Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II & OA available from Sprocket, also BAF and PMC DLCs!

Hi,

Is this the download site that will support BIS directly?

And if it is, I am in Canada and want to pay in Canadian money (credit card). How can it be done since there is no option on the site for canadian money?

I will gladly cancel my order at EB Games to help the developpers.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Hi,

Is this the download site that will support BIS directly?

And if it is, I am in Canada and want to pay in Canadian money (credit card). How can it be done since there is no option on the site for canadian money?

I will gladly cancel my order at EB Games to help the developpers.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

You can buy with your credit card. The banks will do the exchange. Don't worry.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

does the sprocket version have securom?

is the online activation softwrap?

brendon: i'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them. i got arma1 from them in december of 2006 and have had very good service.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1339559&postcount=11

Can I buy only the completely free postcards & map? :icon_cool: :)

Good question. I would like to buy the map also.

I preordered Arma 2 from Game because it said I would get the map. I was expecting a printed copy of the map on good quality paper. But when it arrived without a map I contacted Game and all they sent me was a link to download the map so I could print it out, split into lots of A4 sheets on my crappy printer :(

I don't get it, why are the boxed copies with prints and shipping to stores all over the world way cheaper than digital downloads, I'd love to buy arma 2 off steam, but 48 euro when the boxed copy costs around 39 euros is just stupid, problem is, there are no boxed copies available ANYWHERE.

What i find a bit harsh is the Price... almost 50euros for a digital download where you get nothing in your hands....

I buy it in GB, i pay 28euros... i buy it here in germany and pay currently ~40euros, in czech its also below 30euros.

To encourage people to buy a digital version is fine, but then please with a lower Price and not some "Cards".

That automatically without a needed publisher, much much bigger amount of money goes directly to the Devs with Sproketidea is very good, however the price for the customer is IMHO way to much. I can predict you that you wont get much sales when basically every european person can get it cheaper in any local store....

A appropriate Price-reduction would be highly appreciated by any potential customer.

for info 29 euro in sweden including delivery (actually only for students).. however like mr. g-c said, why pay 50 euro for a digital download... it doesn't make sense that its more expensive to download then produce the package with all prints, send it from the factoroy, to stockholm, and then from stockholm to my home in south part of Sweden.

just think about our planet, why we shipping hundreds of thousands of cd's around the planet when we can download them??

we are because its cheaper for the end consumer.. which is silly.

Hi,

Last questions:

1 - Do I have to redownload to reinstall or I can save the installation files and use them to reinstall?

2 - Can I patch the game using the standard patches (including betas) or is this like steam?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Hi,

Downloading it now from your site...

I guess I'll answer my questions myself soon enough.

Cheers

Edit

Download and install finished.

My first question is already answered.

Thumbs up...

Cheers

Edited by AliMag

It can be patched using standard patches (although there's no presently no need, until 1.03 is out), and as you've already found you can save the files somewhere for later re-installs (burn them to DVD as a backup if you want, etc.).

I bought my copy through Sprocket on the 29th of June, before the free gifts thing was announced so I figured I'd missed out. When I got home today in my mailbox was a nice surprise from the Czech Republic. Looks like it was mailed on the 28th of August.

Very nicely done, the postcards look and feel really authentic. If it wasn't for the Arma II and BIS logos on the back you could probably fool people into thinking it was a real place.

There are no such things as free gifts. You never pay for a gift, so why say 'free gifts when they are already free? :rolleyes:

Can I buy only the completely free postcards & map? :icon_cool: :)
+1 on that, being that i allready have bought 2 copies of this game, i think the wife would have a problem with me buying a 3rd, being that i only have 1 gaming rig to play on... :P
Gotcha, and thanks.

I would like to purchase the map and greeting cards. Do you guys have any plans for this?

Not at present.

Well, then, being that some time have pased, are there now any plans for selling just the map ( and postcards ) ??

So are there any plans to sell these? I would purchase them as well.

Good question. I would like to buy the map also.

I preordered Arma 2 from Game because it said I would get the map. I was expecting a printed copy of the map on good quality paper. But when it arrived without a map I contacted Game and all they sent me was a link to download the map so I could print it out, split into lots of A4 sheets on my crappy printer :(

I'd love to buy a map too if its available.

I bought my copy through Sprocket on the 29th of June, before the free gifts thing was announced so I figured I'd missed out. When I got home today in my mailbox was a nice surprise from the Czech Republic. Looks like it was mailed on the 28th of August.

Very nicely done, the postcards look and feel really authentic. If it wasn't for the Arma II and BIS logos on the back you could probably fool people into thinking it was a real place.

What..? This doesn't make any sense...

What..? This doesn't make any sense...

You know what else doesn't make any sense? The fact you're commenting on a post from September of 2009. :butbut:

You know what else doesn't make any sense? The fact you're commenting on a post from September of 2009. :butbut:

Hehehe lol, forget it, its me who a looney toon... :yay:

I'd love to buy a map too if its available.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you go to the Sprocket page for OA, this has been added:

Pre-order NOW and get printed Map of Takistan for free*

*Map will be sent to you in July 2010.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you go to the Sprocket page for OA, this has been added:

It was also there when i ordered the game in last week... But still nice, hope its a big professionel looking map.

still, i would love to be able to buy a copy of the chernarus map....

have preordered ofcourse) from sprocket a long time ago, and i'll be awaiting the game , AND map ;)

The chernarus map was nice ( know someone that got it ), and i'm sure this one will be ass well

BI - could you possibly allow those of us that came to ArmA2 late to purchase the map of Chernarus? I've pre-ordered OA so I'll get the map of Takistan, but would also like on of Chernarus. Thanks :)

Hi guys!

I added combined operations to my cart, but unfortunately i forgot filling my address informations before the check out, so it's not in the billing informations. Is there any way to correct this, so i can get that free map? :)

Purchased from Sprocket! :dancehead: Roll on release day!

By the way - what time the Sprocket's OA will actually become playable? 0:01 CET on 29 June?

Also - maybe some people experienced with the preload of Arma II: Any problems with bandwidth on the preload? Does Sporcket handle this well, with several GB over 2 days for - I guess - quite a few people?

Hi guys!

I added combined operations to my cart, but unfortunately i forgot filling my address informations before the check out, so it's not in the billing informations. Is there any way to correct this, so i can get that free map? :)

Email them.