Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Missing xAudio2 file(s) & sound issues

You seriously await answers within 24 hours on weekend

for problem You fail to even properly describe and with such inproper language?

(like what error message You getting, such important detail is missing)

You seriously await answers within 24 hours on weekend

for problem You fail to even properly describe and with such inproper language?

(like what error message You getting, such important detail is missing)

Finally a response! I will start by explaining my inproper language. It was obviously pointless of me to use ugly words, but after a total of 15 hours of constant work to resolve this pointless problem, given to finish aggression override. It is of course something I will not do again. With this, I apologize, and I regret in retrospect!

Back to my problem, which I here on this thread share with

some others it seems like... I get error message that reads (trying to translate from Norwegian.)

c: \ windows \ system32 \ X3DAudio1_6.dll are either not

designed to runs under Windows, or contains an error. Try reinstall the original

installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for assistance.

I have done all this thread asking for, and i alsow had to format, and reinstall windows 7 because I followed the advice of another forum where I was going to edit into the system32 folder. not very smart, exactly........ to the long-term frustration I stand in the same place. What should I do?

PS: I managed to delete my post, I should of course done this straight away.

Regards,

Alexander

Im using Windows 7 64bit OS

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-pcsupport&tid=7384

This guy here have the same problem it seams. besides he have the demo, and i got the whole version.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

have allsow tryd to install the dxsetup who is on the arma2 cd. still nothing posetive results.

Seams that people who have the same problem as mine is not getting any way with it. but one thing I notice is that most people have this problem from arma2 steam, and not cd that I have : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915714

Edited by Logitrust

Tried to solve the problem every way now. The rest is beyond my competence level. Still no positive results.

Since this X3Daudio1_6.dll

file has relationships with DirectX, I tried to uninstall

DirectX 11, which is still in the system, after I

downloaded and installed the files in the first post in this thread (I found it out by running dxdiag)

The way I removed DirectX11 was as followd:

To uninstall DirectX 11 Do this, open the Registry Editor by

running Regedit from Start> Run. Next, navigate the two

Following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ DirectX. Delete this

DirectX folder, exit the Registry Editor and restart your PC.

When this was done I installed Directx9 and DX10, but did not succeed to open Arma2 with this opperasjonen either. Looks like its not possible to run the Bohemia Interactive's ArmA2 on my computer. Bad, because this is a 6 760 U.S. dollars system...

All answers to my problem will be helpful(maybe). Now

I have to format/install Windows again to get the system to function perfectly, again. Later..... :depressed:

Edited by Logitrust

Wtf r u doing? Direct X shouldn´t and can´t be uninstalled, u just can update;

DirectX 11 comes integrated with Win 7, u r messin up your system urself:eek:

Just download and install DirectX SDK/ February 2010 as stated several times elsewhere and your "error message" will b gone...

Wtf r u doing? Direct X shouldn´t and can´t be uninstalled, u just can update;

DirectX 11 comes integrated with Win 7, u r messin up your system urself:eek:

Just download and install DirectX SDK/ February 2010 as stated several times elsewhere and your "error message" will b gone...

Maybe you shuld come up with something more inovative? The DXSDK_Feb1 has been downloaded and installed. As I write, this solution has NOT removed the error message..

Maybe you shuld come up with something more inovative? The DXSDK_Feb1 has been downloaded and installed. As I write, this solution has NOT removed the error message..

To install it takes two steps:

1st, extract it to anywhere:

2nd, run the DXSETUP.exe

I'm wondering if you did both?

I am experiencing the same "X3D - not a Windows file..." shit. I have also tried all suggestions. Does BIS tech support EVER answer?????????

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I have run the latest Directx updates and this does NOT fix this problem. Something else is going on here.

I am experiencing the same "X3D - not a Windows file..." shit. I have also tried all suggestions. Does BIS tech support EVER answer?????????

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I have run the latest Directx updates and this does NOT fix this problem. Something else is going on here.

They answered me. And here is the copy of the answer after sending them my dxdiag:

Hello,

as you probably guessed, problem is with audio drivers,

please un-install them (use driver cleaner SW),

install them again,

regards

I have now done what he said 4 - 6 times, and still no posetive results.. Seems like this is a going to be a permanent problem. Maybe this lays on the Windows 7 development side. :j:

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

To install it takes two steps:

1st, extract it to anywhere:

2nd, run the DXSETUP.exe

I'm wondering if you did both?

yeep, Master Gunnery Sergeant i did do that :lecture: using a fantastic tool cald winrar and then using the .exe file, sir. WhoHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :-)

Edited by Logitrust

I have an Intel board with embedded "High Definition Audio" on board. I uninstalled the driver in Device Manager, then rebooted. Upon reboot Windows 7 automatically reinstalled the driver, and it still did not work. Idid not, however, use the "driver Cleaner" or whatever it is software - could that be the difference??????????????????

I have an Intel board with embedded "High Definition Audio" on board. I uninstalled the driver in Device Manager, then rebooted. Upon reboot Windows 7 automatically reinstalled the driver, and it still did not work. Idid not, however, use the "driver Cleaner" or whatever it is software - could that be the difference??????????????????

- Okei. Im testing different ways to fix this problem, so right now i have reinstalled windows 7, and the first thing i did after installing the newest Nvidia driver to my GTX295 card, is to install the DXSDK_Feb10. Im now 2min from finishing the install of Arma2 from cd. Now that i have a fresh windows7 without any soundcard drivers installed besides the one who was brought with the install of windows, i will now try to update Arma2 with the 1.05 update. When this is done, i will tell if i succeed! Then maybe this will help you guys who have the same problem. wait for result. out,-

- The guys on Bohemia suport said to me via. e-mail to try driver cleaner SW instead of Device Manager. It did not work for me.

- If this does not work either.... The only way i can think out will solve the problem is to uninstall the DXSDK_Feb10. file, and after that disable the soundcard in device mangaer, and try to install it again. I have then tryed all possible-technical ways try this to work...

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

:war: Mission completed :dancehead:

This fixed the problem!! :

- I reinstalled windows 7, and the first thing i did after installing the newest Nvidia driver to my GTX295 card, was to install the DXSDK_Feb10.

- Install Arma2 from cd.

- Now that i have a fresh windows7 without any soundcard drivers installed besides the one who was brought with the install of windows, i updated ArmA2 with the 1.05 update.

- :shine: Arma works! :yay:

Edited by Logitrust

good :)

so ... let me recheck any idea what was the reason?

e.g. not starting the DXredist with admin rights ?

btw. the NVIDIA driver ... it installs HDMI audio driver ... could be also linked ..

anyway glad You resolved it

good :)

so ... let me recheck any idea what was the reason?

e.g. not starting the DXredist with admin rights ?

btw. the NVIDIA driver ... it installs HDMI audio driver ... could be also linked ..

anyway glad You resolved it

Thx!

No, DXredist was not the problem her. Im running my OS as admin... I can imagine that it might have something with the install of the sound-card(internal SoundMAX) driver before the DXSDK_Feb10 are applied. I do have hdmi cabel to my LED monitor. But The difference between the installs is that i did install the soundMAX soundcard first, the first time from a fresh copy of windows7, and the second, alsow from a fresh copy of Win.7 (ARMA2 WORKING) was that i installed the DXSDK_Feb10 before the sound driver. Im not a computer geek, but after failing maybe 5 - 10 times, this solved my problem.

Hope others how still get the error msg. can try somthing simular, and see if that will fix the prob.

c:\windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6.dll are either not

designed to runs under Windows, or contains an error. Try reinstall the original

installation media or contact your system administrator or software vendor for assistance.

Hehe, easy.. But i took me 19 hours of constant troubleshooting :P Phuuh

Edited by Logitrust

Creative Labs released new X-fi drivers for Windows 7 (32 and 64bit) as of 16.6.2010

so enjoy

Creative Labs released new X-fi drivers for Windows 7 (32 and 64bit) as of 16.6.2010

so enjoy

um no new drivers on their site.... /sigh its not for Titanium Series

Edited by Paccoco

having some lame sound issue since the recent patch my sound will work fine when i join a game and everyone has there weapon that their unit spawned with once they switch there weapon out i cant hear there gunfire nor can i see the effects of their shooting ex no spent casing being ejected and no gun smoke at first i thought it was just a issue with my sound mod so i turned em off and still the same issue open to any ideas here this is a really annoyn problem other players cant hear or see me shooting as well

what's your sound samples number in audio settings ?

its at 32 but that wouldn effect my ability to see the other players weapons firing and ejecting spent casings would it

it should not - any mods?

ace acre cba acex acex_sm but ive tried it without any sound mod and my whole unit uses the same mods as me and they dont have a problem and ive used the same mods in the past and never had this issue

Edited by lsp

Any idea why it's required also for dedicated server?

There is only one function imported (objdump on OA beta 73311):

DLL Name: X3DAudio1_6.dll
vma:  Hint/Ord Member-Name Bound-To
6c7842      0  X3DAudioCalculate

It is needed for the AI, VON, or is just something left there for error?

So here's my problem!

I recently un-installed ARMA off my PC because of problems I had picked up using mods.

Upon re-installing all of my games and add-ons etc (i.e. ARMA, Arrowhead, BAF and PFC) without mods I had no sound!!!!!!!!!

Fancy that!!!!!!!!

Well I decided that it may have been a problem with Direct X so I upgraded that but still no sound.

And after numerous sessions of searching forums on the possible problem I opted to re-install and see what happens.

I got sound back and after checking ARMA and was happy so I proceeded to re-install everything again.

Then NO SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

By now I'm starting to get annoyed!

So I un-installed again!

And re-installed checking after each step of the re-install (i.e. after each patch or add-on; BAF and PFC)

I have found that I lose sound after installing my BAF add-on and can only assume it will do the same for PFC.

So now I am completely hacked off to say the least because I have paid for these add-ons and they don't work.

I'm going to try re-install one more time and download a fresh copy of the files from GamersGate where I bought the add-ons and see what happens.

Can someone please assist and tell me if this would work? Or what else should I do?

All this installing is really starting to get a bit much!

EDIT: so now I have redone the installation and have determined that it is in fact the 1.56 patch that is corrupting the sound capability.

What is the solution?

Regards

Saint

Edited by Saint7

ARMA 2 nor ARMA 2: OA installs aren't doing anything to Your audio drivers

retail and STEAM and online distribution installs only include DirectX redistribuable package to ensure users use up2date DirectX version compatible with game

ARMA 2 nor ARMA 2: OA installs aren't doing anything to Your audio drivers

retail and STEAM and online distribution installs only include DirectX redistribuable package to ensure users use up2date DirectX version compatible with game

Thank you so much for the reply.

I have tried multiple re-installs now and everything works fine until the 1.56 patch.

I'm not sure if there is another build other than the 1.56.76134 build but suspect it may be that or it may be the automatic BAF 1.02 that installs in the 1.56 patch.

Really don't know what else to do now. I have completely un-installed everything now and am going to start from scratch again.

I'm not as annoyed as yesterday but just want a solution now.

So please forgive my venting!

Regards

Saint

EDIT: The problem has been solved! I have determined that for some reason I could not just apply the 1.56 patch to an older version than 1.55.

So I had to install each previous patch individually. Fortunately I still had them from previous downloads.

I cannot tell you the reason but it worked.

I now have sound!

Edited by Saint7

Not 100% sure if this is the right place, but i guess this is a sound issue.

Below is the specs i have and the problem i have. Any help is really appereicated, ive had this problem for almost a month and i still cant find a fix :(

Windows 7 64bit

I5 750

4GB Ram

5770 ATI

1TB HD

Headset - Roccat Kave

Asus Xonar DG Soundcard (http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=FiWODUF4uhiJVJKD)

Driver version 7.12.8.1792

So heres whats happens.

1 Install driver

2 PC restarts

3 Settings are set at 2 channels and headset to begin with. This sounds correct.

4 Settings are then changed to 6 channels and 5.1

5 Driver is then cofigured by windows

6 If i start a game now it sounds fine but is not 5.1

7 Restart PC and start arma

8 The sound is now in 5.1 but is metalic/tinny/weak both in TS and arma.

9 I slit my wrists.

i was having the 'x3dAudio1_6dll was not found' problem, tried the update directx fix and that didn't work, so i simply downloaded the single dll from here (the download link is halfway down the page in the free download box on the right) and it fixed it!!!!! don't know why, it just did. if this stops just one person tearing their hair out, it's worth it!