Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Windows 7 Will it work with ArmA, ArmA2 and OFP to OFP2?

I had the same problem with the menu being black, no graphics, couldnt load any missions..... I found the prob was that all the addon files (pbo's) had not been unpacked, and so i did it all manually, took a few hours! And it worked after that. Except ofcourse i got errors, and invalid cd-key sht when trying to play online after patching.

Yes thankyou atari you made a real f mess of the digital download. Iceholes!

i have a problem with Arma 1 on win 7.

When i startup the game the screen is loading and then the game crashes.

Can you guys help me .

I have patch 1.18 installed

This is almost the same problem I am currently having atm. I just switched to win7 pro, and want to play ArmA again (played it fine on my old XP install), patched my Gold install to 1.14 and it crashes no matter what I do. I tried patching to 1.15beta and also msconfig trick to limit sys memory to 3GB and still no luck.

I am running AMD Athlon 6000+ AM2, HD4850, on Win7 pro. Drivers are current to my knowledge.

HELP!

Edit:

Issue is ArmA freaking out over too many sound options. Disable all other sound devices before you play and no problems! Thanks to GossamerS on thiis fix!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91133&page=2&highlight=windows

Edited by Wassenar
found fix

i got the black and gray screen and nothing the cursor. please help!

i'm running Win 7 64 bit.

Core I7 3.06

12g RAM

directX 11

I looked and I only have one option so I don't think it is only related to sound options. I am running a Dell XPS core i7 with 6 GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 435 2GB on Windows 7 64bit. I've tried all of the suggestions in the various threads with no luck. I'm really disappointed that I can't run ArmA Gold (which I just bought from Amazon). Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I think BIS should step up and provide a little more assistance since we are still paying for their product