Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Windows 7 Will it work with ArmA, ArmA2 and OFP to OFP2?

I'm about finished building my new computer:

Gigabyte UP43-UD3L mother baord

EVGA GTX285 1 GB with DDR3

Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 8x cpu

680w psu

160gb SATA hd

2GB Corsair DDR2

I'm about to install Win 7 into the system. I had WinXP Pro but because I bought a copy off of Ebay (lesson learned not to next time) that now I have no serial number to complete the installation. I was told that Win 7 is promising, was free because it's going under release candidate run and that most punkbuster and other issues are almost ironed out. Will I be able to run all BIS games on it?

I'm running Win7 RC 7100 with 8gig ram and the game is running fine for me.

Well, almost done downloading, it says I need to install into an older or test PC. But the one I am installing into is brand spanking new. Should I install into a test computer? I do not have one:confused:

What they is mean is that average Joe-soap should not install Windows 7 onto their main computer in case they screw something up. In reality, I've been running Windows 7 since Christmas and I've had zero problems.

Yup, I am able to run ArmA, just installed 3 updates and now, oh, what is the 1.15 update? Do I need it? I hear its the Queens Gambit but i don't have that addition. Just up to 1.14.

Skip patch 1.15beta and get 1.16beta instead. Performance fixes, including better networking code.

No ties to Queens Gambit - that is bundled with ArmA Gold or you buy separately.

Well since its here I might aswell ask, does anyone know for sure if ArmA 1 will work with Vista x64? I have a friend who has it from steam and plays but I think he has 32 bit. THanks lemme know, although It doesnt matter I already bought it.

Before going to Win7 I had ArmA running perfectly fine on Vista Home Premium 64bit

...I did not get to try ArmA2 on Vista 64 though. I have heard it works fine.

Edited by Nolegs
left out info

Ok well when I start the game I get blocks, like the startup is just blocks with no letters. Black blocks.

I have this exact problem as well. I decided to support the series and grab a copy of ArmA from Steam...it launches at liek 640x480 and takes 1-2 minutes to do anything then I hear some sounds, and get a few grayish blocks on the screen.

This just cost me 20 bucks...what the heck

Ok well when I start the game I get blocks, like the startup is just blocks with no letters. Black blocks.

I've got the same problem (W7 build 7600) in ArmA 1.14.

ArmA 1.16 runs Ok, no problems so far.

I have the same problem as you guys - a black screen, with big black grey blocks. Running Windows 7 with ATI 9.7 drivers.

wow I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem to. I'm also Running Windows7 RC build 7100. I experience the black boxes with Grey textures where i can vaguely see some of the game images. Please HELP!!!

I found solution!

Use line command -nosplash -window -world=empt

Or any launcher (i.e. DoW ArmA Launchpad) and enable World empty and run in Window mode.

I found solution!

Use line command -nosplash -window -world=empt

Or any launcher (i.e. DoW ArmA Launchpad) and enable World empty and run in Window mode.

So where do I put this at???

Tried all the fixes Ive found on the forums but cant get multiplayer to work on windows 7

As soon as I click multilplayer game just crashes to desktop, have allowed in firewall also.

Any ideas to fix this guys as really want to run the game on 64bit?

for the guys having the problem with the black blocks right click the short cut on desktop and put -window

example

c:\programfiles\bio..\ arma.exe" -window

that fixed the problem for me

I've got no problems with OFP, ArmA1, or ArmA2 and I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

NVM...

ArmA1 - i have no problems in. Have distortion problem in ARMA2 with Audigy2+Win7. Dont know if it really is Win7 plus that old card together though.

From what i experienced Win7 x86 is not so good with OFP.

I for one have alot of crashes while playing OFP and it ain't addons.

I'm going to roll back to XP. Win XP is the most stable SO i have ever found so far.

The only problem I've got with ofp and windows7 it's that I can't connect to any server for multiplay :( it seems related to internal win7 firewall configuration maybe it block some protocol or port used in ofp multy

all the rest instead works well.

Absolutely zero problem with arma/arma2 :)

The Windows (insert whatever version there, XP's just sucks the most) firewall is useless. Disable it, install a proper one (Comodo for example) and try OFP again.

The only problem I've got with ofp and windows7 it's that I can't connect to any server for multiplay :( it seems related to internal win7 firewall configuration maybe it block some protocol or port used in ofp multy

all the rest instead works well.

Absolutely zero problem with arma/arma2 :)

Yes, i forgot to mention that issue, also have it.

Even if OFP (Resistance.exe) is add to firewall exceptions, sometimes i cannot connect to the server or create room as if my firewall is on all the time. Also tried to disable firewall completely but the issue remains. Cant see server using remote, can see servers only using filter.

I really don't understand why people say win7 is the best SO. It runs slower then Win XP, and i bet it can only be noticed in old Computers like mine (P4 3.0Ghz, 2Gb ram, board: abit7, Vcard: Ati Sapphire 1950pro 512mb)

I only like a few things on Win7 and might not worth it.

i have a problem with Arma 1 on win 7.

When i startup the game the screen is loading and then the game crashes.

Can you guys help me .

I have patch 1.18 installed