Sign in to follow this  
{SAS}Silentkiller

Some genuine patch 1.03 information

Why do BIS seem to have almost no PR??

No updates on what they are doing.

This is a potentially amazing player v player game but they seem to have worked more on making a single player campaign rather that a good multiplayer experience! Even their own poll shows that very few people play PvP because they been so lack luster with it!!

Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Creative Assembley's book: http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/53425/t/The-Daily-Update.html

Please please please can we have some decent updates on work that is being done & prolems that will be delt with in the future.

CA profited by just saying what they were doing!! It reduced the number of critical forum threads & improved the stature of the game.

Have to agree, it would be nice to have an update.... many developers do it these days so I dont see why BIS couldnt simply post an update once or twice a month!

It's not a lot of work to tell what's happening.

I would also appreciate occasional updates from you, BI.

A biweekly update would be more than enough to satisfy most people. Just a quick round-up of what's currently being worked on, which high priority bugsfixes have already been completed and will be included in the next patch etc.

I would consider myself a very patient person, but the waiting is getting rather frustrating with practically zero information flow. :)

There are some news:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57 or http://www.arma2.com

Guess that BIS is fixing all bugs and performance issues.

Hopefully they like to see that ArmA2 will get the Game of the Year Award. Imho the best way to say goodbye and to show who really got the Operation Flashpoint soul & the balls of milsim gaming. ;)

Apparently BIS didn't even give the people who develop GFX drivers at Nvidia a gold copy of the game to optimise their drivers, and only went & bought a copy a couple of weeks ago!! :O

I personally think they need to fire the PR guy, the links in the above post show that they are more interested in the Flash game rather than the proper game, at least to me.

I am a patient person & stick with a game that I think will develop into a great game, but it's not developing quick enough! are they under staffed there??

Anyway I yhope someone in the PR dept sees this & at least gives a post saying they are working on a patch & possibly a few things they are hoping to improve :)

I would imagine they wouldnt get to involved with informing us of whats going on because once its been announced that they are working on it or trying to figure it out we will have something to hold agianst them should they not be able to do it.

I would however feel more comfortable if they did inform us that they were at least trying to fix issues people are having. I know im having issues and am working very diligently to make the game run steadily.

Im actually planning to do a complete re-format of my PC this weekend in hopes of having Arma 2 run better.

The things we do to get games we like to run better....:(

they should use twitter like most of the developers do nowadays

they used twitter once when the game was being shown at some show in the UK earlier this year. But i remember people complaining it was hard to read the messy structure of twitter.

Its been a bit of Bis trademark imo to be a bit secretive and releasing info when they got some meat on their bones so to say.

But as far as I know they are working on 1.03 patch, one of the devs said so in one of the threads in general :)

Twitter is shitter.

I would have said something like "Twitter is gay" but that's also fine.

they used twitter once when the game was being shown at some show in the UK earlier this year.

That wasn't us, that was someone at 505.

The Twitter thing is a bit excessive, but how hard is it to just have a locked anouncement of the things that have been identified & worked on, & things that you believe you have sorted for the next patch?

Perhaps you are waiting for the optimised drivers?

Information is king & it's all right for us die hard fans but some of are comrades are loosing faith & pretty much throwing the game in the bin :( mainly because there apparently (from the outside) is very little being done to sort problems in the game, mainly the multiplayer side of things.

I would love to know why they spent so much time on the campaign, but didn't have any official co-op missions or PvP maps?

Gah, BIS have always had a no-talky policy regarding patch updates, at least that's the feeling I got, there haven't been many mid-patch news updates, if there were any. And that's because they're usually very busy with the game itself. If you want some updates your best bet is to follow Suma's posts on the tracker.

Placebo could lift his butt from time to time out of his fishing boat in Sweden and goto a tiny hut in CZ. There he could pester face to face the Spanels until he has the answers to our questions.

But fishing is also not bad. :cool:

Fishing or work?... do the math :D

Ironic ;)

So after tracking down a certain Mr. Spanel, I can tell you the current patch log is as follows:

Improved airplane HUD visibility.

Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.

Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

Grenade can destroy a building just by impact

Radio echo elimination

Team switch did not work when player died

More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

The above will be fixed/improved as applicable and are of course subject to change in terms of inclusion in 1.03, nor does this list mean that other fixes won't be included with 1.03

And before you ask, no current ETA besides as soon as possible :)

Improved airplane HUD visibility.

Direct analogue throttle and brake for airplanes now available.

Optimization: Reduced frame stutter near map borders.

Sea surface was not rendered in NE area out of map.

Terrain surface was sometimes using wrong parallax map.

Grenade can destroy a building just by impact

Radio echo elimination

Team switch did not work when player died

More flexible configuration of Flares in the config (brightness, size)

Reduced AI detecting slowly moving enemy vehicles by ear.

Prevent killed units reporting who killed them.

Yay Placebo! :D

I highlighted the (in my opinion) most important fixes. The performance problems near map borders were extremely annoying. Also, the AI no longer giving you away when you kill them is very welcome.

Thx, you can rudder pretty fast, between Sweden and CZ is quite a distance and you had to use rivers and creeks.

But could it be that you lost one entry out of the patch log called:

ALL REASONS FOR "RECEIVING.."BUG ELIMINATED ???? :rolleyes:

Can't, it's laundry day.

Thank you! Hopefully the Cities slow down will also be optimised!

I dont think drivers for video cards will do much as the game is mainly CPU limited... especially in cities!

Yapa

Can't, it's laundry day.

Be flexible! Take your dirty clothes with you and throw it into the sea/lake!

That way all fishes in a circle of 1km will come to the surface with stomach to the sky. Wife will be happy and you got tons of fish!!

Awesome, thanks for sharing! :) Hoping for some of the Graphics issues resolved though, especially the detection of videocards esp Nvidia 186.x series etc :)