Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Why not making one CWR2 Mod that fully fits with Arma2 and drop the stuff that doesnt fit? Of course missions/campaigns should be not "only" ported - they would need to be remastered and finetuned for Arma2. Kinda much more mission-work but imho its worth to play with a new Arma2 and get the old OFP spirit/feeling instead of playing Arma2 with clunky old OFP oddities. For sure CWR2 developers have vanilla OFP installed parallel to Arma2 to see where they can change things or add things. :)

Why not making one CWR2 Mod that fully fits with Arma2 and drop the stuff that doesnt fit?

Because that wouldn't be the same and would be cheap as well. Everything that's included in OFP (and thus in CWR) is used by one of the campaigns or missions. There's nothing to drop. ;)

Of course missions/campaigns should be not "only" ported - they would need to be remastered and finetuned for Arma2. Kinda much more mission-work but imho its worth to play with a new Arma2 and get the old OFP spirit/feeling instead of playing Arma2 with clunky old OFP oddities. For sure CWR2 developers have vanilla OFP installed parallel to Arma2 to see where they can change things or add things. :)

Well our goal is to recreate the orginal OFP for ArmA2 as close as possible. If that means including a fictious russian "AT4" launcher for example, then so be it.

Another goal is to make sure that old third party OFP missions can be used again without or only minor modifications so you don't have to recreate the mission again but only change the one or other changed scripting command.

I just uploaded the first batch of models donated by vilas to our svn.

Some of them regular stuff like russian "AT4" and Carl-Gustav launchers; and of course some AKs. Some of them are bonus content we release as surprise ;)

Maybe we can show the first ingame screens soon. Buldozer previews are boring. :)

Thanks vilas!

This is great news, and I am still holding on to my initial awe. I am not crediting the whole mod to you Wolle, but the fact that Bohemia-foks are taking such an initiative, and that the company see the value in this effort is brilliant.

I have been a bit dissapointed with ARMA II from the get go, and I still don't like the campain that much, and I have alot of other issues with the game... But Bohemia deserves every single penny trown their way, becouse of the way you guys treat the community. You are by far the best developer company out there. You take us seriously, you make an effort out of being apart of the community rather than superviceing it... and you are set to meet our sometimes out of the water demands... Such dedication deserves gratitude and attention.

The community wouldn't be half as good if it hasn't been for the work you guys do to meet our needs. Both on a social and networking level but also in the way you make it possible to make additions and mods.

thank you... I just can't wait for CWR2!

will there be an standalone island pack for arma2

Want to rock Everon,Malden,Kolo and Nogova with the marines too :-)

As said some posts ago, no decision has made yet.

We decide when the islands are finished, which might not be the case within the next couple of months.

Time to unleash the propaganda machinery a bit.

cwr2_ak47.JPG

cwr2_ak74.JPG

cwr2_ak74gl.JPG

cwr2_akm.JPG

cwr2_akmgl.JPG

cwr2_akms.JPG

cwr2_aks74.JPG

cwr2_kozlice.JPG

Kozlice rifle courtesy of gms.

All AK rifles courtesy of vilas.

cwr2_t72.JPG

cwr2_t72_fia.JPG

cwr2_t80.JPG

cwr2_t80_fia.JPG

Bradley courtesy of A.C.E.2

M113/M163, T-55, T-72 and T-80 courtesy of vilas.

Please note that all screenshots are work in progress. All of the above screens were taken in Buldozer, they do not show the final or ingame model.

Big thanks to all contributors! :)

Madness! More units pictures! MOAR!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooon :rolleyes: ;).

Looking fantastic, can't wait for release

AK47, AKM, AK74, T55, T64, T72, T80, M113 old A2 version released, look at my addons, those are the same, but FIA painted, my are solid green or Russian Federation camo

of course CWR2 is much much much more than few tanks :)

Will come all the good old islands back?

Malden, Everon, Nogova and Kologuevy?

Really looking forward to it :yay:

Thx for this awesome work!

Was just wondering if it's really necessary to include brand new models even for those weapons and vehicles that are already in game? I mean, they could have less detailed models, but i think that it would be better if you wouldn't have to download something that you already have just because of different models. And there's the fact that all those that are ingame are already optimized and fully working.

would it be possible to give us an intermediate status? what can be expected, what not? which problems are raised and what is the current challenge? a blog would be very appreciated :-)

and of course, more screens :yay:

There's not much to report right now, we're playing the waiting game as always. :)

In the past weeks we fixed a few smaller problems with the vehicles and weapons we already have. The poor translators working hard to translate the campaigns (or fixing translations). Besides that we're waiting for the delivery of some more models.

The main problem is that we have "lost" the satmasks for Everon and Kolgujev and now must create them again, however we have two talented guys working on them again already and I'm sure they will look as good as before.

Besides that we fight with the usual problems every big Mod has: People coming and going, people having not much time due to real life etc. And then we were never a Mod which makes two announcements per week but we rather spend the time in working on the Mod.

What you can expect at least is the same amount on content and features as in CWR1. However we have a couple of nice ideas for additions and bonus content which either are already in the work or planned.

Yes a blog would be nice - if we would throw out news and updates every couple of days. But that's not the case and it would be very boring blog. :)

We planned a blog however like the Gastovski blog during CWR1 development. Unfortunately the guy who was supposed to write it had only one ability: Talking a lot (hot air). :(

Don't worry, we are still alive and working on the Mod. We won't disappear at all but probably all of the sudden come up with a release one day. ;)

If we have new screenshots we of course show them as soon as they are done.

thanks a lot for this update - perfect! a monthly progress report would be very helpful to bridge the waiting time even if there is nothing to show.

Edited by luemmel73