of features never got off the ground, in hindsight, it was a bad idea to start with, much better to just put them all together into one or several newsposts. Not sure when that will be possible, our coder is pretty much inactive after having moved across the country, and his new house needs shall we say, some modest renovating :p

Edited by JdB

That's some pleasant news! Good to read you're still focusing on those lil' details and eyecandies

BTW; Happy Birthday John! I wish you a happy and flawless completion of the Mod, hehe

[and all the goodies in private life of course]

because by that the mod will become ilegal in germany, and I won't be able to play it (crying out loud) or am I wrong?

Oh gawd. It is not illegal to play as a german in a ww2 scenario in a game in Germany. The only real restriction is the removal of swastikas, as these are banned from public display in Germany.

Also in some videogames I see german versions skipping the "SS" and using the word "elite" instead, however there is no real hard line drawn what is illegal here. So basically you can play as a german all day as long there are no swastikas. Also, no one can stop you from downloading a mod from the net.

Great to hear John.

someone asking if the game or mod is illegal in Germany is old news, thats been asked before i believe in the Arma thread. Either way not like your playing the game in public for all to watch.

BTW; Happy Birthday John! I wish you a happy and flawless completion of the Mod, hehe

[and all the goodies in private life of course]

"Illegal symbols" have been discussed before as Günter Severloh mentioned. Besides, our (almost) no-censoring approach has been the same for years, as explained by a large number of team members in a topic started about this subject on [our own forums]. That explains the reasoning best. I'll also put that link into the opening post of this topic.

Also, no one can stop you from downloading a mod from the net.

Exactly. There is a saying here in my country that goes like this: It is not illegal to break the law, it is illegal to be caught breaking it. ;)

Looking foward for the mod

In fact the british A 34 Comet was also involved in the battle?

It will be Germany vs US only, so the A34 Comet will not be included (no British stuff will be). If you meant to ask whether or not it took part in real life, that discussion would be irrelevant to our mod.

Oh gawd. It is not illegal to play as a german in a ww2 scenario in a game in Germany. The only real restriction is the removal of swastikas, as these are banned from public display in Germany.

Also in some videogames I see german versions skipping the "SS" and using the word "elite" instead, however there is no real hard line drawn what is illegwil here. So basically you can play as a german all day as long there are no swastikas. Also, no one can stop you from downloading a mod from the net.

Nobody will care if a German would download a mod featuring swastikas, our Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution has bigger fish to fry, e.g. spy on Scientology and neo-nazi parties.

So, happy swastika-gaming :yay: .

Issues would only arise if the mod was featured on e.g. printed pc magazines, thus sold open in stores. Some of the latest ww2 shooters (forgot its name) still contained one blurred swastika,so they called back all versions...thats dedicated effort.

Edited by Icewindo

Sometimes I wake up at night... in a cold sweat...

....wondering if Wacht am Rhein will ever COME OUT!!! :eek:

Im really looking forward to this mod. And I will continue to rub myself in preperation for the release. ;)

Sorry for the long delay but I have recovered from

acute tendonitis (extreme Bass guitar),

now the xmas period is over I can show a few wip's

and just what I've been playing about with.

I've been experimenting with a greatcoat for the Germans,

doc rebus is gonna furnish me with some good refs so

dont worry too much about the sucky textures,these guys

will have the gloves and toque,mebbe white helmets

with some paratroop variants as well.

gc1.jpg

Also a little vid so you can see the flow,of course there will be limitations

and clipping,but its already starting to feel cold,grubby and exhausted

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THE VIDEO

http://ukgangsters.com/i44/coat_test_2.wmv

Happy to hear that greatcoat texture wont be final, would be a shame when you compare them to rest of mod quality.

of course there will be limitations and clipping

Indeed I found out that too (after 2 weeks of trying). Luckily it can be made look pretty good, until you kneel that is...

hmmm ok fine at the behest of our dear leader Jojimbo I give you the PzKpfw IV Ausf. G!!

th_Pzkpfw_IV_1.jpg

th_Pzkpfw_IV_2.jpg

th_Pzkpfw_IV_3.jpg

Edited by Vex_man

Nice job mate,Vex is totally remaking the german armour for WaR,all the weapons are brand new as well,I'll get Chuck to post some shots,

Nice job mate,Vex is totally remaking the german armour for WaR,all the weapons are brand new as well,I'll get Chuck to post some shots,

With the notion that the port to ArmA2 of the D-Day project that will be released first will contain mostly the same content as was in the release for ArmA1.