Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

STEAM troubleshooting

My steam "patch" today has introduced a whole new host of problems with graphics and frame rate [NVIDIA 8800GTS, Dual Core CPU, 4GB RAM, WIN XP]

1) subjective frame rate slow down.. I'll have to test this.

2) graphical tearing and "white frame" outlines of polygon objects, had to reboot game (first time to ever see this!)

3) transition screen "receiving..." screen bugs when in map mode (can see the map red square selector graphic on top of the screen. Not every time.

4) "Sound not found" (or something similar) on initial scenario loads (only on Red Harvest, which was the scenario saved at the time of the auto-patch.) I didn't see that warning when loading the game a third time, and playing the next scenario (Razor Two).

Still havin' fun, though!

Cheers,

Doc

:cool:

--------------

UPDATE on my problems: Found this thread at the Arma 2 Steam forum:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932314

FOR NVIDIA USERS AND PATCH 1.03

ARMA 2 : patch 1.3.0.58627

ARMA 2 PATCH 1.03

-----------------------------------------

Copyright © 2009 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

--------------------

- DirectX 9 March 2009 is required and should be updated during the patching process automatically as needed or you can update your version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/

NOTE:

- It is not recommended to use any savegames created in versions 1.00 or 1.01, if you use a savegame from 1.02 some of the fixes may not apply to that game in progress until the beginning of a new mission.

Also found this thread here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76908

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

You shall try first NVIDIA 190.38 WHQL drivers or later !

NVIDIA videocard owners with newer cards and drivers supporting PhysX when disabling PhysX acceleration:

* this works mainly for 260 and newer GPU serie resulting into performance boost for NVIDIA users in ARMA 2 , yet some 9800/8800 users experiencing smoother gameplay

A. Control Panels > NVIDIA PhysX control panel > Settings > switch to NO PHysx acceleration ! > click on "OK"

B. Right click on desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel > Set Physx configuration > Select "Disabled" > Click on "Apply"

2a.

NVIDIA SLI owners shall try use NVIDIA beta SLI profile ARMA 2 support for 186.18:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nvidi..._patch_uk.html

Anyone who install nVidia's fix should deinstall/remove the EVGA fix before installing nVidia's, if its previously installed!

2b.

NVIDIA SLI owners can gain additional performance by using EVGA SLI enhancer

http://www.evga.com/articles/00463/Default.asp

more info and feedback about EVGA SLI enhancer here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76369

VISTA (64b) users may get way faster/smoother framerate in windowed mode with 186.18 drivers

force VSYNC off in drivers

Edited by docrings
Update to NVIDIA bugs and patch 1.03

Also ppl are saying that the multiplayer lobby has changed but I dont see it I get error when entering a multiplayer lobby and I get the old one. I also get the "no sound found" or something that docrings described. I also got those white squares on markers in every mission one were transparent other were solid. It only showd those squares on objective linked markers. I'am re-downloading ArmA2 now to see if it was a patch problem.

Edited by Garbol87

Also ppl are saying that the multiplayer lobby has changed but I dont see it I get error when entering a multiplayer lobby and I get the old one. I also get the "no sound found" or something that docrings described. I also got those white squares on markers in every mission one were transparent other were solid. It only showd those squares on objective linked markers. I'am re-downloading ArmA2 now to see if it was a patch problem.

it's not just STEAM build (505 games users reported same)

After update took 2 days to compete now im getting an error when ever im trying to start the game it says

ERROR compiling pixel shader PSTreeAToC:0

ever since i updated to 1.03 2 days ago, i dont see any servers listed when i try and play multiplayer. Someone told me its cause theres no server host files patch out yet but thats not true. Some people are playing online now. Is it just steam users? is it a corrupt download of the patch i had? I validated the game thorugh steam and all files checked out ok. Its been 2 days now so there should be some servers showing up under multiplayer but still none! Please tell me what the problem could be otherwise im going to deinstall and reinstall the game all over again.

ever since i updated to 1.03 2 days ago, i dont see any servers listed when i try and play multiplayer. Someone told me its cause theres no server host files patch out yet but thats not true. Some people are playing online now. Is it just steam users? is it a corrupt download of the patch i had? I validated the game thorugh steam and all files checked out ok. Its been 2 days now so there should be some servers showing up under multiplayer but still none! Please tell me what the problem could be otherwise im going to deinstall and reinstall the game all over again.

Well, my server hosting company has had nothing but trouble with the patch. Seems that the automated system can't handle the big file size? Anyway that's what they are saying. But they finally got it patched. But I can't test it cause the game is basically unplayable for me. But if I look at the server logs, the server crashes and auto-starts. People are playing on it, but it just goes bonkers. I don't know what to do. I'm paying for a server and paid for a game that was workable, and now I got squat.

When I double click the arma 2 icon in Steam to start the game (patched to latest) the 'now launching' small steam window appears and flickers non-stop.

Anyone else have this problem? I'd bloody hate to reload it, seeing as it's a quarter of my monthly bandwidth.

Edited by DarkMellie

i use german version.1.0057..i download patch 1..and 1,2 a,d 1.3...whenever i use tha patch..i see this massege...'cant find arma2 or u have to unistall or install is crupted' somthing like this..and icant use patches...somone help me..thanks

i use german version.1.0057..i download patch 1..and 1,2 a,d 1.3...whenever i use tha patch..i see this massege...'cant find arma2 or u have to unistall or install is crupted' somthing like this..and icant use patches...somone help me..thanks

This thread is for those who have the game via Steam. If you have the german version you may want to start your own thread, you might not get as many people to notice your problem in this thread since it's intended for those who purchased the game under that particular service.

Also to ask the stupid questions...is your version a legit copy? By that I mean you didn't just pirate the game did you? Are you using a no cd hack or anything like that? Did you for some reason rename the EXE file itself to which it cannot find the game?

I don't buy the "Don't Blame us, It's Steams Fault for 4.3 gigabyte patch download".

Bohemia Interactive has known that this is how Steam works since the days of ArmA 1. This is why we didn't have auto-updating for the Steam Version of ArmA 1... and Bohemia went ahead anyways with Auto-Updating ArmA 2 via Steam.

When you drive by the "Bridge is Out" sign for mile after mile, you don't blame the highway department for not having the bridge fixed after ending up in the river.

Weaksauce Bohemia. Your ArmA 2 community on Steam is not happy about the prospects of multi gigabyte patches to fix their beloved game.

Started Arma2 today (STEAM Version) and noticed that it had been updated to v1.03 (v1.02 before). Was going to continue doing the missions, but it just CTD's with an error that i cannot load the savegame files(!?):

Cannot load "C:\Documents and Settings\ProfileName\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\DiMoose\Saved\ca\missions\campaign"

Tried to rename a couple of the savegames as well as removing some of them, but can't get it to start. I've seen some posts about this earlier, but for me it stopped working with v1.03!

Any thoughts?

New Steam Update:

ArmA 2 Update Released

August 14, 2009, 5:55 pm - Valve - Product Update

Updates to ArmA 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

ArmA 2

- Fixed an objective impossible to complete in the campaign mission Badlands

Files that has been changed:

..\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\AddOns\
- missions.pbo
- missions.pbo.bi.bisign

Cheers:)

Edited by MJK-Ranger

Just another note: Dedicated server is now on STEAM in TOOLS section of CLIENT (see first post) ...

HELP PLZZZZ

ok i downloaded my game from direct2drive how do i get it to update

So I downloaded ARMA 2 off of Steam, but when I attempt to start the game I get the error:

Bad serial number given in setup.

I've tried deleting the game and then redownloading it, verifing the cache files (before and after redownload), and I also followed the link given about this problem near the beginning of the thread.

Unfortunately, nothing has worked, and I still get this same error every time I try to start the game. I made a thread on the Steam forum, but I've yet to receive a reply after 24 hours.

Help is appreciated.

HELP PLZZZZ

ok i downloaded my game from direct2drive how do i get it to update

D2D isn't Steam, wrong thread. You should be able to patch manually. Just d/l the 1.02 and 1.03 patches and install them in order.

So I downloaded ARMA 2 off of Steam, but when I attempt to start the game I get the error:

Bad serial number given in setup.

I've tried deleting the game and then redownloading it, verifing the cache files (before and after redownload), and I also followed the link given about this problem near the beginning of the thread.

Unfortunately, nothing has worked, and I still get this same error every time I try to start the game. I made a thread on the Steam forum, but I've yet to receive a reply after 24 hours.

Help is appreciated.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1331411&postcount=10

D2D isn't Steam, wrong thread. You should be able to patch manually. Just d/l the 1.02 and 1.03 patches and install them in order.

correction, and sorry if this was mentioned already. I think you're supposed to get your patches from D2D itself. I never used the service so I don't actually know.

This thread is for those who have the game via Steam. If you have the german version you may want to start your own thread, you might not get as many people to notice your problem in this thread since it's intended for those who purchased the game under that particular service.

Also to ask the stupid questions...is your version a legit copy? By that I mean you didn't just pirate the game did you? Are you using a no cd hack or anything like that? Did you for some reason rename the EXE file itself to which it cannot find the game?

no rename..i have arma.exe file..but path cant find that...pirat?usa troops pirat or me?

My steam version is patched to 1.03 but it is not playing any sounds at all. I have checked all settings and nothing. I cannot get it to make a peep, but everything else like windows sounds still work fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amd Phenom II X4 945 Processor 3.00 ghz

4GB ram 1600 mhz

System type:32

Nvidia Gtx 295

i dont understand this game ppl i got nice pc but my fps is low

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

what can i do I WANT MY MONEY BACK FFS its not working even in gods computer

working fine with mine. What OS are you running? If it's Vista, the majority of the users here have mentioned that moving back to XP, or to Windows 7 will yeild better results. Also I'd suggestion posting in some of the threads regarding Nvidia cards as I recall many having issues running the game smoothely on a gtx295.

My steam version is patched to 1.03 but it is not playing any sounds at all. I have checked all settings and nothing. I cannot get it to make a peep, but everything else like windows sounds still work fine.

checked this thread ? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77880

Can I get the beta patch with steam? Anybody know or tried it yet with steam?

they install like mods, so yes they do work. However you have to manually d/l and install them, they are not available through Steam themselves.