Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

any screenshot of how Lipany looks or the infamous Nogova Bridge ? :)

Fantastic pics!! :)

And also nice to see more and more green parts in the current status board in the first post! :)

Keep it up, guys!! Playing this I will be like...

asdfjj.jpg

Well gents, that looks mighty good! Malden always was my favorite.

Nice countryside isn't it? :)

Btw good to see that you left some space for AI to maneuver. Kinda bad if they drive over fences or any other well placed things/objects.

Talking about that, how are damage states done on those OFP objects? Can't have the origami-collapse anymore can we?

Mondkalb, I'm having trouble seeing the details in that picture due to all the awesome.

@para - the good old fucked up collapse-death-space/time-deformation thingy was one of the most hilarious things about OFP. :) I remember being in many a building when it "collapsed" under BMP fire. :D

OH GOD, WHERE ARE THE STAIRS? WHERE ARE THE STAAIIIIIRRRS?!!!

@para - the good old fucked up collapse-death-space/time-deformation thingy was one of the most hilarious things about OFP. :) I remember being in many a building when it "collapsed" under BMP fire. :D

Even at the time it was so bad it was funny. Cars and planes turning into twisted piles of polygons, and buildings creating enormous invisible walls. We'll definitely look into bringing that back! :)

speaking of cannon and it's mechanisms, can we have at least pure metal scratches on it?

just an idea... ;)

i still can't believe how looks have changed from ofp... O.O

speaking of cannon and it's mechanisms, can we have at least pure metal scratches on it?

just an idea... ;)

i still can't believe how looks have changed from ofp... O.O

I regret to inform you that texturing on the cannon is competed. I think texturing in general is fairly well totally complete. There are so many details to fuss about, I think stuff that is under the helicopter is well down the list. Besides, in the photos I've seen (and granted there aren't that many), the cannon seems to be in pretty good shape. I guess the helicopter doesn't often scrape its cannon against things.

Edited by Max Power

Well since you have done research i'll believe you, it was just a common sense of bachelor of physics on wear and tear of moving, preheated mechanisms.

So i have to back off.

@Max,

your creation is stunning, eta till we can fly it? :p

P.S. don't dare to answer the question, since it'll dissobey this community's rules :)

Edited by Gedis

Well since you have done research i'll believe you, it was just a common sense of bachelor of physics on wear and tear of moving, preheated mechanisms.

So i have to back off.

Well, every constructive feedback is welcome. :)

your creation is stunning, eta till we can fly it?

We try to make this happen as fast as possible, but we want to update some more things before we're going to release another update. It's just that stuff we're waiting for hasn't arrived yet.

So i have to back off.

@Max,

your creation is stunning, eta till we can fly it? :p

P.S. don't dare to answer the question, since it'll dissobey this community's rules :)

Thinking about it, it stands to reason that such a deadly and complex mechanism would be subject to a rigorous maintenance schedule.

W0lle can probably answer your question better than I can :p

edit: ninja'd.. sort of.

Edited by Max Power

Just curious, what kind of damage system should we expect in full release? Flashpoint-like hitpoints system where birds go down after beign overfed with lead, or ArmA2 style, where chopers go down after critical component failure, like few large caliber bullets in engine?

Just curious, what kind of damage system should we expect in full release? Flashpoint-like hitpoints system where birds go down after beign overfed with lead, or ArmA2 style, where chopers go down after critical component failure, like few large caliber bullets in engine?

We're using the OA engine so I think it's unavoidable that the damage modelling more or less resembles OA :)

For the cobra, and for most of the models I have seen, all of the hit areas and locations have appropriate placement and armour thickness rvmats.

Edited by Max Power

max power will the cobra be included in the future patch and when the patch will be released any idea thanx

max power will the cobra be included in the future patch and when the patch will be released any idea thanx
We try to make this happen as fast as possible, but we want to update some more things before we're going to release another update. It's just that stuff we're waiting for hasn't arrived yet.

And yes, the cobra will be released in the future.

You guys will be sour when ArmA3 comes out and you'll have to port this over again.

:icon_evil:

Well... for now there is CWR², after that we'll see what comes. We surely don't dump CWR² just because A3 has been released like we did last time. :)