Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Moveable Target Range

Kronz I have read the readme but still not clear to me. I know what to do with a PBO file but not where to put all of these files in ARMAII

Can you spell out please where to put the files.

Thanks mate.

Edited by Scimitar67

Kronz I have read the readme but still not clear to me. I know what to do with a PBO file but not where to put all of these files in ARMAII

Can you spell out please where to put the files.

I don't have the Steam version, but you could try this location:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Missions

very nice scripts!

i tried to make several ranges for the sealz training island. but they're all tied together...

is there any easy way to run multiple ranges on the map at the same time? maybe even turn them on and off as needed?

Edited by Loki
can't speel...lol spell-

is there any easy way to run multiple ranges on the map at the same time? maybe even turn them on and off as needed?

Unfortunately not...

The script uses several global variables, which right now are all shared by every instance of it running; and making all those variables local would be a pretty significant job.

I love this,now I'm a crack shot with the m203.

Hi there

Thanks a million Kronsky ,for making this possible

Hows does ,one acess the excel ?

Hows does ,one acess the excel ?

When you turn ballistics information on (via radio), there is a text field at the bottom of the ballistics dialog (Where it says "Copy data from here"). That field contains everything that's in the listbox above.

So select the whole content of that textbox, copy it into a text file, convert the vertical bars ('|') into line breaks, and import that file into Excel.

It sounds more complicated than it is, but once you've done it a couple of times, it's a pretty straightforward process...

ballistics_merge.gif

Edited by Kronzky

Ok, I can not get this to work. I placed the two folders in my \My Documents\ArmA2 Other Profiles\[profile name]\Missions folder and I can not see the the mission listed. Can someone please post step by step directions on how to get this working?

Edited by inveigle

You have to start it from the editor (not from the Single Player menu).

Ahh... the MP editor, I got it. Great training simulator, thank you.

Hi, i would like to change the target in "targetrange_man" mission into a standing target <like the red/blue target on ur pic> but i must admit im too stupid :eek:

Can some1 plz tell me what and where i have to change?

ok......i havnt ever added any missions or anything to my arma2

i copied both folders into the mission folder

and that was it

how do i access them..and did i do everything correctly?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

nvm....i got it working

anyway i can make the targets stationary??

Kronzky,

Regarding your picture a few posts up...did you label that correctly? If I'm reading the chart right the M4A1 has more stopping power than the M24 at ranges past about 63 meters.

My Moveable Target Range has been converted to ArmA2.

For those who are unfamiliar with the original version, here's a quick feature list:

• Use any objects as targets.
  • Targets can be placed anywhere on the map, and will always align with the player.
  • Targets can be static or move at a user-defined speed & distance.
  • Target distances can be incrementally adjusted during the mission.
  • Target units will assume different stances.
  • Target distances are indicated with walls & flags.
  • Any available weapon can be selected via a dialog.
  • Weapons have unlimited ammo available, with automatic reloading.
  • The distance, impact height and average speed of the projectile is displayed after each shot.
  • Ballistics information can be shown in-game, or copied into a spreadsheet for further analysis.
  • A bullet cam option allows following the path of the projectile.
  • A slow-mo mode is available, to simulate a perfect aiming situation.
  • The landing spot of the fired projectile can be indicated on the map.
  • Fully compatible with any vehicle weapons.

arma2a.jpg

Available here.

This is a terrific intro to the game, but a noobie like me does not know how to use scripts and I have been unable to find an elementary intro. Let me give you an idea of how basic my needs are: when I load targetrange into the editor and try to add additional targets, I would like to have multiple targets doing different things - different distances, movements, speeds, times of appearance,etc, just like the firing range that appears in the armory (but with all the benefits of your virtual target range - variable locations, realign with player, any kind of unit, all weapons, etc). I have tried all sorts of variations - scripts in the player's initialization, scripts in each individual target's initializiation, scripts in both. I can get multiple targets in preview but inevitably only one moves. I need really basic help - what are the scripts that will enable multiple targets to move independently at various distances? I do not understand the "nul=" script - I see how to get multiple targets at the same distance moving in the same way, but how about multiple targets at different distances (and even ones that appear at different times)? I know this is really basic but I am a really basic guy (who hopes to graduate to 2d grade).

Example so you can see what I have tried. In the player's initialization:

nul=[[t1],"run:LIMITED","move:20","defdist:100] execVM "targetrange.sqf";nul=[[t2],"run:"LIMITED","move:20","defdist:150" execVM "targetrange.sqf"

I have tried all kinds of variations on this syntax (variations on the brackets; putting the t2 stuff inside the first parentheses; putting the scripts in the target initializations instead of the player's; putting scripts in both the target and player initializations). Please help.

What a nice script!! But am I really the only one who wants to see this working online? :D My team could REALLY use this in our training map!

i agree !, infact to have some sort of rating system for the online player could be nice for training purposes. basic weapons training for squads/clans

Thanks for this! Extremely useful for shooting practice and experimenting with all the weapons. But I'm confused, how do you open the missions in the editor? I try "load", but there is no mission there to load.

I can still play the missions, as they show up in the single player scenarios list. But to change the targets and the movement speeds you need the editor, right? Or do I have to change the scripts in the files themselves? I have both folders copied to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Missions. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:

Ok, I created a new mission in the editor, just to see where it ended up. It was put in the folder "my documents\arma 2\missions". I moved the missions there, and now I can open them in the editor. So I now I can change the target units, but how do I set the speed of the targets (or make them stationary?). Do I need to change the script files for that, or can it be done in the editor? Are there any changes other than changing units that can be done directly in the editor? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Johan S

Information about the possible parameters are in the header of the targetrange.sqf file (as mentioned in the readme).

Yeah, I saw that. So you need to change the files? I have looked at the target unit in the editor, like I said I can change the type, but I don't see any place to change the speed.

You add that option to the argument list of the script call (which happens in the player's init line). e.g.

nul=[["SoldierEB",0,0,"T72"],"mindist:",200, [b]"speed:5"[/b]] execVM "targetrange.sqf"

Brilliant.

but I can't get the ballistics info to show up. I use the radio to turn it on but no info shows.

Still a great tool though.

SD

You add that option to the argument list of the script call (which happens in the player's init line). e.g.
nul=[["SoldierEB",0,0,"T72"],"mindist:",200, [b]"speed:5"[/b]] execVM "targetrange.sqf"

Oh, the player unit? I thought that unit was just there to be playable, and that all target info was in the target unit. Thank you very much for the help! :thumb:

jason, I just clicked the "2.7.0" under ArmA2 and downloaded the file. The link is fine, you must have another problem.

Edited by Johan S