Sign in to follow this  
Nice_Boat

Nice_Boat Tank Damage System

Use version hosted on Armaholic. Is newest.

Also, it seems most tanks explode after the fire shot. Is this normal, or is the addon still highly experimental?

It is not experimental now. Result depends on multiple factors, eg. what is firing on what with what ammo, from which direction... Chances for penetration are based on real RHA values as much, as possible and slightly randomized in certain range. Chances for one shot - one kill also vary dependent on penetrated vehicle type. See included readme for special init variables, that allows you to see detailed logs each hit, so you'll know why there was such effect of the shot, variable to change chance for surviving penetration etc.

Thanks for the explanation, I will continue to use this addon then. Btw where can I find schaefsky's script for A2? I did a search to remedy the AI driver's tendency to expose the rear to the enemy, but only came across the news page that his script was incroporated into i44.

I do not know nothing about that script, but TDS also has integrated some code for that purpose (tanks should tend to expose front toward enemy tank considered as most threatening at the moment). To activate use NT_TES = true; at init, but in the newest version this should be active by default. Works fine for not moving or moving slowly tanks, ignores intentionally tanks moving fast. It isn't 100% reliable, tank in the move still will do stupid things, but it does good job sometimes. TES takes into consideration also driver's skill to emulate reflex/awareness, means delay between new enemy spotting and turning the tank towards it.

Oh, note just in case - TDS should be used only with vanilla CO armored vehicles. New/custom tanks can be added to the script version by direct code editing, but this is a bit advanced.

Edited by Rydygier

Ah yes I was afraid of that. I'm partial to the Leopards so that's a disappointment. Thanks, maybe I'll look into it one day, even though I don't really like the coding aspect ;P

I can prepare special version containing desired vehicle(s) on request, but in such case I need from requestor complete data (I'll implement, but I will not do research). If given model has its counterpart amongst vanilla vehicles (eg. retextured T-72 of same variant, as in vanilla), then enough is classname of that vehicle. If this is something new - like Leo - I need complete armor data - desired kinetic and heat RHA values for front/sides/rear/top/bottom for hull and turret separatelly. Additionally, if vehicle uses kind of weapon/ammo not present in vanilla, I need also penetration values (and kind - kinetic/heat) for each new ammunition of each new weapon system (caliber above 12.5 mm) used by this vehicle, classnames of that weapon and ammo (a round, not magazine). :)

Edited by Rydygier

I don't suppose wikipedia has the answers we're looking for ;P shame that most modders have moved on to A3, or retired entirely (BWMod)

Yeah, still for such knowledge you should ask rather uncle Google, not modder. IMO there are places on internet, where data about RHA/penetration values, at least for older tanks, is given. Problem is, if I remeber correctly times, when I did such researches, this kind of data is often not reliable and may vastly differ for same vehicle depending on source. And, especially for modern vehicles, may be classified, so only guesstimated. I, of course, can implement any values, but this is about realistic (to some extend) simulation, not fantasy fairytale... As for vanilla vehicles I was lazy and relied on research done by someone else, so TDS uses in general same RHA values as ACE mod with exception for vehicles not present in ACE.