Sign in to follow this  
wiper

Language mod for 'locked' language versions

Right... But where is Polish to English version? Yes, I'm polish, but our translation sux (at least IMO). I think not only me want this...

Edited by Max255[PL]

Seems to have problems with most servers using sig check? I don't use it anymore because mods are not allowed in the ESL although i'd love to have the language in english.

Thank you Wiper for this work of yours, Hungarian translation is so much horrible that I'm positive BIS used "Google translate" for it. I didn't understand what the hell some sentences wanted to mean, words were just put behind each other without making any sense. (like Shakira's first songs in English - English speakers didn't understand what does she sing).

A good example in the editor FireTeam Leader was translated to Tűzvédelmi osztag vezető (means Fire Extinghuisher group leader in english :yell: :D)

A good example in the editor FireTeam Leader was translated to Tűzvédelmi osztag vezető (means Fire Extinghuisher group leader in english :yell: :D)

lol yea, reminds me to something like "fire terminator leader", that would also fit nicely when in charge of an AI squad :D

Wow, lightning fast update. I love you Wiper.

The download link for German to English doesn't seem to be working for me, went to Filefront manually and it can not find file??

Anyone else have this issue?

The download link for German to English doesn't seem to be working for me, went to Filefront manually and it can not find file??

Worked fine for me about an hour ago.

Thx for the fix btw! .. seems as if really nobody can stand the rubbish translation(s) this game has gone through.

BIS should keep only english as the official ArmA2 language. If translations are needed, people could just create a language mod (which would be way better quality than any of BIS translations anyways).

If Arrowhead comes with this "You're forced to watch the translation pain" b u l l _ _ i _ again, I'll... I'll just... Well I dunno what I'm going to do, but I will be even more pissed!

double checked but linky seems ok.

mabe a "antivirus/firewall" issue ?

have read (but couldnt find right now) a thread here at one of the BIS boards about the latest symantec/norton "internet security" release for 2010 that seems to lock off FileFront as a "threatening" site. Could it be ?

Big thank you for this. The first German to English patch I've found that works for pretty much all text.

BIS should keep only english as the official ArmA2 language. If translations are needed, people could just create a language mod (which would be way better quality than any of BIS translations anyways).

If Arrowhead comes with this "You're forced to watch the translation pain" b u l l _ _ i _ again, I'll... I'll just... Well I dunno what I'm going to do, but I will be even more pissed!

Agreed. I purchased the game from Germany back in May from Nexway...have to keep updating with this mod, and thank you Wiper for all of this!

double checked but linky seems ok.

mabe a "antivirus/firewall" issue ?

have read (but couldnt find right now) a thread here at one of the BIS boards about the latest symantec/norton "internet security" release for 2010 that seems to lock off FileFront as a "threatening" site. Could it be ?

Working fine today! Weew, :eek: I don't even know German thank goodness it started working for me.

I installedhis fantastic patch to my Hungarian version ArmA 2, but it was not so success. I need english ArmA 2, because I design missions and I need english classnames, but it's already in hungarian.. :(

hun2engerror1.th.jpg

hun2engerror2.th.jpg

hun2engerror3.th.jpg

hun2engerror4.th.jpg

Edited by bardosy

Hi bardosy,

are you sure you installed all correctly?

• extracted Arma2_v1.04_hu2en.7z to your arma folder so that @huen shows up there and Dta and AddOns folder are inside ?
  • added @huen to the -mod option of your desktop shortcut ?

If uncertain you may also check the previous language thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75201

You'll find additional installation hints there as well as some discussions about install issues some people noticed.

If all is set up well the mod should work nicely anyway,

just tell if you still face problems

Nope. I overwrite the original BIS pbos in AddOns and Dta folders with pbos from Arma2_v1.04_hu2en.7z.

I think I found an oversight in the @huen version 1.04.

Please get the 1.03 version in the meanwhile. That version should work, just some minor content was changed in 1.04 I guess.

Need to check if other language mods are also affected.

Will reupload and inform you when done.

bardozy,

one of the pbo's was mis-converted (language.pbo),

appearantly only for the hungarian version.

My mistake I'm sorry.

Please redownload using the link in the first post.

Thanks for pointing that out !