Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Moveable Target Range

My Moveable Target Range has been converted to ArmA2.

For those who are unfamiliar with the original version, here's a quick feature list:

• Use any objects as targets.
  • Targets can be placed anywhere on the map, and will always align with the player.
  • Targets can be static or move at a user-defined speed & distance.
  • Target distances can be incrementally adjusted during the mission.
  • Target units will assume different stances.
  • Target distances are indicated with walls & flags.
  • Any available weapon can be selected via a dialog.
  • Weapons have unlimited ammo available, with automatic reloading.
  • The distance, impact height and average speed of the projectile is displayed after each shot.
  • Ballistics information can be shown in-game, or copied into a spreadsheet for further analysis.
  • A bullet cam option allows following the path of the projectile.
  • A slow-mo mode is available, to simulate a perfect aiming situation.
  • The landing spot of the fired projectile can be indicated on the map.
  • Fully compatible with any vehicle weapons.

arma2a.jpg

Available here.

Thank you! I was really waiting for this!

tres cool, can tell right now I'm going to have to buy an extra hard drive for all of these addons :D

can tell right now I'm going to have to buy an extra hard drive for all of these addons

Dont worry mate - this is just a small mission. ;)

Thanks Kronzky for ARMA2 version!

Alex

I've practiced and practiced with this mission over and over! Thank you!

I didn't know a T72 was stronger than a T90 in it's rear (with a SMAW)! I also didn't know a T72 was weaker on its side than on its rear! Well, I speak strickly of the AI getting out of the tank(s).

I replaced the target tank with an actual tank in the editor for testing purposes with other launchers and for figuring armor penetration properties and I was wondering if there was anyway we could actually see the tank explode? The global chat message is nice, but the smoke from the launcher & from the rocket impact lasts long enough to the point to where the vehicle has already disappeared & respawned before you knew it even "blew up".

Edited by Victor

I had a problem running the one with .Intro and .Sara got a No Entry bin\configbin/cfgworlds error on each of those. But the other Utes one worked okay.

There was a rpg1.jpeg error also.

I didnt see an option for bullet cam? and slow mo mode...how to do you activate it?

It would be good if there was a Stop/Resume moving of targets. Also putting some popup targets on the far hill would be good. And perhaps an option to swap ends of the runway so you are on top of that hill looking down at the target range. Since shooting down from a hill is alittle harder at long distance than on flat ground.

Otherwise great work!

[...]I was wondering if there was anyway we could actually see the tank explode? The global chat message is nice, but the smoke from the launcher & from the rocket impact lasts long enough to the point to where the vehicle has already disappeared & respawned before you knew it even "blew up".

You could try setting the respawning timeout to a longer period (right now it's 3 seconds), to see the exploded tank. It's line 119 in functions.sqf ("%1 setTriggerTimeout[3,3,3,false]").

I didnt see an option for bullet cam? and slow mo mode...how to do you activate it?

It would be good if there was a Stop/Resume moving of targets. Also putting some popup targets on the far hill would be good. And perhaps an option to swap ends of the runway so you are on top of that hill looking down at the target range. Since shooting down from a hill is alittle harder at long distance than on flat ground.

The options like bulletcam, starting/stopping targets, etc. are available from the radio menu. (There some documentation in the Notebook.)

Targets are positioned in front of the player, so if you point him towards a mountain, or move him to the other side of the runway (either in the editor, or while the mission is running), you will then have the targets at whatever location he's looking at. - That's why it's called the "Moveable Target Range"... ;)

Thanks! I've been looking forward to this.

You could try setting the respawning timeout to a longer period (right now it's 3 seconds), to see the exploded tank. It's line 119 in functions.sqf ("%1 setTriggerTimeout[3,3,3,false]").

Thanks dude - I'll give that a go, keep up the spectacular work!

I had a problem running the one with .Intro and .Sara got a No Entry bin\configbin/cfgworlds error on each of those. But the other Utes one worked okay.

There was a rpg1.jpeg error also.

same here. (edit : in fact, there is nothing in Intro and Sara folders lol)

Otherwise, thanks for improving my shooting skills ;)

Edited by MQ-9 Reaper

in fact, there is nothing in Intro and Sara folders

I'm not sure which Intro and Sara folder you're referring to.

There shouldn't be any in the zip file.

This is all it should contain:

zipfile.gif

Edited by Kronzky

Your website shares targetrange_arma2.zip, not targetrange_arma2-2.zip as in your screenshot.

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

Your website shares targetrange_arma2.zip, not targetrange_arma2-2.zip as in your screenshot.

That is just Firefox's way of temporarily renaming files if you open them directly (without saving them first).

The listing I took the screenshot off comes from the file I opened from my download page (just to verify there's nothing weird in there).

I believe this is what Reaper was referring to. Click the pic to access larger image :)

targetrange.th.jpg

Or this one.

targetrange2.th.jpg

I downloaded the first from www.armaholic.com I believe, the second I downloaded directly from your link.

Edited by Tincup

Seems that WinRar was the problem.

If you open the zip file with *it*, it showed folders that had been deleted.

These were not shown in WinZip, hence the confusion...

Uploaded a new version now, without any deleted remnants.

Thanks great aid

Edited by Scimitar67
Wording corrected

Big thank you for this. These ranges will make you a better shooter! I tried and failed miserbly to convert some of these boot-camp/range type missions over but now I don't need to sweat it.

Thanks again.

This isn't just a mission it is a very useful tool to help refine your skills. Much appreciated thanks!

I've just added one new feature:

If AI units have been defined as a target, they can be made to run at different speeds (instead of sliding around).

Use the "run:<speedmode>" parameter to define which speed it should move at (<speedmode> can be "LIMITED","NORMAL" or "FULL").

While it is possible to mix different targets (static ones and running AI), it doesn't really make much sense, as they do end up moving at different speeds, so I've added a second demo mission "Targetrange_Man" that just contains a moving AI unit.

Load up, and good luck! :)

running.jpg

Kronz, Pardon my ignorance but where do we put the files?

Thanks again.

Edited by Scimitar67

I've tried to put the files in both installation paths but no luck yet. Just doesn't seem to appear where they should. If it helps, i can add that i got the steam version of arma 2.

I've tried to put the files in both installation paths but no luck yet. Just doesn't seem to appear where they should.

What did you do with the README file, though?