Sign in to follow this  
Nice_Boat

Nice_Boat Tank Damage System

Javelin and A-10 cannon are working outside the system - basically as insta-kill weapons.

The A-10 shouldn't be insta-kill on MBTs. Maybe just make the GAU-8 operate on the old hitpoint system so it takes a lot of rounds to destroy a T-90?

the RPG7vr wont penetrate the m1's armour so it doesnt matter how many you fire - thats the point of this mod

Yes it can. An M1A1 was disabled by some sort of round a while ago and the two possible culprits were the VR or the RPG-22.

Edited by maturin

Is this compatible with ACE if not can somebody make it compatible with ACE?

If I were to use this script with P85, could I just add in the P85 vehicles and their munitions names into the script and it would thus work with them as well?.

If I were to use this script with P85, could I just add in the P85 vehicles and their munitions names into the script and it would thus work with them as well?.

Nevermind, after testing, it seems to make the tanks indestructable, yet the crews still bail out after a few shots. It is impossible to get the p85 tanks to explode under this script though for some reason.

Nevermind, after testing, it seems to make the tanks indestructable, yet the crews still bail out after a few shots. It is impossible to get the p85 tanks to explode under this script though for some reason.

I would assume the P85 vehicles have an armour value that is too high then.

Nope, I currently incorperated the T-55, T62 and M60A3 into the script.

The M60A3 has a hit damage of 530 for HEAT and 480 for APFSDS. The armour of the T-55 is 425. It will not make the T55 exploded, even after all ammunition is expended. It only damaged the tracks and engine.

This seems to matter a great deal to you :)

Adding the P'85 tank armor values will not be enough (In NBtank.sqs after line 56). If you also use P'85 weapons, these need to be added to the section from line 65-130.

Furthermore, it's very likely that the selections of the P'85 tanks are not called 'VEZ', "ZBRAN" etc..., that means: You have to find out the names of the P'85 selection names and add them to the script where appropriate (e.g.: lines 144 and 145, or lines 11 to 20).

Maybe Vilas can tell you the names of the corresponding P'85 sections, or maybe you can get the names from the config.

Cheers,

D.

btw: this is a very nice damage system.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

This seems to matter a great deal to you :)

Adding the P'85 tank armor values will not be enough (In NBtank.sqs after line 56). If you also use P'85 weapons, these need to be added to the section from line 65-130.

Furthermore, it's very likely that the selections of the P'85 tanks are not called 'VEZ', "ZBRAN" etc..., that means: You have to find out the names of the P'85 selection names and add them to the script where appropriate (e.g.: lines 144 and 145, or lines 11 to 20).

Maybe Vilas can tell you the names of the corresponding P'85 sections, or maybe you can get the names from the config.

Cheers,

D.

btw: this is a very nice damage system.

Ok thanks a bunch, when I get home I will give it a try.

I already had the weapons and armour values in, I just don't know about the VEZ sections ect.

Anyway as for it being important to me, It just bugs me when my games are not as close to realistic as I can get them. I'm sick of BF2 style armoured warefare :).

Add too this, I have a sweet spot for vintage armour.

Edited by TristanYockell

hey sounds really good, you think this would be compatible with ace2? i REALLY hope so. If it is you should look at getting it included. Nice work!

Anyway as for it being important to me, It just bugs me when my games are not as close to realistic as I can get them.

This is a perfectly good armour upgrade in its own right but have you given up on consistency with the ACE system?

This is a perfectly good armour upgrade in its own right but have you given up on consistency with the ACE system?

I just don't have the knowledge to merge with ACE 2 system, its quite complex and I don't have the coding skills yet.

This is idealy what I want, but when it will become a reality is anyones guess.

As it stands right now I don't think the p85 vehicle models don't have the right allocated damage sections.

I dare say it is complex (many different ACE modules at play) but you may as well work towards the end goal rather than some compromise IMHO.

I'm no config whizz but the following suggests to me both have the same selections available...

Vilas T-72 (inherited from vil_tank)

class HitHull {
		armor = 1;
		material = 0;
		name = "telo";
		visual = "telo";
		passThrough = 1;
	};

class HitLTrack {
		armor = 0.15;
		material = 0;
		name = "pas_L";
		visual = "pas_L";
		passThrough = 1;
	};

class HitRTrack {
		armor = 0.15;
		material = 0;
		name = "pas_P";
		visual = "pas_P";
		passThrough = 1;
	};

class HitEngine {
		armor = 0.4;
		material = 0;
		name = "motor";
		visual = "motor";
		passThrough = 1;
	};

ACE T-72

class HitEngine {
			armor = 0.800000;
			material = -1;
			name = "motor";
			passThrough = 1;
		};

class HitHull {
			armor = 0.840000;
			material = -1;
			name = "telo";
			passThrough = 0;
		};

class HitLTrack {
			armor = 0.540000;
			material = -1;
			name = "pas_L";
			passThrough = 0;
		};

class HitRTrack {
			armor = 0.540000;
			material = -1;
			name = "pas_P";
			passThrough = 0;
		};

...have you asked Vilas?

...have you asked Vilas?

Yeah I have consulted him a few times, but he has been very busy. I'm waiting to hear back from him on weather or not all of the models are using the same damage sections.

It gets a little more confusing for me once I get into the turret parameters.

I need to learn the basics of the config layouts and how everything is linked together. When I look at the current config files, 75% of the coding I don't know what exactly it does, or how it is links to other coding in order to give vehicles/weapons certain parameters.

I mean, so far I can't even figure out how to change the ammo count to realistic values for the p85 tanks. I know where the values are, and change them, but it has no effect in game.

It's going to take me awhile to figure out what everything does and were all the little tid bits are hiding, that I am currently missing.

I have even toyed around with making seperated P85_tank damage values like you have posted above,

Say for example P85_tank1, P85_tank2 ect. ect. and telling the T55 for example to use P85_tank1 armour values, and the T-62 to use armour values under P85_tank2, but it ends up causing game unstability and doesnt really seem to work properly.

And then one gets into ACE, I don't even know what and where as to how they're systems work. I'v been trying to figure it out, but looking at the configs that are 2 miles long is quite the cluster F if you know what I mean.

Trying to get it so you can cause HULL damage and Turret Damage to show up on the damage indicators in game still evades me as well..... All p85 tanks only seem to take and show damage to the tracks or engine despite apparently having the same "sections" listed.

Edited by TristanYockell

WoW sounds nice, maybe you could work together with the ACE modder and their mod...such more realistic penetration system would be nice to see as a feature with ACE combined.

Is this maybe possible ?

I have the script loaded up with all of the P85 vehicles and their weapon systems. Been doing tests with it on desert maps and I must say it is working quite well. The kinetic energy rounds are noticeably less effective past 1000 meters, its a nice touch of realism.

Its also really nice to actually notice the difference between wasting your rounds on frontal shots and getting the sweet kill shot side on.

It is a vast improvement over the vanilla system.

FYI: ACE2 / ACE1 armor is based on the CAVS. Search the forums for Common Armor Value System and you'll find a thread along with some data sheets explaing how it actually works. But ACE2 won't remain for long with CAVS because of the steadily growing complexity of Arma2's hitpoint system.

If you need any info on that, contact me via PM. I have no idea if the original authors of CAVS are still active in here or answer any related questions.

Well, you should ask him of course,

but as it's rather an addition to his work, or an expansion, I don't see why he should oppose.

Is there any possibility this mod could be re-uploaded, specifically the v2.1 alpha? Download-links seem ot be down. I would love to have this modification.

Hey everyone, sorry I didnt end up posting my P85 version of nice boats armour script, my computer died on me and I lost everything.

Well I'm back at it again, I have about 65% of the P85 vehicles/weapon systems in.

Now I have a question. Does anyone know about how exactly the NBRandomizer values effect the damage delt by a certain type of ammo.

For example I have the 115mm AP ammo for T-62 as follows:

? _ammo isKindOf "p85_AP115mm" : _penetration = 570 + NBRand200; goto "kinetic"

Now My question is, will it by chance tack on 200 penetration points randomly, or will it instead pick a random number between 1 and 200 to add on additionally.

See What I'm looking to do here is find a way to Randomly make this variable range of numbers that can be used to add additional penetration to a shot.

This will help simulate the possibility of getting a lucky strike on a foe that you normally wouldnt take out.

So does anyone know a way to make it so you can give the possibility of adding stopping power through a range of values.

For example I'd like it so I'm shooting at an M1 Abrams frontally, first shot my shell hits with 570 penetration points plus randomly another 57 points added with the randomizer script, it still glaces off.

Take another shot, 570 points plus another 190 points from randomizer script this time, it penetrates, M1this time goes boom.

Understand what I'm getting at?.

Once I have it working acceptably, I'll share it with everyone.

Edited by TristanYockell

I would love to see this developed further as an addon-free solution that can be embedded in missions but it needs to move to SQF first. I'm a pretty gun scripter, if you're prepared to gather the data and do the testing I'd be happy to help.

I would love to see this developed further as an addon-free solution that can be embedded in missions but it needs to move to SQF first. I'm a pretty gun scripter, if you're prepared to gather the data and do the testing I'd be happy to help.

Do you think you could figure out a way to make this variable damage work?.

I want the different ammos to have a set pentration value, but to have a small chance of them having a random added amount of damage added within a certain range of numbers.

For example If you fire 100mm AP at a M1, it has a very low chance of doing critical damage, but its not entirely impossible. Because we cannot really model all these different parts, we have to make do with randomization of damage values to simulate the off chance of scoring a good hit.

Do you think this is possible?, and I do agree that it needs to be converted to Sqf as right now its very laggy and gets bugged alot.

I'd be willing to do all the damage tables and testing. My favorite aspect of arma 2 is vehicle combat.

Edited by TristanYockell