Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

Couldn't find a legit answer about this. If I buy OA from Sprocket, will it integrate with my Steam version of Arma 2? Please no opinions or guesses.

It integrated fine for me, now I have ArmA2 Combined Operations on my desktop. Will test further when it unlocks in 2 hours 41 minutes. :yay:

what about drm?

Read the thread Jonney.

Unlimited activations on the same PC

5 activations on different hardware for 6 months (then you get new 5 activations)

And of course you can always email support if you have any problems, but I think with 5 for varying hardware over 6 months you'd have to be extremely rich to keep upgrading your PC that much ;)

Next time you ask a question where the answer's so easy to find if you take 5 seconds to stop being lazy you'll get an infraction.

Read the thread Jonney.

Next time you ask a question where the answer's so easy to find if you take 5 seconds to stop being lazy you'll get an infraction.

my bad. Not being lazy. i did post it in the correct thread this time ;) hehe

True, that's a start ;)

im download sprocket version of OA and now its 29.06.2010 but activation not going right.

"Activation process has been terminated

The activation server is unable to complete your request. Please contact the software vendor."

So am I only one about this activation problem? :mad:

Edit: ok I was waiting 00:00 midnight when activate it. Weird let wait 1 more hour...

Edited by Sanew2k

There is still 26minutes to wait before activations are enabled.

Edited by SaOk

It integrated fine for me, now I have ArmA2 Combined Operations on my desktop. Will test further when it unlocks in 2 hours 41 minutes. :yay:

I had a problem with this... When I tried to install from sprocket into the same directory as my steam app which is

E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

I recieved an error..

So I installed to a different location.

E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma2

Notice the space between the arma and 2.

I wont be able to find out if it works untill its unlocked..

I had a problem with this... When I tried to install from sprocket into the same directory as my steam app which is

Uninstall it and reinstall again into your arma2 directory. Everyone faces the error you faced, you just have to run setup.exe again.

Uninstall it and reinstall again into your arma2 directory. Everyone faces the error you faced, you just have to run setup.exe again.

Thanks installing now

Goddamnit, Steam just deleted my ArmA2 installation and now I have to download seven goddamn gigabytes because BIS didn't put the patch on it, AFTER I SET IT TO NOT UPDATE THE GAME. Now I can't play OA, so be careful if you're installing Sprocket OA on a Steam ArmA2.

Goddamnit, Steam just deleted my ArmA2 installation and now I have to download seven goddamn gigabytes because BIS didn't put the patch on it, AFTER I SET IT TO NOT UPDATE THE GAME. Now I can't play OA, so be careful if you're installing Sprocket OA on a Steam ArmA2.

Surprisingly, the update just went live now on Steam so Arma 2 is at 1.07 level there as well.

I can not comment the rest much...

Surprisingly, the update just went live now on Steam so Arma 2 is at 1.07 level there as well.

Thanks for the info Maruk. I just noticed my game started updating and figured it had to be 1.07.

I guess Steam found OA not to it's liking and auto-reset my updating settings when 1.07 went up.....

Oh well, played 15 minutes of Arrowhead now to wait a couple days for Steam's amazing 15 KB/s download speeds so I could play again.

I guess Steam found OA not to it's liking and auto-reset my updating settings when 1.07 went up.....

Oh well, played 15 minutes of Arrowhead now to wait a couple days for Steam's amazing 15 KB/s download speeds so I could play again.

I am not very sure what problem you have but what you can do is to install fresh Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to a different path (not what it offers by default, ie Arma 2 working dir) and play it as stand alone game. Once you have Arma 2 recovered, there are multiple ways how to integrate it again (one simple option is to reinstall Operation Arrowhead one more time).

2 hours of gaming and what shame. All addons are there but missions sucks hard (you even die without reason when played alone).

Only few missions made for game and most are crap. Im waiting already some mods :butbut:

Back to play ArmA 2 with ACE -->

I am not very sure what problem you have but what you can do is to install fresh Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead to a different path (not what it offers by default, ie Arma 2 working dir) and play it as stand alone game. Once you have Arma 2 recovered, there are multiple ways how to integrate it again (one simple option is to reinstall Operation Arrowhead one more time).

Thanks Maruk, I just got a bit angry at Steam for resetting my "Do not update this game automatically..." status I set a 100 times. Yeah, I guess I'll install OA as standalone for a while now :)

On the plus side, the game is beautiful. Much prettier/immersive than ArmA2 and the campaign was exciting and fun. (Only played Good Morning T-Stan with friends, liked the variety in roles.). It also runs much better than ArmA2.

Same thing happen to me with the steam issue... This will be the third time to install OA today!

Tring to install OA but i am getting...

File copy error (CRC does not match)

C:\program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Common\anims.pbo

My Arma 2 is a retail copy...

Edited by Sniper101-2

So I downloaded the sprocket.exe app' and it completed downloading successfully, but I don't know where it placed the OA installation files. When I try to start the sprocket.exe app again it just tells me that the files are already downloaded. Uhm...

So I downloaded the sprocket.exe app' and it completed downloading successfully, but I don't know where it placed the OA installation files. When I try to start the sprocket.exe app again it just tells me that the files are already downloaded. Uhm...

It downloads to a directory called "Sprocket" in your "My Documents" folder.

It downloads to a directory called "Sprocket" in your "My Documents" folder.

I feel like a total newbie now. Thanks for the intel!

sprocketidea site is not loading for me. seems like its overloaded.