Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

[Alpha] RTE for ArmA II

Strange, especially since it is not a NULL exception.

[evil]

Can you try to rename a simple application to arma.exe and run it?

Then activate monitoring and check if the application crashs.

Be aware that a "hello world" is too simple and the application should read files ;)

[/evil]

This looks like a non RTE issue.

At the start they all say "Good evening", so it looks like the "talk-system" is engaged. And therefore they all are looking to you since they're talking to you.

At least this is my idea of the issue.

It doesn't matter if i start on the other side of the map, then go to the market, they still turning around. This is the formation line i am talking about, they all got it in there init automaticly(in editor 2d)after i merged it and loading the template in editor.

this setPos [2450.66, 3290.17, 0.0014343]; this setPos [2450.66, 3290.17, 0.0014343]; this setDir 291.754; 

How do i disable the talk system? lets try that.

Edit: Turned out it is the dostop this; if i remove that in editor after merging and loading the mission they dont turn around anymore :D

Why does it always come back the dostop this; ?

Thanks for all help..:rthumb:

Edited by redrumNL
Found the reason

doStop...

Ok, I should add it only if it is really required :(

For the person with the turning issues apart from doStop add this into there inits.

this DisableAI "Move";

or

this DisableAI "Anim";

Will animations still work if i add those?

I just remove the, dostop this;

Than it works fine.

Big thanks all!

this DisableAI "Anim"; will prevent the AI to switch animations.

"Move" will prevent the movement, but probably not the looking.

Oki i have come a across a very annoying little problem.

Once you place a unit on the map and save them to the mission sqm and test it the units are sometimes floating a little bit off the surface of the ground and this happens with mostly only Objects. I found the problem.

1: In the init of the "Objects" the "This setpos ..." is played twice.

- And sometimes the height is 0. and since the 0. is used twice it lifts the object from the ground. So i have to reedit every unit to make it only use 1 of the setpos lines.. or edit the height of the object in the editor etc etc

fc348be5.jpg

http://rte.jonasscholz.de/bugs/view.php?id=129

That should solve your problem, at least if added.

I'm currently working on RTE Capture, but only in cleaning up the code first. And this takes some time since it is really ugly code :(

Hope to release a cleaned version this year.

[evil]

Can you try to rename a simple application to arma.exe and run it?

Then activate monitoring and check if the application crashs.

Be aware that a "hello world" is too simple and the application should read files ;)

[/evil]

@Killg0re

The above was a feedback request. Without the feedback I have no idea what caused it.

yes, then i can get in RTE editor.

With "use RTE Capture DLL" unchecked, Arma2 starts,and i can get in to the editor, put a unit on the map, preview. Then i get message: NO CONNECTION TO RTE Capture established..... (The program RTE Capture itself say's Status: Inactive.)

When i click activate in RTE Capture, Arma2 crashes.

When i use "use RTE Capture DLL" checked, it will not even start Arma2.

Arma2.rpt contains this:

=====================================================================

== D:\_ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe

== "D:\_ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;beta;@RTEditor -nosplash -window -showScriptErrors -x=1280 -y=800

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2009/12/03 20:21:37

Current time: 2009/12/04 14:59:12

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_ACTION_CONTEXT

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 69F107B5

i0n0s,

This is more or less the story, i updated the story a bit.

* Same result with 1.05 patch

* Starterd programs as admin

* UAC disabled.

* No other mod's loaded

* -winxp parameter

Edited by Killg0re
better overview

hmm i updated to the lastest RTE version and everything seems to run alright for me.

Win XP

Patch 1.05

When you are running 1.05 are you still running the beta shortcut and or mod folder?

Edited by MattXR

hmm i updated to the lastest RTE version and everything seems to run alright for me.

Win XP

Patch 1.05

When you are running 1.05 are you still running the beta shortcut and or mod folder?

No the beta isn't used.. its an error report from before the 1.05 patch

I've Win 7 too, but UAC is active and I have only 4 GB ram.

There are currently two possibilities:

You have something running which disturbs the injection or my code is broken.

To test this out:

1. Rename an application to arma2.exe, run it and "Activate monitoring". The application should now crash too.

2. Maybe try it with a bigger application.

3. Replace the InjectionLibrary with an empty library which does nothing. Then start ArmA 2 with activated DLL.

If it still crashes, then I probably can't help.

If it stops crashing with the empty DLL, I'll send you debug DLLs.

Hi i am having a problem when trying to edit a ACE mision With RTE, the problem is:

faill.th.jpg

There is a console button just in the same position of the RTE button :(. There is another way to start RTE ?

columdrum:

use the keyboard up and down cursor keys you will be able to select

the rte button that way!

BiGs

columdrum:

use the keyboard up and down cursor keys you will be able to select

the rte button that way!

BiGs

Whooa it worked, thanks i didn't know that :D

I've Win 7 too, but UAC is active and I have only 4 GB ram.

There are currently two possibilities:

You have something running which disturbs the injection or my code is broken.

To test this out:

1. Rename an application to arma2.exe, run it and "Activate monitoring". The application should now crash too.

2. Maybe try it with a bigger application.

3. Replace the InjectionLibrary with an empty library which does nothing. Then start ArmA 2 with activated DLL.

If it stops crashing with the empty DLL, I'll send you debug DLLs.

@i0n0s

1 Indeed Program crashes

3 When i create an empty file called "InjectionLibrary.dll"program doesnt crash

Still looking, for the cause..

EDIT: Tried it on other PC aswell, same OS, also not working....

Edited by Killg0re
Additional info

Ok, I'm going to create a 'noisy' dll which will report its status.

Hi guys, I'm in a real bad bind here and it's really starting to get to me--don't know whether to laugh or throw my computer out into the middle of the street and set it on fire.

Ok, me and Mark XIII were discussing my making a FOB (use to love making them in Armed Assault with RTE and Mapfact 3DE) on Razani so I decided to give it a shot for old times sake. I must have spent 6 or more hours after I found a large and flat enough area building a big FOB of sorts. Since I don't see any triple Hesco's (2 on the bottom and one smaller on the top center) so I laid down two rows of the large ArmA2 Hesco's and then took the small 4-block hesco barrier, raised it up and started laying down the top row. After that I ran some wire along the top.

Everything seemed ok, selected everything and saved the project since it was getting late and wanted to resume building and filling the FOB today when I got on. I loaded up Razani, pulled RTE up and when I loaded the project, the top row of smaller Hesco barriers and the wire was all terribly misaligned and messed up?!

To be honest, this happened 2 other previous times (which is why I'm so pissed and depressed after this recent third time :( ). And since Mapfact is not going to do a ArmA2 3DE editor, I can't even test it to see if it is just me or a RTE issue or anything.

I've posted links below to show you some quick screens of what I'm talking about. Hopefully this is something that can be solved, as I really want to do something like this as I like to have some fun with complex designs instead of just throwing down one row of Hesco's, throw a tower in the corner and a tent and call it a base. I tried Armed Assault's triple Hesco barrier wall, but 1) they don't look as nice in comparison to the new ones we have now in ArmA2 and 2) I think then even on ArmA2 missions, I would have to force everyone to use Caa1 and stuff just for some measily Hesco walls.

So I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and/or if there is a way to fix this? I know there were a few spots I had to add an extra barrier and squeeze it in to close the gap, but if I didn't do that, there would be some pretty big gaps between walls and wouldn't look good. Maybe because of that, so RTE pushes them out when loading the project?

Anyways, any help concerning this would be greatly, greatly appreciated both by me and my sanity (what little I have left. ;) )

-John

HiFi FX Team Member

--BEFORE-- (links due to size)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/yochanan/arma2-2010-01-18-22-58-52-41.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/yochanan/arma2-2010-01-18-22-59-00-69.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/yochanan/arma2-2010-01-18-22-59-15-56.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/yochanan/arma2-2010-01-18-22-59-32-87.jpg

--AFTER--

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/yochanan/arma2-2010-01-19-12-09-11-53.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/yochanan/arma2-2010-01-19-12-12-15-46.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/yochanan/arma2-2010-01-19-12-12-37-75.jpg

Select all objects and use the cursor keys to move them slightly. This should move them back to their original position.

Oki i have come a across a very annoying little problem.

Once you place a unit on the map and save them to the mission sqm and test it the units are sometimes floating a little bit off the surface of the ground and this happens with mostly only Objects. I found the problem.

1: In the init of the "Objects" the "This setpos ..." is played twice.

- And sometimes the height is 0. and since the 0. is used twice it lifts the object from the ground. So i have to reedit every unit to make it only use 1 of the setpos lines.. or edit the height of the object in the editor etc etc

fc348be5.jpg

This occurs in VBS2. It is solved because that interface in OME and RTE has a right click menu command called Snap to Surface. Perhaps something similar needs to be implemented in the Arma II RTE.

@betsalel love your work bro, i too enjoy long hours of anoying building...hell building them ingame is like doing it in rl, not that iv even done in it rl combat..my building when as far as bootcamp, and regular training exerises lol, but still... iv done construction and have built the hugh 8foot privicey fence all the way around my house(including a 10foot by 30foot deck)! and iv too had this problem ingame..so thanks for sharing, glad to know its not just me lol!

iv also got a question, them "templates" meaning the ones we can make using RTE, when they are put on the map(after we make them) will the automaticly adjust to the ground levels(i know they are off a bit doe to acual terrian), but will they stick in the ground unevenly...as this has happend to me? but on the mission i did it on, i accidently edited one of the objects on mistake(meant to edit a different one)! so i dont know if it was my error, or if it happens like that normally? sorry if this has been asked aswell, i probly have missed something in a few pages while reading!

p.s. @Betsalel im building a nice fob template for the avgani\afghani and razani maps...execpt the avgani\afgani ones are small(not alot of flat terrian)! look forward to your work, and if you want to help me with mine as its alot to do(3-maps with over 3-differnt sets of fobs..plus i want to release it publicly so others could use our work!), and well in rl it takes a team aswell!

Edited by soldier2390

Select all objects and use the cursor keys to move them slightly. This should move them back to their original position.

Yeah that was one of the first things I did. The first time I manually moved all the misaligned pieces and then re-saved over the project. Hit ESC and reloaded my mission file, then re-launched RTE and loaded up the project, and sure enough...everything is misplaced again. That's why I got so frustrated I deleted everything and tried to rebuild it like 2 more times, all of which had the exact same issue.

The first time I'd do half, save, continue a bit more progress, save, etc (in case if arma or my computer crashed, hehe). So the first time this happened, I thought all the constant saving/overwriting cause it. So that is why I tried to do as much as I could before saving. I'm just glad I didn't also sit there putting down the chainlink/wire fencing around the entire area designated for the base as well. I think then I would have had a blood vessel in my head explode. :p

Times like these I wish someone in the community would have continued developing Maatz work, since he released his Hescos.pbo for people to continue working on since he could no longer, and bring it up to AA2 quality. Not only did he have every size Hesco, but also in both desert and green colors plus some extra goodies. I know he had a triple Hesco wall like I'm trying to do manually, but without the wire running along the top. Ah well.

I just wish I could nip this object shifting in the bud, otherwise I can't see myself being able to start all over again let alone have any fun with it knowing it's only going to get ruined when I resume the project. :(

@soldier2390: Haha, cool man. Glad to see another person who enjoys getting lost in his building projects. It's hard trying to find good shots of FOB's (I guess because of security reasons and all), but I have a folder I have loads of various pics, drawings, diagrams, etc. Heck, even top view diagrams/floorplans of houses, buildings, etc I'll save. I guess my mind just locks onto the overall shapes, etc that give me ideas on how to layout the FOB's and whatnot.

I never used the template feature of RTE yet, but if you can edit individual parts of the template, if something is uneven you can try the pitch/bank feature (I actually stumbled across it by accident, lol). But I'm guessing that it should form to the terrain, but just would end up a bit uneven--which is obvious to expect.

I wish map makers would provide us with more ample flat terrain areas to build upon, since we don't have the ability to call in bulldozers to clear and pave a huge flat area, so making a base in areas that are too lump is a pain in the butt, especially when you see the choppers are nearly on their nose because of steep hills, lol.

Also, I'm a bit busy at the moment with other things, especially until I can solve this unfortunate issue with RTE moving my objects around, but hopefully if given enough time maybe we can sort something out. I'll send a pm at some point and we can discuss things further. :)