Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Player looking for squad (not for squads to post looking for players!)

So after being offline from arma for a relatively long time I've decided to once again engage with the community.

Im looking for a group of players that specialize in stealth, to put it blank, sniper/spotter.

Im a big fan of snipers, and I love stalking units in the game, I enjoy the boring tasks such as recon, being hidden, engaging only when neccessary, guiding other squads around the battlefield. Some here may recognize some missions and campaign that I made devoted to as close as can get sniper feel (from my viewpoint).

But an AI spotter has his limits - you cant discuss with him targets to engage, when to move, where a good spot may be. This is where COOP between two people makes the most difference.

Now I dont consider myself the best shooter in the game (with ACE), im just a little rusty after too much scripting and editing. If I were to refresh my senses on shooting, I can say I can hit at 900m reliably on the first shot, with medium winds at most. I know how to site the rifle in, range distances using map grid, using the kestrel, and adjusting for wind. But I would also love to learn from other good shooters out there who can help explain in more detail precise dialings, leading targets, and other stuff. I enjoy the spotter role equally as much.

So, if there are any units looking for sniper/spotter teams, Im all ears. I will download any mods needed, have a mic, and have vent and teamspeak installed. I live in Eastern Canada (Ontario), so Im guessing that would be same time as Detroit (too lazy to check time zone right now). Send me a PM

I've been out of the loop of ArmA MP gaming (other than the occasional game with mates) and mostly been modding when RL allows. I'm now looking for a clan/group that's more about mates enjoying the game, that puts gameplay over realism when its necessary but is still serious when it comes to game time. Flying is what I like the most in ArmA, but can do anything as I've been playing since the start of OFP.

I would like some folks to play co-op zombie missions with. Have mic/Steam etc.

My time zone is GMT +8

so i'm pretty diffcult to find a squad ,which have

a appropriate time for me.

I am quite bad at english but i'll try my best to have a good communication with you guys.

I can't endured anymore about a

non- teamwook mutiplayer like Domi and CTI

Thanks.

Hello guys!

Christoffer here, i am 18 years old and live in central sweden. I have been playing ARMA for more then a year but took a break from it due to lack of time and much to do, but now i am considering to come back and start play a little. I'm seeking a squad that maybe not are to serious, that plays mainly for fun and having a good time.

If your squad is interested reply here or send me a PM.

See you out on the battlefield! ;)

Hey guys, im looking for a large COOP based team/squad featuring UK and US forces.

Just got back into mp arma2 after finaly getting a pc that can run the game but have been playing OFP and Armed assault for a long time.

My timezone is GMT so only realy looking for UK teams that play arround 5-12pm ish

plz PM me if you want me :)

Alrite guys, im 19 years old from Scotland,UK.. been playing arma for about a year, just looking for people to play with that arent too serious and like a good laugh! thanksssss :D

Name: Jack 'Crash'

Microphone & teamspeak: yes

Languages: English

Ready to pay for a server?: If needs be.

User codename: Crash

ACE: yes

Roles preferred: None in particular

Time spent with Arma2: Been part of 2 clans for 3 years.

Skill/experience: All aspects, Platoon leading, Section/Squad Leading, Fireteam Leading/2nd In Command. Grunt. Aircraft, Fixed Wing/Rotary, Attack/transport.

Looking for:

- A decent sized squad/clan english speaking whilst using the ACE2 Mod

- Realism is essential.

Additional info:

Like the 99% im awesome at running around with a Javelin and M109 with M9 for urban environments!

Edited by CannonousCrash

Name: John

Microphone & teamspeak: Yes

Ready to pay for a server?: Only in small amounts

Username: Hellfire257

ACE: Yes

Roles preferred: Any

Time spent with Arma2: Since ARMA1

Skill/experience:

- Well rounded skill set ingame, can fill any role no issues;

- Mission making;

- Scripting (SQF mainly, learning FSM);

- Configs and addon making.

Looking for:

- A fun, active group with a sense of humour.

- Realism, but nothing over the top.

- A challenge.

Additional info:

Not interested in groups obsessed with bureaucracy and field manuals.

Also a 1337 pilot and epic sniper...

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

I am looking for a squad which will accept a younger (15 years) into a intresting and dynamic comunity. Whilst I am young, I have been in the cadet force for about 6 months and so understand the very very basics of infantry combat. I would like a squad which would be patient in introducing me to their tactics etc. I want some form of realisum and whilst I dont expect to be an NCO I expect to get something out of the community.

N.B I am fifteen and whilst I accept that this puts most of the 'realistic' squads' of my radar I dont want to be overlooked as I wont start trash talking, attempting to No Scope with a sniper rifle or any other thing you would see in COD or Battlefeild alike

Hi im looking for a squad/clan to join, been playing arma2+oa for a while and want to play more realistic/teamplay.

Name: Nicklas (nick=Lodiz)

Teamspeak/ventrilo: Yes

Time to play: 2-10h/week

Basic mission editing skills.

I understand english very good, talk it to somewhat ^^

Please contact me if interested, i can even provide irc/web/ftp/game etc servers.

email: nicklas.paulsson@gmail.com (also on GTalk) or PM.

Greeting. I recently downloaded Arma II because, more or less, I got tired of many other modern combat games on the market, where everyone is out for nothing more than their kill count, and teamwork and strategy is unheard of.

Name: Mike

User codename: Vagabond, Mustang or Starbreaker

ACE: No idea what it is. Will download if it is a required/useful mod.

Roles preferred: Preferably something medically involved. Will also take combat engineering/EOD or infantry roles.

Time spent with Arma2: Not long. Been playing a bit the past few days for familiarization.

Skill/experience: I've been playing FPS games as long as I can remember. Played Planet side for a number of years (which is relevant for Arma II only because it is also a large scale combined operations themed game) during which time I was often a team leader in an organized environment.

Furthermore, I spent some time in the U.S. Army as an 89D (EOD) technician, attaining the rank of E-3.

Looking for:

-Active community.

-Tactics and realism are a must.

-Rank structure is okay.

-Willing to put up with someone a little new to simulation games.

-Preferably an Army themed group, though I'm not picky.

Additional info:

Name: Jordan

User codename: Comradeursa/bear

ACE:Yes

Roles preferred: Anything bar flying.

Time spent with Arma2: A few weeks

Skill/experience: Been playing FPS games for a good few years, enjoy more realistic shooters and combined ops games.

Looking for:

-A GMT based group

-A group willing to take on a new player

-Fairly active group

-Fairly realistic

-Group with a sense of humour

-Not having to call higher ranked players sir.

Additional info:

Right, hey guys, I'm looking for a realism unit, I'm capable of multiple Roles of operations ranging from squad automatic gunner to a barebones rifleman. However, I am only 14, in spite of this I think I could prove myself as a mature member of any unit. I have played arma 2 since it's release and have rather basic editor skills, the best I can do is a helicopter assault scenario. I'm all up for roleplaying and hope to find a rather structured unit. Contact me at alfiehorn@ymail.com, thanks for reading.

Game Name: Jaime (James in spanish)

Languages:Enlgish, Español

ACE: YES

Time Zone: GMT -4

Roles: I have played different roles in the past, but the majority of the time with the AI. I like to be in the front lines as any role inside a light infantry team but I can also serve as a pilot with A-10/ AH-64/AH-1 and other sort of choppers. I also have a lot of experience controlling AI Team with upto 10 soldiers, and have basic to intermediate knowledge on light infantry formations, strategy and tactics.

Preferred Roles:

Classes: Rifleman, Automatic Rifleman, Medic, AT.

Looking For: I want to be part of an organized team, looking for realism and to learn communication skills, team work, and epic battles. Would prefer role playing but its not necessarily at the moment. Never played a coop-mission , at least not with other people so that would be great to know how the team works etc. Also want to play different types of game modes and scenarios.

Anyone interested send an email to wickedstigma@gmail.com

Name: C

User codename: JayHawk

ACE: Yup

Roles preferred: Crew Chief, ParaRescue Jumper, CSAR, JTAC

Time spent with Arma2: Awhile.

Skill/experience: Multiple years.

Looking for:

-Active community.

-Tactics and realism are a must.

-Rank structure is okay.

- Army or Air Force.

Alright guys,

Just getting back into PC gaming, and bought myself a Laptop and getting Arma X tomorrow.

A little info about me -

I'm 26, living in Japan and the UK. I work in Japan, so I'm there often. I used to be in the British Army as an Observation Post Assistant in the Royal Artillery. Looking for a mature, tactical team to fight with. Been playing the PS3 a lot, but want to get back into PC gaming. I'm pretty good at most Shooters, and obviously with my Army background I can follow tactics and orders fine!

Name: James / Jay

Microphone & teamspeak: Yes with Astro A40 Headset

User name: None yet...

Roles preferred: Any role, but i prefer Sniping and observing the enemy. Calling out targets and air stikes was my job! :cool: (But I'll let you know for sure once I've played a few games! lol)

Experience: No Arma experience, but used to play OFP Cold War online back in the day, A LOT! and more recently been playing OFP DR & Red River on PS3.

Name: Cross

Experience: Played OFP from CWC to OFPR VBS1 - VBS2. Arma1, Arma2.

Looking for:

- British Isles based squad

- Very organised & structured play, humans V AI or Humans

- Not in to rank as i think its gay.

- Teamwork oriented squad with tactics & strategies - clearly defined plans of attack

Other: I'm a rockape "RAF REGT".

Thanks

Cross

Name:Matt

Soldier name: Matt

Language:English

Game: Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead

Timezone:North America

Mic:Yes

Experience: i have been playing for a year, experienced in all roles including piloting, looking for a clan

Roles preferred:Anything, Medic, grenadier, LMG, HMG, Pilot, Sniper (not as experienced with sniping)

am Looking for a tactical friendly squad to join

I thoroughly enjoy any gamemode, and have been playing domination on public servers frequently in operation arrowhead.

I am currently seeking an American squad that is comprised of mature players that enjoy using strategy and tactics.

A little about me, in real life I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years as a field artillery cannon crewmember. I have played other games to include: World War II Online (Battleground Europe), OFP, and many other FPS's on PS3. I enjoy being a grunt or in an LAV the most so far and I am still wanting to learn other positions if trained by mature players.

Look forward to hearing any responses.

Mike

Hey guys i'm Mike (xfire: sheddius), i'm interested in playing Arma 2 online, hopefully CO with Ace as i prefer it's changes, but i am only 16 and i'm having a hard time finding squads that accept guys under 17. I consider myself to be mature, at least mature enough that i gave up on trying to like BF and MW because the games took a complete dump on the things that i've learned about modern military forces and their tactics from documentaries and whatnot and have been obsessed with Arma ever since i downloaded the demo for OA a few weeks back. I am well versed in first person shooters but i'm the greenest of the green when it comes to Arma and i'm hoping that some squad would be cool enough to show me the ropes. I'm willing to play any position although i'm pretty terrible at piloting aircraft of any type. I live on the east coast of the US just so you guys know my timezone. PM me if you guys want a new recruit, thanks.

Name : Glenn

Soldier Name is Sleepdoc or Glenn

Language : English

Time Zone : Mountain Time

Mic : Yes

Expereince : since the original, but been offline for 3 years.

Roles preferred : Just practicing helis again and all the training missions to get refocused.

Have X52 pro and trackIr and use both fairly effectively

Love flying helis for transport or attack. Very patient transport pilot.

Also like slow moving, cautious mission with clearly defined, vocal leadership.

Can be clearly defined, vocal fire team leadership as well.

Time constraints : Need adult squad who understands the "in sometimes, not around others" tiem constraints of a new father and busy husband.

Name: Thomas

Languages: English, Norwegian

Ready to pay for a server?: Yes.

Username: Thappaz (have to double check, as I haven't been logged in on my acc. for 1-2 years)

ACE: Not yet. (not sure what this means..)

Roles preferred: Rifleman, gunner. Willing to learn anything needed.

Time spent with Arma2: About 6 months before BFBC2 came out.

Looking for:

- A clan with a semi-casual schedule. A couple of weekly sessions does not hurt.

- I love realistic game- and teamplay, as long as I don't have to know EVERYTHING in

beforehand.

- Mature members

Additional info:

I have been admin on two BFBC2 servers for a period of about 4 months.

Currently in a BF3 clan, but looking to leave because I want a change of pace and start to play Arma 2.

Used to play airsoft for about 1 year back in 2009.

Have strong experience with Photoshop and video-editing (might be fun for montages etc)

UPDATE 03.02.2012

I'm sorry for not answering all of the requests I've got this far.

I'm actually surprised by all the responses, but it shows that the active Arma 2 community takes recruiting seriously! :)

I have settled with a Norwegian Clan, as I am Norwegian my self.

This way I don't have to worry about different time-zones and difficulties in understanding messages when led starts flying.

Edited by Thappaz

After some careful consideration I've decided to finally get back out into the field again. I've been playing on a very relaxed level the last year and a half or so, only playing around with friends in various sorts of missions. I'm now seeking a more serious challenge and hope there is a squad out there for me.

I'm a 21 year old guy from Denmark named Nick, and seeing as I'm a student I have loads of freetime which I need to spend, though Wednesdays are offdays for me.

I've been playing games for over 13 years now, and I've been playing ArmA for some time now - ArmA2+OA since launch and ArmA since sometime around 2007, I did try some OFP way back but wasn't that into it at that time.

I'm experienced in communicating with others players (in english), an example would be me being one of the leaders of a pretty good guild with good progress (Server wise) in World Of Warcraft. Been using most VOIP apps for ages now.

I'm looking for a squad that can give me a realistic yet casual game experience. I dont want what some might consider roleplay, but instead I want an organized squad (Must talk english!) that uses proper tactics and strategies instead of rushing in with weapons blazing.

I'm a big fan of various mods, including ACE and ACRE, which most squads seems to be using these days.

I do prefer a guild in and around GMT+1, but I'm very flexible.

Hope you find my post interresting and feel free to drop me a PM if you have questions.

Regards.

Name: Robert

Mic: Yes

Experience: Played Arma 2 when it was first released. I haven’t played in a couple of years. I purchased reinforcements today and would like to start playing the game again. I have played a lot of shooters and am tired of the cheaters and run and gunning style of play in COD. My current favorite FPS would be Far Cry 2.

I am a former Marine Reservist (6 years) and a former Deputy Sheriff (12 years).

Role: Open to pretty much anything. Willing to learn

Looking for:

-Tactical game play with teamwork and a plan before the assault

-Organized

-Realism is essential

-Training and Operations once a week

-Weekday game play. My game times on the weekends are very limited. I work 2 12 hours shifts on the weekends, but I am off Monday through Friday.

I have not had a chance to play the tutorials again or play the new expansion reinforcements. Once my weekend is over I will start playing.

Contact me via PM.