Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

The Tasmanian Devil has some news for you:

_UR3K0MaXiU

"The resistance movement is growing stronger and stronger as we speak. Our only hope is to fight. You know where to go! "

Damn those towns and villages look like in OFP - lifeless. :D

Just in case someone forgot:

soDj4VuKnTQ

Hi,

I've downloaded CWR2 via Six Updater (@CWR2 + @CWR2_Winter) but every time when I launch the game (ArmA2:CO, of course), I get an error message which says "Addon 'CWR2Editor_Misc' requires addon 'cwr2_buildings'".

I downloaded again and didn't fix it.

Help?

Hi,

I've downloaded CWR2 via Six Updater (@CWR2 + @CWR2_Winter) but every time when I launch the game (ArmA2:CO, of course), I get an error message which says "Addon 'CWR2Editor_Misc' requires addon 'cwr2_buildings'".

Help?

Unfortunately, the winter release is not compatible with the demo release. There is something you can try, though. If you put cwr2 after cwr_winter in your launcher, the incompatibility problem should rest in the winter side, so you should at least have the winter units. To play the with the winter island you may need to run the winter release separately. In our next release, part of our goals include unifying the releases. This problem should be solved at that time.

The problem is, that Winter Kolgujev in its original release is using its own building.pbo.

These winter buildings are now cwr2_buildings.pbo but the terrain has not been updated, causing the problems you have.

In the next patch all terrains using one buildings.pbo which then also makes it easier to use the terrains without cwr2, esp. the huge sounds.pbo then is no longer required for the islands.

We work hard to update all released islands so far, so you can use them all either with the Demo or as standalone asap.

Unfortunately, the winter release is not compatible with the demo release. There is something you can try, though. If you put cwr2 after cwr_winter in your launcher, the incompatibility problem should rest in the winter side, so you should at least have the winter units. To play the with the winter island you may need to run the winter release separately. In our next release, part of our goals include unifying the releases. This problem should be solved at that time.

Many thanks mate. Can't wait for the final release :)

The problem is, that Winter Kolgujev in its original release is using its own building.pbo.

These winter buildings are now cwr2_buildings.pbo but the terrain has not been updated, causing the problems you have.

In the next patch all terrains using one buildings.pbo which then also makes it easier to use the terrains without cwr2, esp. the huge sounds.pbo then is no longer required for the islands.

We work hard to update all released islands so far, so you can use them all either with the Demo or as standalone asap.

Thank gawd, I was hoping the winter release would be usable with default CWR.

Winter Kolgujev seems so cold its lifeless

Hi,

Help?

just check that @cwr2\addons contains

cwr2_editor.pbo and cwr2_buildings.pbo

i can't think of any issues with winter that would cause above and doubt winter is an issue here.

try the demo without winter to be sure.

The Tasmanian Devil has some news for you:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Gänsehaut PUR! :eek:

I wish for this mod soooooooo much... Drooling for months...

Yeah gosh guys, when's this gonna be released!

I really want to pla... oh wait.

/troll :cool:

Is there any chance that the campaign will be co-op, like in ArmA 2? Perhaps not the missions where there is only one character though?

Still can't wait to play this :yay:

Is there any chance that the campaign will be co-op, like in ArmA 2? Perhaps not the missions where there is only one character though?

It's a tempting idea but it falls way outside our current goal which is to restore just the original content of the game.

It is indeed a tempting idea, however, it would require some creative rewriting on our part, since there are at least three missions with only one 'player'.

edit: Actually, there are at least five off of the top of my head.

Edited by Max Power

:yay:

Klick the dancing banana for some awesome behind the scenes material.

Mmm, it looks identical to Victor Troska's workplace. Actually, it IS! :D