492 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

Can't find a decent DL mirror... waiting for tomorrow :)

torrent rulz ...

I saw a co-op game in the server list. Haven't tried it.

OK thanks.

Can anyone else confirm what multi options are in the demo? Specially co-op?

Overview of the demo content:

*snipped out the singleplayer stuff*

Multiplayer:

------------

It's possible to play a multiplayer battle or customize some of the available mission templates.

To start the template-based multiplayer, select “<>†and select from the list of available templates. Note that templates are customizable, and you may prepare many variations of existing setups.

Death Valley - Multiplayer version of the scenario. Up to 16 players may take part in this battle. In "Create game",

Multiplayer Mission Template: Deathmatch - Free-for-all fight for up to 16 players.

Multiplayer Mission Template: Team Deathmatch - Two teams fight in a small area. Up to 16 players may play in this scenario.

Multiplayer Mission Template: Seize The Area - Cooperative scenario for up to 6 players, whose task is to eliminate all hostile units in a designated area.

Mission editor:

---------------

Limited version of Mission Editor is present in the demo. Note that it's not possible to either save or load a custom mission in the demo.

Well the 8800 GTS 512 was released after the GTX it uses a improved core (G92) and it performs on par with the GTX and even better under certain games, its also more efficient in shader intensive games.
But I dont think that difference is so big....anyway, I will try to download demo and compare it to my 1.02 patched full game. :mad:

After reading all thos things about great Arma2 optimization and performance etc I must admit that Im surprised after playing demo.

My rig is:

C2D 2.3 GHz

3 GB RAM

GF260

I tried to play on that settings:

res - 1680/1050

fillrate 100%

all settings on medium

Averange FPS ~25

Max FPS 35

When I use binocs or zoom it goes down to ~15 FPS

I wount make any judgements yet. Ill try to tweak it tomorow.

Edited by Kirq

Very fun game! I have one other problem though..it seems the aiming lags a little with my mouse. Is there any way to change that, or is that the way the game is built?

Just played the demo for two hours and I basically like it. It's like OFP! The athmosphere, the style, the graphics...

Honestly, is it normal that I have to play it on mostly everything off or low with an Athlon64 6000+, Nvidia 8800GT and 2GB RAM under Win XP SP2? And I still have texture loading issues. I already got the newest Nvidia driver, but that didn't change much.

So my feed back to the demo is: So-so. The athmosphere is nice, but the performance not so.

A very extencive demo. With this people can really get a good understanding of what arma2 has to offer, the logical step is to buy the game if you like it.

I have as good performance as in arma, so Im happy! Then again I did some changes to my comp (xp to win7 64..). I guess I can tweak some performance out of my hardware.

Overall very pleased! Using the benchmark now for tweaking visuals vs performance.

Thank you BIS!

edit----

c2d6600 @3.3GHz

4x1 gig memory 1:1

3ware raid 0 using 2 7200 disks

p5b deluxe

8800GTS 640

X-fi extrememusic

settings:

viewdist: 3000

quality: very high

res: 1600x1200

3d res: 1600x1200

texture: very high

video memory: very high

AF: normal

AA: disabled

terrain: normal

object: normal

shadows: high

icon: very small

aspect: 4:3

Benchmark FPS: ~25 (41 with all on low and 1600x1200). Arma2 demo is demanding for my computer but this settings makes it really goodlooking and it is still playable without doubt.

Edited by andersson

Everything Set on Very High

Anti Aliasing is Set on High

Distance is 2KM

Shadows is Normal/Disabled

Objects Detail Normal

Resoultion: 1280x1024x32

Average FPS: 30 :)

Need to see whats the max FPS i can get and lowest..

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

The demo is good, almost has me convinced to buy the game. I haven't played the entire demo, will do the rest tomorrow.

First impressions:

Friendly AI seems to rush into combat, which gets them killed quite often. First time I played Trial by Fire (?) they were all wiped out before we even got to the final target.

All the post processing makes it extremely hard to spot enemies. I find myself going into Third Person + Zooming to scan for enemies. IMO too much blur on distant objects. heck, probably too much blur on everything.

Standard setting for head bobbing was pretty extreme. I never had any problems with nausea while playing games, but ARMA2 was damn near. I halved it and it was perfect.

Other than that it was great fun. A bit hard to get used to controlling helicopters again, and the cars are very easy to over and under steer.

It's also a very generous demo, has a lot of content!

edit: oh, performance was great. I was expecting a laggy mess, but it actually runs pretty nice at 1680x1050 Med/High on my rig:

A64 X2 6000+ @ 3,3GHz

6GB RAM

HD4850 512MB

I have a very close system to yours but 4GB of ram and can run it on high/very high no sweat.

Whats your operating system?

In a word - Awful.

Just THE buggiest thing I have ever dloaded on to my pc. I so wanted to like/play this but couldnt even complete the obstacle course and firing range for bugs - it basically refused to carry on with the exercise, firing range - when it did it didnt register clear hits (target went down but score didnt go up). It worked ok at one pint for about 1 minute then bugged up again and bluescreened.:(

Have been drooling over MP videos on youtube for a few days now, please tell me the demo bears no relation to the main game quality, please....

In a word - Awful.

Just THE buggiest thing I have ever dloaded on to my pc. I so wanted to like/play this but couldnt even complete the obstacle course and firing range for bugs - it basically refused to carry on with the exercise, firing range - when it did it didnt register clear hits (target went down but score didnt go up). It worked ok at one pint for about 1 minute then bugged up again and bluescreened.:(

Sounds like your system doesnt meet the requirements.

Sounds like your system doesnt meet the requirements.

sounds like you have no idea what you are actually talking about...

Running smoothly as butter... =]

A few shots including configuration and benchmark also...

th_ArmA2Demo2009-06-2519-21-17-61.jpg th_ArmA2Demo2009-06-2519-21-54-45.jpg

th_ArmA2Demo2009-06-2519-22-36-01.jpg th_ArmA2Demo2009-06-2519-24-56-68.jpg

th_ArmA2Demo2009-06-2519-25-15-08.jpg

[]'s

In a word - Awful.

Have been drooling over MP videos on youtube for a few days now, please tell me the demo bears no relation to the main game quality, please....

Your computer, in a word, is awful.

sounds like you have no idea what you are actually talking about...

Sounds like its that time of the month.

Calm down a little.

Well my system meets all requierments, i have a quad core II 4X 920 processor, 4 gigs of ram, a 4870 1gig PCE card and a 4890 1gig PCE card in crossfire, TA790GX MOBO and theres tons of mouse lag and other things that annouy me, i hope it's just the demo.

Your computer, in a word, is awful.

why would you post that without knowing what my rig is? It meets minimum reqs as spelt out on the readme. Just because u dont like my opinion doesnt give you carte blanche to trash me.

What I experienced were bugs, plain and simple, not system lag so I think you should shut up.

I know I am new to the forums, but I have been following them for the past week or so, and until now, have had no need to really join.

I installed the demo today, anxiously looking foward to it. Everything went off without a hitch. Except for when i went to play it. The message concercning DirectX popped up. Upon finding the solution in the forums, I went to install the new DirectX from the link Placebo and many others provided. Downloaded, I went to install DX, only it wont install; it will cease installing and a message comes up saying

"An Internal System Error Occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in you Windows folder to determine the problem."

I have been following the demo threads since this morning, and have not seen anyone else mention this, or any solutions.

I have downloaded from two different sites, Filefront and Tech Powerup, along with Steam and soon Filefront.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

System specs:

Gateway FX Gaming Laptop (Not the new model)

Intel Centrino Duo @ 1.66GHZ (3.32 total)

3 Gigs DDR3 RAM

NVidia 8800GTS 512 Megabytes

Windows Vista Home Premium

I know I am new to the forums, but I have been following them for the past week or so, and until now, have had no need to really join.

I installed the demo today, anxiously looking foward to it. Everything went off without a hitch. Except for when i went to play it. The message concercning DirectX popped up. Upon finding the solution in the forums, I went to install the new DirectX from the link Placebo and many others provided. Downloaded, I went to install DX, only it wont install; it will cease installing and a message comes up saying

"An Internal System Error Occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in you Windows folder to determine the problem."

I have been following the demo threads since this morning, and have not seen anyone else mention this, or any solutions.

I have downloaded from two different sites, Filefront and Tech Powerup, along with Steam and soon Filefront.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

System specs:

Gateway FX Gaming Laptop (Not the new model)

Intel Centrino Duo @ 1.66GHZ (3.32 total)

3 Gigs DDR3 RAM

NVidia 8800GTS 512 Megabytes

Windows Vista Home Premium

I had the exact same issue you had. Just go to microsoft and search for "DirectX End-User Runtimes (March 2009)"

Extract all the files in a new carpet, execute the exe file, and that is.

I had the exact same issue you had. Just go to microsoft and search for "DirectX End-User Runtimes (March 2009)"

Extract all the files in a new carpet, execute the exe file, and that is.

Thank you thank you! Going to try it now.

How can I tune down the god damn blur?

I dont know but its pissing me of too.

I installed the demo a few hours ago already, I've been testing it a little. So far its a good demo.

As long as you have a very powerful PC and know how to play Arma.

I have a powerful pc and still, I must set it to "normal" to have good performance (35 fps average).

Plus, controls are very hard to use as a beginner.

I'll give it more time.