Sign in to follow this  
rocket

USEC Mods (B1B, Navy, HH60, AAV(P)) from Rocket

Here they go folks. Rocket's usecforce.com addon's. Images on armaholic. Didn't post them here because wasnt sure if they were right size. Very busy, not much time. Post is a mess. Moderator feel free to cleanup.

Remember - I'm ROCKET not ICEMOTOBOY.

USEC B1B Bomber

• * Requires a Pilot and a Weapons Officer
    * Self explanatory really, it's variants of a B1B bomber
    * Currently Alpha
    * Hard to use without instructions
    * No pilot cockpit dials in this version
    * NOT AI FRIENDLY

USEC NAVY

• * Has an LHA thats a "spawnable base"
    * Couple of destroyers
    * Oh and it has an HH60 too. Can be used to pickup cargo crates and such

USEC EFF

• * This is like a mix of a bunch of stuff
    * Might not work well without the core USEC mod
    * Oh it has a cool AAV. If you know what that is, you'll probably be pretty excited.
    * And some cammo units, which are pretty choice
    * Gas masks and stuff too, and gas grenades
    * I can't remember what else. But quite a bit.

USEC Core

• * Old, and a real mess
    * But has some cool stuff in it
    * Enjoyness
    * Maybe the snow units are in this one? They're pretty cool

Oh some of the units don't appear in the menu for ACE, you have to mention them directly. Some of the things REQUIRE ACE. It's all setup entirely for USEC, so if you don't have it all setup right - it doesn't work so well.

That's all the USEC mods! When ArmA2 came out, I promised myself I'd make all the USEC mods public to non-USEC people. I'll still be modding for ArmA for a few months until I see how ArmA2 pans out... then I'll commence my modding for that.

If you like these mods (or want to host them) then:

- Identify me, Dean "Rocket" Hall, as the author.

- Provide a link to http://www.usecforce.com/

- Support Armaholic

- Visit the USEC site (www.usecforce.com)

- Come checkout the USEC game server some time, and chat to the guys and gals there

- Be nice, find something you love to do, and do that forever!

Hi to Big and Foxhound and all the Armaholic chaps, great work, see you in ArmA2 development.

P.S. I can't field any questions relating to how to use these mods. If you have questions, try asking some USEC members. They know how to use the mods and they can be a REAL pain in the backside to get working. Unfortunately, I'm busy being a producer and other stuff - all the free time I have goes to USEC.

P.P.S. If you're REALLY stuck. You can try PM'ing me. I do eventually get around to replying.

----

Link to mirror at ArmedAssault.info, thanks guys:

USEC B1B Bomber

USEC NAVY

USEC EFF

USEC Core

Edited by Rocket

As rocket said, If anyone of you have questions ask a USEC member.

I can help on a few things, so ask me!

EDIT: General questions about the mod, how to use, how to operate, terms of mod.

Nothing to technical because im not config/scripting savy as of yet.

-MM - USEC member

Edited by MachineMadness

Rocket great work mate.

Thanks for all the work.

Southy

Edited by Eble

thank you guys ! can't wait to try those nice addons !

Can't wait to try this cool stuff.

You mention that things might not work right if not setup??

"It's all setup entirely for USEC, so if you don't have it all setup right - it doesn't work so well."

Is there a documentation file we can get for proper setup?

Cool stuff. Thanks for droppin it off. Hope you's can finish in ArmA2

Yell if you want help on bits.

FYI, seems the lowest shadow lod of the B1 is a random mess. next lod up for shadow is OK (or that may actually be the GEO lod casting shadow).

There must be some interdependance between the packages, because my LHA looks nothing like the picture.

yep , the LHA needs the textures from the B1b bomber , but overall there is quite amazing stuff here , the LHA , the destructors , the AAV's, the HH60 , tha phalanks...

nice , nice.. with a little more of work to finish them they would be awesome

thanks for releasing them :)

Edited by william1

nice.... and @MachineMadness...so how do you pick up the crates(and what crate is it?), also please explain more on how to "spawn the base"(lhd)?

The crates up picked up by using the HH60 rope that can be deployed.

As for the spawn the base, do you mean spawning on the LHA or spawning the LHA?

To use the B1B flir mode, You need a pilot and the gunner/weapon officer. Use the action menu when in gunner to operate the FLIR.

Although i'm not familiar with the LHA inside you speak of, (if placeable place it directly on top of LHA maybe?). The lift works on the LHA which takes you below deck, to a hanger bay, but its not complete.

Edited by MachineMadness

cant wait till its finnaly done. hah

The crates up picked up by using the HH60 rope that can be deployed.

As for the spawn the base, do you mean spawning on the LHA or spawning the LHA?

To use the B1B flir mode, You need a pilot and the gunner/weapon officer. Use the action menu when in gunner to operate the FLIR.

Although i'm not familiar with the LHA inside you speak of, (if placeable place it directly on top of LHA maybe?). The lift works on the LHA which takes you below deck, to a hanger bay, but its not complete.

i mean what rocket said by this: * Has an LHA thats a "spawnable base"...how do i spawn the base..so to speak? and i know about how to deploy the rope,but what crate do i use? where can i find it?

Thanks for this USEC, I love the HH60.

I keep getting this error message:

No entry ‘bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RAF_Chin47.scope’.

Edited by CrazyAce

I keep getting this error message:

No entry ‘bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RAF_Chin47.scope’.

Is it related to the HH60? I never seen this error until now.

RAF Chinook error

The USEC Mod contains the RAF_Chin47 as a core part of the USEC Revolutions map. So you need to have the RAF_Chin mod. It's a warning message, but shouldn't cause any issue. Just download the RAF Chinook mod and it should work fine.

LHA inside

The LHA Inside, is basically a static (invisible) car that is placed when the LHA is placed. This allows you to spawn people directly onto the LHA when you place it. I did this because ArmA is a bit screwed up when trying to spawn things ontop of objects above water.

USEC Revo

Guess I forgot to release this. There is an old non-ace version, and an ace version. That has all how to add spawnable bases that you resupply with crates and then can build stuff. It's quite complex. I'll hunt out the files and post them here.

The manual (a little outdated) is at:

http://www.dhd.co.nz/files/pdf/GroundTraining_Vol2_Revolutions_v1.0.pdf

thanks alot rocket!!! oh and on the LHD at the back theres a action that says "open gate"..what does that do?

Edited by soldier2390

""LHA inside

The LHA Inside, is basically a static (invisible) car that is placed when the LHA is placed. This allows you to spawn people directly onto the LHA when you place it. I did this because ArmA is a bit screwed up when trying to spawn things ontop of objects above water.""

Makes sense, Thanks Rocket

thanks alot rocket!!! oh and on the LHD at the back theres a action that says "open gate"..what does that do?

It opens the gate :)

It opens the gate :)

yeah man, but nothing opens...is there any script or anything?:)

The left and right gunners on the navy ships don't have ammo. How can I give them ammo?

Is there any chance of the VLS version of the Tico CG being released? Being as it only requires removal of the Twin Standard Missile launchers and modelling a MK 41 VLS system on top.

How come i dont get any engine noise from the B1B???? its like flying a glider.... BTW Awsome work!!!!!

NVM it was my own error, i was using a sound mod....

Edited by BHCSAVAGE