Sign in to follow this  
UbiquitousUK

SP Mission: Sweep & Strike

New version rox!!!

Just played through it, everything went perfectly to plan. Had a bit of a "mind block" as I cleared the approaches then skirted around and tried to destroy the T90's before clearing Zelenogorsk and the farm. Obviously this would not work as air support does not get triggered until you clear the town of enemy forces.

Would have been nice to be able to steal a T90 and wreak havoc but as it's an objective to destroy I 'spose that wasn't on the cards. :p

Awesome mission m8, THE best SP mission I have played in Arma 2 to date. More to come hopefully!!!.

I agree. Version 1.2 fixed the issue I had and is a hell of a lot of fun. Thank you very much for this mission! I hope we will see more from you.

I have been trying several times to download the mission but I always get the message that there are "no free download slots available". I'll try it again, because I am really looking forward to this update. But if someone insisted on uploading the mission somewhere else, I would not object...

And your last posting is good news, too!

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

2609480.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Just wanted to show my support....great mission. I also had a problem with the jets not showing up at the warehouse, I'll try 1.2 soon.

Bravo was a bit useless, they came to the town when almost every enemy was dead. The harrier crashed after it completed the objective, but that isn't your fault.

I really enjoyed the mission though. I hope you'll create some more missions like this one. Maybe it could be a bit longer?

Very nice mission!

Thanks.

²

I enjoyed this one very much and I'm gonna play it again ! Thank you UbiquitousUK ;)

Great mission. Had alot of fun. Everything worked fine for me. Going to play it again now :). I look forward to your next one.

I must say that this is a very well designed mission. Had a few intense firefights during my inital assault of the village and watching those air dropped bombs land on target was quite a specticle. The only bug I encountered was that after about 10 minutes of the jet flying around it randomly crashed before I could bomb the last tank.

Also I suggest that you make it possible to decide when bravo attacks since by the time they got into the village I already killed most of the defenders so their presence was pretty useless.

Meanwhile I have played version 1.2 and I'd like to say thank you for this mission and the update. Everything worked well, including the jets and guiding the bombs to their targets. I am glad about the choice of weapons and I used the Mk 12 sniper rifle, this time.

While I am typing this, I am thinking it would be good to carry some satchels which can be used as backup in case the jets fail to deliver the bombs for some reason. I don't remember if satchels are in the ammo box, though.

In the current version you made the "farm" a separate mission goal. I must confess, I completely ignored the farm when I first played the mission. Knowing that the farm was used as a garrison I expected to poke into a beehive with my first shot at the sentry, but then I found the place disappointingly under staffed. But then, the inhabitants of the garrison might have been tasked to defend the village. So, please take this as an opinion, not as a complaint. I really think your mission is very good as it is.

Bravo never showed up but apart from that, brilliant! You obviously know how to create good realistic missions.

Well done!

Thanks so much bud!!! I downloaded about 20+ user made missions awhile back and just got around to playing this mission and I loved it! Its just tons of fun! I was wondering if you where workign on any new missions after enjoying this one so much and so many times playing it over and over. And now today I see that you have posted another new mission! Thanks so much and keep up the good work!

Definatly my favorite user made mission so far bud! I was literally stuck to my screen playing this, hehe.

Please keep the missions coming bud (:

Edited by kozzy420

VERY GOOD thank you for this mission

you are best, make us more :)

ok i will, actually that mission got slightly difficult when we had to get the farm, i had all team members injured and ther was me left! and the enemy was hiding :P

this one loooks great, i play now thanks you

High quality mission mate! Good balance in combat some objectives felt easy whilst some were really quite challenging, clearing Zelenogorsk centre for instance was a tough nut to crack. I also liked how ranges of engagement varied, taking out that roadblock from a distance was great fun, my squad and I tore up that position with fire rather badly - When the reinforcing UAZ (?) arrived we had the few survivors running towards the service station down the road. Good fun.

Looking forward to more missions from you - Thanks for your work!

Great mission, thanks!

I enjoyed making use of the air strikes and some of the vehicles. I also liked the atmosphere of insurgent placement.

Well done on this mission - I enjoyed it a lot.

(even the bit when one of my daft squad members decided to walk in front of me and the laser beam just before the harrier released its LGB :j:)

Can't thank you enough for your missions so far, much appreciated Ubiquitous.

Yeah great mission - just played it and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Particularly liked playing with the laser designator at the end.

Keep up the good work. Gonna try your latest mission next. :)

Hello everyone. This mission looks cool and I'm really looking forward to playing it, but I have no idea how to get it to work. I've downloaded it off Armaholic, and I've extracted the file to Arma 2/missions, but when I go to the Arma 2 single player menu, its not there. Can someone please tell me what area to look in, or if I saved it wrong?

(sorry for typo in the title, but I don't think you can edit the title)