Sign in to follow this  
Padooka

Video Memory Setting

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer but if it's been answered before please point me to the info.

What does the Video Memory options LOW-HIGH-VERYHIGH-DEFAULT equal to in terms of actual memory usage. In other words: How much Video Memory is ARMA II going to try to use if this is set to VERY HIGH? 1meg? 775K? Just looking for a break down of the actual numbers each setting corresponds too.

Or is this asking for to much? :)

I agree. Interesting question

I wonder why this option has not been documented yet by Bis.

It seems that "deafult" uses the max available video memory as in your Arma config (localVRAM)

Not sure of this.

Cheers

Very high is roughtly 630MB as far as I can tell.

So since I have a 1GB card I would be right in placing this setting at very high then? Or am I missing something?

I have a problem where I cannot change the video memory setting higher then normal. Some of the other setting are the same, can't get them higher then normal, all of this making it look like crap ingame.

What to do? I have already tried setting Launch options to -winxp and setting the .exe to the same, but no difference.

Specs:

XFX Nvidia 8800 GTX xXx

Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

AMD Phenom II X4 810 Quad Core

8Gb Corsair DDR3 1333MHz

Using the latest Nvidia driver v.186.18

I remember in another thread on another forum that very high is > 1024 MB of VRAM.

So if you have a 1 GB VRAM card, you should either try 'default' or 'high'.

Michael

Damn...

I'm reading the manual

No word on this issue

Why Bis?

Cheers

I'm using Very High with my 512MB 8800GT, what is the downside to this?

Game runs average 30-40 FPS with med/high settings but if I can squeeze out more with proper video setting I will do so.

Thx

no matter what setting i put it on, very high - low etc, when i look at config file, it always puts it back to 2gb lol yet only 1 gb on the card! its very strange issue.

I'm using Very High with my 512MB 8800GT, what is the downside to this?

Game runs average 30-40 FPS with med/high settings but if I can squeeze out more with proper video setting I will do so.

Thx

I have 512 mb gfx card too and if i use very high setting i got terrible texture lag so i have to use normal.

Texture lag as in loading textures while moving? doesn't everyone has this? I have known this since Oblivion/Gothic came up with 1 big open maps to render concept.

Or are you talking about blank polygons which get loaded with textures?

I cant have it lower then Normal, or the only thing I can see is BLACK

Or are you talking about blank polygons which get loaded with textures?

This is what i meant. Textures are white or blank and loads too slowly. Sometimes if i quickly turn every texture is missing. If i use normal gfx memory setting this don't happen.