Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

This is great news about the demo.will keep me occupied till i get my dirty mitts on the complete game on friday nice..

Sweet news about the demo. I hope I get to download it before mass over-downloading of all ArmA2 fans begin :D

set your alarm clocks on!! :D lol

btw will someone make a 7z thingy to make the download smaller? :D

Certainly it's sizable, but nothing unheard of. Nowadays most graphically demanding games have demos from 1 gigs upwards.

I know 1GB is nothing these days, but I've never seend a demo that was 2GB

I know 1GB is nothing these days, but I've never seend a demo that was 2GB

The problem is my internet connection speed hasn't increased at the same rate. :(

By the time I finish downloading it my copy of Arma 2 will have arrived and be installed. :confused:

And how times have changed, OFP + Red Hammer + Resitance combined to a total of 1.1 Gb.

Boy a demo tomorrow or tuesday and june 19th is exacly on my birthday! Oh well i expect to get the game next monday or so here in the netherlands.

hopefully there is an offical torrent for the demo DL, and if not, one of the fan sites should start one

Edited by That guy

Great news, thanks! It's rare to get a demo before release these days :D. 2gb is fine by me, Torrents would be nice though

I hope it gets released as a torrent, too. My internet keeps bugging out on me. :(

I have 10Mbit upload with no limits so I'll see about a torrent of the demo.

when will it be released im waiting to get it but i have exams so dont have a lot of time yo :D

I only have about 1Mbit upload (ADSL sucks huge balls) but I'd be glad to help out aswell. Just give us a tracker. :)

when will it be released im waiting to get it but i have exams so dont have a lot of time yo :D

Just guessing here, but I don't think there will be an announcement. It will probably just turn up all of a sudden, so the people who browse the forums all day (*wink wink*) will see it and get it first. Then the word will spread and the sudden influx of people trying to download it will cause epic lag of the beyondness in the forums. (Unless the new server is really up to the task :))

Edited by MadDogX

I only have about 1Mbit upload (ADSL sucks huge balls) but I'd be glad to help out aswell. Just give us a tracker. :)

Just guessing here, but I don't think there will be an announcement. It will probably just turn up all of a sudden, so the people who browse the forums all day (*wink wink*) will see it and get it first. Then the word will spread and the sudden influx of people trying to download it will cause epic lag of the beyondness in the forums. (Unless the new server is really up to the task :))

oh crap my eye blinked did the demo just appear and dissapear? :o

lol :D

hope it wont be long

I have 100/100 and will support the torrent demo if needed. :bounce3:

// FixXxeR out

Q9650 @ 3,0 ghz

4GB

8800 GTS

Vista sp2 32bit

But by the time someone has downloaded it an started a torrent you could already have downloaded it yourself couldn't you? I'm just praying for a uk download location as then t will only take me about 20mins to download. If I knew how to torrent I would help with the torrent seeding :)

pff i just hope the size is not 2GB but a smaller winrar 7z file, im already at my 90% of my internet meter, dont want to pay more..

But by the time someone has downloaded it an started a torrent you could already have downloaded it yourself couldn't you? I'm just praying for a uk download location as then t will only take me about 20mins to download.

:D See and learn! ;)

Nice more NL'ers here :)

cant wait to download the demo to try the MP part of the game

and cant wait to play the full release !

Came home from work, no demo :( hopefully we will see it in a couple of hours. Can't wait untill tomorrow :D