Sign in to follow this  
Daniel_Malloy

Arma 2 Weapon Ranging and Correction Tables

nice topic, Daniel , will you have time for some help to P85 ?

i even think that maybe than in future i could fix some BIS optics reticles (changing it) to more real

do you have time ? :)

my scopes are BIS or made by me, but i know they are not real life matching

Thanks everyone for your compliments, I will try to continue making as many of these as are neccessary.

I have created ranging tables for the M107, MK12, DMR, and tested the M40. I have found that the M40 ranging and correction is the same as the M24 (at least, I couldn't tell any difference). Here are the word files for each weapons containing the files. I figured this would be easier than posting a picture until I post my complete guide/tables. I have also included a link to the M24 tables so that those not wanting to wait for me to make them more printer/user friendly can modify these.

NOTE: When the variable scopes are zoomed in, the mil-dots appear to be accurate assuming a 2 meter tall target like with the M24. Another thing to be noted here is that the zero ranges for zoomed and unzoomed are different.

DMR Tables

M107 Tables

MK 12 Tables

M24 Tables

Also, for the printer-friendly tables to come in the compiled guide, what details would you want in them and in what order? I was thinking of making them with Target Height, Correction, and then Range. I was thinking about using only height and correction, but I remembered that you might need to know the ranges and corrections for shooting from an incline. Would you guys also want them to list ranges in 50 or 100 meter increments?

Also from me many thanks to Daniel_Malloy. These tables are very helpful.

I put all the above listed tables in one pdf and provide it on our clans download page so that at least my other clanmates can benefit from them.

vilas,

Sounds interesting, what did you have in mind? Also, what did you mean by P85?

Bon,

Nice to know my tables are valuable. I am sorry though that you had to waste your time in compiling them into one PDF. I had created a guide, but failed to edit my first post on this thread with the URL for people to download. I guess it had gotten lost all the other posts. I have corrected this mistake and have also added it under my sig, so no matter what post someone is looking at, they will always be able to find it.

snakedoctor34

I don't believe that there is anything like that yet. I would recommend downloading Kronzky's Movable Target Range. I guess you could go through the process of estimating range, the person's perpendicular speed, and bullet travel time.

Great guide, Daniel.

Might I ask how you estimated the range while testing? The editor seems to lack a distance measurement tool, I could use the squares on the map but that only works well for horizontal/vertical directions.

Also, is it possible to fire tracer rounds with every weapon ingame? So far I've only managed to shoot off tracers with a machinegun allthough tracer ammunition is enabled under difficulty settings.

cheers

vilas,

Sounds interesting, what did you have in mind? Also, what did you mean by P85?

P85 is Project 85 mod, addons of nearly 200 weapons, 85 units, 100 vehicles ...

addon pack about 8 countries , war that happens in ca. 1985 in Central Europe

link is in my signature

weapons list (to look how many of them) is here:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/a2_p85_class_w.txt

if you need know more, please visit first link in my signature

Edited by vilas