Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

Only real Scotsmen go commando

... in waist-high thistles wearing a kilt and no underwear... :D

B

I just stumble across this mod, it is amazing! Although, I was hoping the full release, is this mod dead? As their website is gone and I dont want to go through 81 pages to search for the answer...

You only have to go one or two pages back to see updates have been posted mate.

I just stumble across this mod, it is amazing! Although, I was hoping the full release, is this mod dead? As their website is gone and I dont want to go through 81 pages to search for the answer...

Even though our website seems not to work anymore, I can assure you we are not dead. Just because we don't post fancy screenshots and a lot of PR crap every 2nd day means not we're gone. ;)

Kenwort made a little ingame video with the Cobra in action:

:coop:

It was an earlier version. I have since updated quite a few things and I have smoothed out the flight model quite a lot. I tried giving it a realistic mass distribution (like what you see in the video), but it didn't fly well. I had even counted the mass of each of the bullets in the ammunition drum, each rocket and their launchers, the pilots, and each hour of fuel, and placed them in the helicopter in realistic positions.

Edited by Max Power

It was an earlier version. I have since updated quite a few things and I have smoothed out the flight model quite a lot. I tried giving it a realistic mass distribution (like what you see in the video), but it didn't fly well. I had even counted the mass of each of the bullets in the ammunition drum, each rocket and their launchers, the pilots, and each hour of fuel, and placed them in the helicopter in realistic positions.

Damn! I never knew the Arma 2 engine supports such high fidelity! I am impressed Max Power, and really looking forward to play your work! Thanks you!

Damn! I never knew the Arma 2 engine supports such high fidelity!

It doesn't, really. It flew like a lawn dart... it would try to kill you in hard turns. When I say 'I counted the weight of ...', what I mean is I made a spread sheet of all of the different disposable stores, the engine, transmission, etc and set up masses in the geoLOD, and balanced those against the MTOW. After testing I needed to double its weight and put ballasts at the extremities to control its instability in the engine.

Work on CWR2 Nogova is now at full power. :cool:

Expect super fancy ultra high quality super uber photoshopped HD pictures every 2nd day or so from now on. :rolleyes:

Can't wait, love all the work from you guys so far! Love to hear the voices, they give the missions so much more polish.

Can't wait to see Nogova in CWR2 quality :)

I am hot for this mod. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up! Arma forever!

That Cobra looks so awesome Max! I hope you're proud of her.

Thanks! To be honest, I've been staring at it for so long, I think I have lost all perspective on it. It's very nice to hear that other people are excited about it. I'm very excited to get it out there!

Work on CWR2 Nogova is now at full power. :cool:

Expect super fancy ultra high quality super uber photoshopped HD pictures every 2nd day or so from now on. :rolleyes:

cant wait to see Nogova :)

I was about to write that it would be a good idea to use Takistani trees on Malden and suddenly this

I was about to write that it would be a good idea to use Takistani trees on Malden and suddenly this

Yeah, they fit just perfectly to the mediterranean terrain Malden is supposed to be.

Good lad Bushlurker did a great job so far. :)