Sign in to follow this  
bugkill

Porting ArmA1 addons to ArmA2

Bit of a request here, gents. Would it be possible for someone to upload a zipped version of the required pbo's? I formatted my HD to install ArmA II, and I left my ArmA CD at post (currently on leave for two weeks).

Cheers!

For your own personal use once you have downloaded an addon you can do what you like etc ‘if’ and that’s a big if it’s for personal use only (subject to what is contained in the readme), this doesn’t mean releasing the addon, sharing it, giving it to a mate or squad mates and the like. If you want to port the Kiowa Warrior to Arma2 for personal use then go ahead.

The main thing to remember is ‘personal use’ over ‘released’ the photographic section of these arma forums is full of amended/adjusted arma addons for personal use, in that the community has no problems, but it does not like/nor will allow other peoples work being re-released without consent/permissions etc.

Southy

Well put....my belief is the same ....as dictated with our agreement. But I believe if its a few people included in messing around on a self contained "lan party" and not publicly released (i.e. -released on one's website for a community use) and jsut released to a general devlopment and testing team....I don't see a problem with that....or is that a bit far fetched?

On that note I've been trying to contact the right person from ArmA Tactics that made the original AT_Rockeye / AT_Napalm Package......think they left it open ended for anyone to modify and use, then dropped the project (there's an issue where...but I've "tinkered" and tested tinkering with others for use, but was never publicly released due to this issue......I've made a CBU-97 from their concepts and would one day like to port and release. No contact info was given in the addon (only made by ArmA Tactics) and no contacts listed with the post at Armaholics. I've been wanting to get with them on some improvements on performance, effects etc.

Also would be an excellent port for ArmA 2 .....anyone for some Cluster Bombs???? Muah ha ha:681:

As soon as I have definate ok on this I'll release a public beta for consumption once a few minor bugs are squared.

NOTE: Because the jet engine noise has been changed, you cant hear the jet engine noises on your favorite ArmA 1 jet aircraft.

Also, i tested the WWII weapons pack, and i can gladly confirm that weapons are 100% compatible with no modifications! however 1st person models may be awkward, as i also tested the M14 EBR mod, and saw that any with scopes had the supporting hands sticking out to the left :p

Hello! Can you help me with porting/converting Claymore and Steyrs from Arma to Arma 2? Can it be ported with only config.bin editing? What I need to change in config.bin? Because I tried to port it, but it won`t work. It is a mistake somewere in config.bin.

Or just port claymore and Steyrs to Arma 2 pls ))

I tried to put it in ammo box, but nothing. Only crash No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.ClaymorePrimary'

Edited by DeaDNoTLiFe

Hi guys, I didn't know exactly where to put this post, mods, if anything is wrong, please make the propper corrections so that my question could be seen (author banned)

thanks in advance

questionS:

I've been using Rocco's celebrity facepack for ArmA2, working perfectly

and I also installed it in ArmA1, since the addon states that its using the new ArmA2 facetemplate, is there anything wrong I should notice in ArmA1?

Is there a version of said pack for ArmA1?

Is there anyone else making celebrity faces?

finally, here's a list of wish Faces or Ideas for your consideration

Original OFP (any face)

Black Hack Down cast (remember ofp days)

Tears of the Sun cast

We were Soldiers cast

Saving Prvt Ryan cast

Thin Red Line cast

Band of Brothers cast

[by "cast" I mean, any actor portrayed]

Chuck Norris

Jack Bauer

regards

Already done ;)

[copied form the thread in general forum]

Using CAA1 and OAC

Hi guys, could you please help me

CWR Islands (stand alone, no-mod)

"bin\config.bin/CfgNonAiVehicles/land_cwr_lampazel.simulation"

it shows this error at the main menu screen, it and doesn't list the islands

can anyone help me?

I'd love to see the DC3 and some smaller civvie planes like the cessna for ARMA1 ported over or included in Operation Arrowhead xD but i can't wait that long..

Ok, some of the addons give me a game is not patched to 1.08 error. How do I make those addons work?

just ignore the message

is it possible to make conversions like vte-mod working in arma 2 with caa1?

A full mod might have too many problems. Better wait or even help Snake Man with the conversion. :)

Ok, some of the addons give me a game is not patched to 1.08 error. How do I make those addons work?
just ignore the message

That's not the correct way.There might be other messages too,arma shows only 1.What you should do is,download Eliteness.Depbo that addon,Derapify config.bin(save as config.cpp).Then open cpp with text editor and at very start of config you find line "RequiredVersion=",change it to say 1.00 and repbo.Very simple.;)

That's not the correct way.There might be other messages too,arma shows only 1.What you should do is,download Eliteness.Depbo that addon,Derapify config.bin(save as config.cpp).Then open cpp with text editor and at very start of config you find line "RequiredVersion=",change it to say 1.00 and repbo.Very simple.;)

Sorry, but I don't really understand what you are talking about. :|

Sorry, but I don't really understand what you are talking about. :|

If you want send me across the link for the addon in a PM I will edit it for you then send it back, but if you can extract the pbo then do the following;

-Extract addon .pbo

-Find config.cpp

-Find the line "RequiredVersion="

-Change the 1.08 to 1.00000000

-Remake .pbo

-Install addon & you're done.

If you want send me across the link for the addon in a PM I will edit it for you then send it back, but if you can extract the pbo then do the following;

-Extract addon .pbo

-Find config.cpp

-Find the line "RequiredVersion="

-Change the 1.08 to 1.00000000

-Remake .pbo

-Install addon & you're done.

I require help for the predator UAV addon:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2828

All download links have been deleted,so you have to upload it somwhere like uploading.com,easyshare etc.Then i can dl it and edit the config.

All download links have been deleted,so you have to upload it somwhere like uploading.com,easyshare etc.Then i can dl it and edit the config.

You talking to me? If yes, then ok.

anybody knows whats up with racs peepz are they gonna port thier work to arma2

i have been cheking thier website

cheking mult. forums

nothing