afp

Reload on move

It comes way too late and its more like a workaround to be really usefull, but some people may find some fun with it. It removes reloading animation while performing a reload with sound and inability to fire.

ReloadOnMove v1.05

Changes:

- fixed some issues in pistol mode;

- non-ACE version now available too but the key is hardcoded on R - you still can change it with a bit of editing. Read the "readme.txt" file inside archive.

demo movie:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vyq9QxmiU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vyq9QxmiU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLiFwujW9A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLiFwujW9A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Others:

-Heavily inspired by ACE code, cheers guys :)

Edited by afp

yeah it was the dumbest thing i can remember in a mil sim to be paralyzed while reloading:)

however better late than never:)

Yep..thats what I though too....its far more unrealistic to stay stuck in front of enemy than to miss a reloading animation... :)

I was always baffled by this. I was in the army and although it's not the easiest thing to reload while running I could manage it just fine while walking fast.

That said, arma reloading was many times the reason I got killed just because I pressed the button by mistake. What was the idea behind that? Was it the reload animation? Couldn't they animate just the upper part of the body and let the legs do the walking?

They didnt make another set of animation with "reload on move" while crouching / standing, running, strafing etc. like in ArmA 2.

PS I tested it in multiplayer missions last night, its better than I thought, it really helps not being stuck while reloading and youre not focusing on animation. Only issue is that for vehicles you need the original reload key.

Edited by afp

Hi, what will be great will be to be able of reload while moving like in the ArmA2, but as part

of a new patch; port the anims to the ArmA from the ArmA2 and add the coding needed to

make 'em work, that's what will be pimp. Let's C ya

interesting tweak. well done afp!

Thanks guys. Yep, now I'm taking a closer look at what can be "imported" from ArmA 2 since I'm gonna wait a bit more till moving to ArmA 2 completely...

Sounds ... sound interesting :))

hi afp, great to see you modding here!

Hi sdoc, long time no see :)

I have updated the first post, now it also works with non-ACE versions. Read the readme.txt inside about usage and details.

thx afp for non-ace version :)

thx afp for non-ace version :)

I agree. Thanks for putting in the extra effort to accommodate us.

WoW :eek:

This is a good idea. Very Good work afp. ;)

Is it possible a Reloading animation ???

no it's not possible because the reloading animation when you move require a body in two part : legs , and torso in arma 1 we haven't this !

It doesn't seem to reload rocket launchers. (RPG-7 and the like)

can you somehow update the download link , because this one isn't working or is this mod on armaholic so i can download . this mod looks useful

On 8/22/2016 at 2:32 AM, milos55 said:

can you somehow update the download link , because this one isn't working or is this mod on armaholic so i can download . this mod looks useful

Original link is lost, try next one.