Sign in to follow this  
fromz

ArmA2:OHMOD Preview

Looks like you're paying a decent amount of attention to detail; A2 deserves no less :) Keep it up, and looking forward to updates!

This mod is looking awesome, could be the best one.

I can't wait to get my hands on it:)

Any chance of all weapons/vehicles lists (WIP, confirmed. considered)

Very Nice, I cant wait for this mod! What program is that/do you use to make those models?

Very well done work. And intimidating to see all this hardware in the hands of the world largerst Army =) Will make a great side to play as and verse.

Can someone confirm for me if it's true whether the PLA has been training for some time specifically to defeat an American Army? I heard this somewhere (probably to do with OFP: DR) and was wondering if there was more to read up on this.

The PLA are not an agressor like the US

So why would they be training to attack anyone???:rolleyes:;)

Edited by vasmkd

:) Hehe it's just the best game too...tentions for an all out war between the PLA and US in ARMA 2 have started. Can't wait to get into the action:)

Very well done work. And intimidating to see all this hardware in the hands of the world largerst Army =) Will make a great side to play as and verse.

Can someone confirm for me if it's true whether the PLA has been training for some time specifically to defeat an American Army? I heard this somewhere (probably to do with OFP: DR) and was wondering if there was more to read up on this.

Probably no more than the Americans have been training to deal with China in a conflict.

At any rate fantastic stuff!

I imagine when the new Australia Island is complete for ArmA 2 we will have the perfect middle ground to test all this fantastic stuff. (kind of funny coz Aus is more or less friendly to both). It will certainly be big enough to cope with all the armour and jets.

I think OFP2 is a good game, But just a funny game. Sell for money.

The Codemaster guys don't know what's PLA at all. They just made a BF2 style PLA.

ArmA2 is not only a game, We will try our best to make a Chinese style PLA. Show for spirit.

Dragons are described as monsters in most western countries...

If China is a dragon, I think they are at least five bigest dragons in the earth. and China is the smallest one :)

OK, We should batter no more politics in this thread. Keep this topic is clean.

OH PLA will stand in independent side. Thank you for praise and suggestions!

We are keeping on it~

Hey Fromz,

will you incorporate Flares and Chaff launchers on the Planes in your mod?

And will the Planes be IAWS compatible? (IAWS allows you to change the payload mid-game through UI script).

If you are doing a J-10, please make the J-10B instead. I'm in love with it :)

post5201248094579.jpg

thanks!

Overpast weeks, too busy in livelihood. Just below process:

PLA private soldier in Type 07 digital general camouflage:

th_ohpla_soldiers_en.jpg

Click to zoom 900x1024pix

New digital camouflage for ZSL92(WZ551):

th_ZSL92.jpg

Click to zoom 680x507pix

Awesome work Fromz.

It's nice to know that we ( the BI community ) will be able to counter the BF2 style PLA ^^ with some quality.

Oh crap! Those screens look amazing! :O

Fromze, mate, you should do this stuff for a living--you're great at it. :D

Very nice model... I like it better than standard Arma 2 soldiers (except team Razor which are very nice)...

Wow, only just checked this out and I'm blown away, that's some excellent work you're doing.

I would love to see the Chinese in the game, they're a very interesting Army with a mix of unique modern equipment and stuff they've bought from Russia for years.

Great work as always Fromz. If I am to add my thoughts on it, creating a J-10 seems like a waste. I assume your attempting to create a mod based around the PLA regular forces, not reserves. Well, the J-10 as a whole has been quite the failure, especially with the failure to produce a proper engine; ending with them retrofitting them with Russian engines. In the end they mostly sell those to other countries now. If it is your desire to construct the 600k active military (specifically the 150k specifically well trained and armed) then the SU-30MK2 would be a much more fitting aircraft. The SU-30MK2, while not the most numerous, is by far the most dangerous and advanced F/A in the Chinese Airforce. It is basically a Russian SU-30 with a special mod package made only for China. I realize that it is mostly an air superiority fighter which is of little use in Arma due to map sizes, but for the "elite" divisions of the PLA these would provide CAS as well. Much like the F-15E does now, despite its main role as an air superiority fighter.

The J-10, or other J-series aircraft may be nice because they look significantly different than those already present in arma, but I still find the realism aspect of having an SU-30MK2 to be better.

On that note, have you given any thoughts on creating a Type-99? Are you specifically focusing on those "elite" divisions, or am I off in that assumption?

Great work as always Fromz. If I am to add my thoughts on it, creating a J-10 seems like a waste. I assume your attempting to create a mod based around the PLA regular forces, not reserves. Well, the J-10 as a whole has been quite the failure, especially with the failure to produce a proper engine; ending with them retrofitting them with Russian engines. In the end they mostly sell those to other countries now. If it is your desire to construct the 600k active military (specifically the 150k specifically well trained and armed) then the SU-30MK2 would be a much more fitting aircraft. The SU-30MK2, while not the most numerous, is by far the most dangerous and advanced F/A in the Chinese Airforce. It is basically a Russian SU-30 with a special mod package made only for China. I realize that it is mostly an air superiority fighter which is of little use in Arma due to map sizes, but for the "elite" divisions of the PLA these would provide CAS as well. Much like the F-15E does now, despite its main role as an air superiority fighter.

The J-10, or other J-series aircraft may be nice because they look significantly different than those already present in arma, but I still find the realism aspect of having an SU-30MK2 to be better.

On that note, have you given any thoughts on creating a Type-99? Are you specifically focusing on those "elite" divisions, or am I off in that assumption?

I think the J-10 would be a very fitting fighter for the mod, considering the Chinese Intention to introduce it as a low-key/light frontline fighter, analogue to the US F-16 or Russian MiG-29, complementing the CAS, CAP and SEAD roles in a smaller radius and closer to the ground-units than said high-key/heavy-fighters like the J-11A/B (Su-27SK China-Mod) and Su-30MKK.

After all, the J-10 is a quite capable multirole fighter who can do everything from Presicion Strike to Air Superiorty pretty well, especially because of it's very agile Delta-Canard layout.

As for the engines, well, it's a general Chinese problem - not just for the J-10. The indigenous WS-10A turbofan is still not reliable enough for a single-engine fighter like the J-10, but it's already being used on the Chinese Flankers (J-11). But to say that the J-10 is a failed project because it's still using the russian AL-31FN, is a bit too harsh. The J-10 Vanguard will remain as a obligatory project, to help the Chinese Aviation Industry to learn self-sufficiency and independence. China cannot allow itself to be dependent on russian engines for ever, while they can produce everything else themselves by now...

Pic related; The J-10AS (twin seated trainer) and the J-10A

2009091453b4a394ef5d998b.th.jpg

Edited by Hongjian

You'll probably want to find a sub 100kb shot of the j-10's before the mods get to you.