Sign in to follow this  
Dubliner

How do you activate the UAV?????

I've made it to the camp talk to the Intel guys and am at the UAV terminal...

How do you activate/take control of it?? I've been up and down the manual and can see nothing on it of worth and have tried every key on the board and nothing.

Answers on a postcard please

open the map when viewing through uav. then click on parts of the map to move it.

Action menu > UAV

Then follow instructions on right side of screen.

Click on map as above to select point you want it to circle.

P

No still can't get it - When I walk up to the UAV terminal my action menu only has me changing weapons and there is no choice of UAV at all.

This is driving me f**kin crazy

Have you tried the terminal at “starforce†base? or is that the one you are using?

Try getting closer, dunno, should work. Too bad its pretty useless, i REALLY hope they make the UAV more stable, cant see crap, also, do people use it in MP (at least coop) ? would be awesome

Edited by nocturna

No still can't get it - When I walk up to the UAV terminal my action menu only has me changing weapons and there is no choice of UAV at all.

This is driving me f**kin crazy

I had that a couple of times near the start of Manhatten when I got back from listening to the Intelligence guys.

Most likely it's crashed. If you don't hear or see it flying about you can be pretty sure it's that, in which case restart and cross your fingers.

P

I have the same exact problem. I walk up to the UAV terminal but there is no option to interact with it. The UAV is up though, I see it fly overhead periodically.

To be clear, the UAV terminal is that trailer with the antennae behind the officer you first speak to, yes? That's what it says when I bring up the command reticule, but alas no interactions are available.

For some reason, the prompt for the UAV seems to appear when you are near to the guy standing next to the UAV, not when you are near the UAV itself...

By the way, what's the UAV for?

UAV is for scouting the the map out for bad guys and installations as bases etc. You can see if people are in a village or not, or in a base. You are up in the air with a zoomable camera. Birds view of the country.

Its air recon dude. :)

Your suppose to you the terminal at star what’s it 21 base not the place where you talk to the officers, least that is what I found.

I had the exact same problem. First the base is wrongly named (it is called Starforce, not Reforger), ie it is the base where you start the mission.

Then I couldn't activate the UAV until I pointed my crosshairs at THE SOLDIER standing next to the UAV control trailer.

Then I just recently learned that you can change waypoints by opening the map view when controlling the UAV. You can also change the flying height of the UAV with PgUp/PgDown

I've managed to use the UAV in Op Manhattan to destroy tanks and BMP's at the main insurgent base with hellfire missiles. It was pretty awesome until it suddenly crashed or was shot down or something....

Can you use the UAV in Coop mode? There is a map where they are stationed at the airbase, but i don't know how to use it.

Can somebody tell me?

This damn UAV doesnt work for me ... only one time i managed to launch it via terminal...after patch 1.2 it's doesnt work ..

I have never used the terminal, I use action on the soldier next to it. On the lopotovovoevo mission it's the antenna box in starforce 21 base and the single soldier standing there.

On Manhattan, it's the box behind the first intel guy and the soldier is an engineer and usually talking to someone. Same business, just action menu on him and UAV.