Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Discussion

Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want first aid modules used in the Missions/Campaigns?

• Yes, please add the ability to provide first aid and drag wounded
    • No, please keep it as the original, without the First Aid module and only medics can heal

since my A1 disc is damaged and i cannot instal A1 on new PC i hope to see Everon, Malden, Kolguyev and Nogova :)

i know you want to release whole and finished stuff, but OFP islands (not Elite, some places different) on A2 would be super :)

maybe you can consider releasing OFP islands before whole mod ? :)

old OFP fans from community would love to see it, no matter that DR community forums calls us old-dated, outdated

i wanna visit Everon, Malden, Kolguyev for 100-th time in my life :)

when i can expect to walk, drive across those islands ?

and Arma2 dammage, explosion effect will give it new life, that Arma 1 lacked :)

1.5 GB for person with 1 Mb connection in home... 2 days of download ? :/

I can stand the campaign without voice, just remember to bring the complete campaign(not the OFP:E cut out one) add subtitles then we are good to go.

Oh and of cause, a "back door" would be lovely, if you know what I mean ;)

vilas

Be sure you can set your feet on all the OFP islands one day. I just can't tell you yet when this day will come. As with CWR1 we will not give any release dates we then can't keep. ;)

i know you want to release whole and finished stuff, but OFP islands (not Elite, some places different) on A2 would be super

The Elite islands are identical to the OFP ones, except that Kolgujev has an additional island in the northwest and on Everon the northeast island has a small base added. Everything else is the same (except where we added a building or small object).

Releasing the islands outside CWR² might be an option - if the needed objects are working as supposed then. No promises on that except that we can consider it. But don't expect anything from CWR² in the next couple of weeks or even months. In the meantime OFPIP (not CAA1) would be an option if the islands in that pack wouldn't crash ArmA2.

As for the 1.5 GB download, you can be sure that our 5 islands together are not much smaller in size. ;)

4 IN 1

We're using the xbox campaign where possible (simply because the missions are already more or less converted and just need A2 tweaking), but we're adding the missing missions from OFP without the voices.

As I said a while back, adding the 'backdoor' isn't that easy because in some missions additional soundfiles are used (which were not in the original) so you would have the same problem again.

The best thing would be to use the original campaign without any soundfiles but honestly, that would be totally boring if you see only the subtitles. :)

OMG reading through this thread has made my day.

to all those working on CWR² ... you are my heroes. And wolle I see you mentioned 5 islands in the previous post - so Nogova is included also? My dreams are coming true.

I also never got to play CWR1 for ARMA1... but to be honest one of the big reasons I bought ArmA2 was that I knew one day CWR² would be coming.

but i remember one spec ops demolisher mission in OFP, in CWR there was no this mission, cause there was no this base on Elite island

Joseph Troska

Of course Nogova will be included, together with Everon, Malden, Kolgujev and the boring Desert Island. :)

Vilas

To my knowledge we included all SP/MP missions made by BIS.

Now the million euro question

Is the OFP world (or similar multi island) island going to be included?

I know that the OFPWORLD original island (From OFPIP) was a heel to load and very prone to CTDs, but I loved it.

The big distances meant that suddenly cargo planes were very important. You had to plan your movement between islands and GNATs ships were in that map very needed.

Anyway, I'd like to see all OFP islands in Arma 2 badly, even if the OFP world is not included, so keep up the good work

:clap:

I hope the islands will be seporate to the huge massive download! one thing we need is islands lol :)

No the OFP world is not included as it wasn't made by BIS nor included in OFP.

Besides that, if I ask ofman to make another (giant) satmask for that map he most probably would tell me to bugger off. The poor guy is already busy enough. :D

If the OFPIP project one day works without CTDs you have a good chance to get the map though.

We're using the xbox campaign where possible (simply because the missions are already more or less converted and just need A2 tweaking), but we're adding the missing missions from OFP without the voices.

As I said a while back, adding the 'backdoor' isn't that easy because in some missions additional soundfiles are used (which were not in the original) so you would have the same problem again.

The best thing would be to use the original campaign without any soundfiles but honestly, that would be totally boring if you see only the subtitles. :)

Well, I can stand with that(as long as we can "Do it ourself" that is):D

last time I notice the name change before I replace the files, changed all sounds name;), but those cutscreen and more important events are missing, which is why I really want you guys use the CWC one instead of the OFP:E "half assed"(sorry, but that really is what i think about it, those events and cutscreen added so much into CWC) one, this time if we can just change it in config, just PM us how to do it, they will never knows!:p

Edited by 4 IN 1

I hope everyone signs up for this. Yall did some great work bringing OFP to Arma, I just hope it comes sooner than it did last! Cant wait! :)

I'm not sure if anything's changed since then but in CWR1 I noticed that even the weapons already existing in ArmA had been kind of downgraded. I don't see much reason to remake OFP so faithfully that the weapons and their mags are reverted to the archaic system of old. IMHO it's better for consistency to use A2 weapons (M16A2, AK-74, etc.) when applicable and make the OFP exclusive weapons blend in with their A2 counterparts magazine, model and config wise. That way the OFP and vanilla units and weapons can be used in unison without either sticking out.

I'm not sure if anything's changed since then but in CWR1 I noticed that even the weapons already existing in ArmA had been kind of downgraded. I don't see much reason to remake OFP so faithfully that the weapons and their mags are reverted to the archaic system of old. IMHO it's better for consistency to use A2 weapons (M16A2, AK-74, etc.) when applicable and make the OFP exclusive weapons blend in with their A2 counterparts magazine, model and config wise. That way the OFP and vanilla units and weapons can be used in unison without either sticking out.

but CWR is OFP mod, "OFP back" to make OFP missions compatible, not Cold War mod

Cold War mod is P85, CWR is tribute to OFP to bring back OFP, even with many BIS mistakes from 2001, cause many weapons used by Soviets in OFP in real were used by Czechoslovakia only (RPG 75, Skorpion, BMP Ambulance) Carl Gustav is not guided, etc.

simply CWR is mod about OFP with possibility to use missions from OFP

if you will change classes, missions from OFP would not work anymore

Edited by vilas

Im sure the CWR team will add new shaders to their stuff too, if you look at the ArmA2 weapon textures most look as shiite as in ArmA1 but these new effect shaders make them look pretty awesome, so have no fear there.

What Vilas answer offcourse is right but that doesnt has anything to do with weapon quality.

In other words, im sure they keep the OFP mistakes as Vilas mentioned but with new shader and other effects they will look like ArmA2 stuff, we already tried it with some of our old ArmA1 stuff and it looks great with all the new stuff added.

In other words, im sure they keep the OFP mistakes as Vilas mentioned but with new shader and other effects they will look like ArmA2 stuff, we already tried it with some of our old ArmA1 stuff and it looks great with all the new stuff added.

Well not at all, where possible we use this time proper specs and weapons. Only where the new values are breaking the campaigns we use the 'OFP mistakes' again.

Let's take the M1 Abrams for example: In OFP it had a 120mm cannon to make it equal to the T-80 (which had the same 120mm gun), both values are wrong as the M1 had a 105mm gun in 1985 and the T-80 has a 125mm gun. So in CWR² we give the T-80 its 125mm gun and the M1 keeps his (unrealistic) 120mm one. However we add a second M1 (to the editor) with the real specifications for those who want it more realistic, in the campaign though the OFP one is used.

For weapon values we're going to use the ArmA2 ones this time. This also means that there is no more AK with 3 round burst mode. :D

So (as I told vilas a few months back) we're trying to have a mix of both original OFP and ArmA2 with a bit of super-realism. ;)

Will CWR2 weapons use vanilla Arma 2 mags when applicable?

Well not at all, where possible we use this time proper specs and weapons. Only where the new values are breaking the campaigns we use the 'OFP mistakes' again.

Let's take the M1 Abrams for example: In OFP it had a 120mm cannon to make it equal to the T-80 (which had the same 120mm gun), both values are wrong as the M1 had a 105mm gun in 1985 and the T-80 has a 125mm gun. So in CWR² we give the T-80 its 125mm gun and the M1 keeps his (unrealistic) 120mm one. However we add a second M1 (to the editor) with the real specifications for those who want it more realistic, in the campaign though the OFP one is used.

For weapon values we're going to use the ArmA2 ones this time. This also means that there is no more AK with 3 round burst mode. :D

So (as I told vilas a few months back) we're trying to have a mix of both original OFP and ArmA2 with a bit of super-realism. ;)

Ok intresting, thats news to me but sounds very good, hope it doesnt affect the original missions too much.

Will the units be more OFP like or also new?

By more OFP liek i mean for example Naval Spetsnaz with black bandanas and KLMK oversuits like they looked in OFP just in higher quality or will it stay as it was in CWR1?

Ok intresting, thats news to me but sounds very good, hope it doesnt affect the original missions too much.

no, if magazine definitions will be doubled and weapon use BOTH Arma and OFP magazine , example : magazines=[]{ak74, 30rnd_545x39_ak}; and such like

but i think that future is open for cooperation when it comes to KLMK and other issues like weapons etc....

For KLMK for sure as you use my KLMK textures too in P85, hehe ;)

Nice to see youre now more open to CWR mod mate.