Sign in to follow this  
Vampire1994

Arma 2 - Female Characters?

A friend got me interested in this game a few months back (Arma1), but there were no female characters. Will there be female characters for female players in the second installment?

Yes, I'm a girl.

Food for thought. If you play in 1st person view in MP, why do you care which 3D model represents you in game? Another thing - in full gear it is very hard to distinguish male from female in uniform.

How come there are no male prostitutes in the game? I'd like to make a mission where I am a man-whore.

I would very much like to play this mission together with you. In RL

i would very much like to play this mission together with you. In rl

roflol, satisfying customers for boxes of ammo ;-)

Edited by Skeptic

How come there are no male prostitutes in the game? I'd like to make a mission where I am a man-whore.
I would very much like to play this mission together with you. In RL

That...

Should go in the arma shrine or something...

:232:

Who cares about the legal, moral, ethical issues about women serving in combat as soldiers? Unless someone hasn't noticed this is ArmA2:General, not some boring thread in OT, the only answers relevant and applicable to post here should be related specifically to ArmA2, no more, no less.

And of course the simplest solution of all is for some friendly mod to start work on a women soldier model :)

I welcome female players into the game like one in my squad who is married to a m8 in our squad and is as good as any of you in FPS teamwork accuracy execution.

Id like to see female characters in this game and wether or not its realistic on certain forces in ArmA2 is going to far i think.

Vampire1994 , short all the way around or short platted and tucked in the back :D

Sorry..but I had to laugh...all you need is to add boobs :p ...but in reality..all you need is a female civilians body morphed into the coding of a males body animations.

"new animations for each posture, movement and weapon types."...:confused:...why?

because women move differently than men owing to their different mass distribution and bone structure. The legs of women, for instance, are far more massive in comparison to the rest of their body than a man's legs. Examining females and males of equal size, females usually have more muscle mass on their legs than men. This means their walking gate shows a lower centre of gravity, and shows more movement of the hips as the larger thighs and pelvis of the female as they must stay balanced over the loaded foot, especially in the passing frame of a walk cycle.

wlk01.gif

because women move differently than men owing to their different mass distribution and bone structure. The legs of women, for instance, are far more massive in comparison to the rest of their body than a man's legs. Examining females and males of equal size, females usually have more muscle mass on their legs than men. This means their walking gate shows a lower centre of gravity, and shows more movement of the hips as the larger thighs and pelvis of the female as they must stay balanced over the loaded foot, especially in the passing frame of a walk cycle.

wlk01.gif

More muscle mass? I don't really view that as an accurate statement, more mass in general perhaps but this is not true in all cases either. It is probably more accurate to say that the difference in gate is due to the differences in pelvic design. The rest is more sociological rather than physiological.

More muscle mass? I don't really view that as an accurate statement, more mass in general perhaps but this is not true in all cases either. It is probably more accurate to say that the difference in gate is due to the differences in pelvic design. The rest is more sociological rather than physiological.

It's a generalization and it's true... well, maybe not far more massive. Of course it's not true of everyone, but it is true on average. Women move differently than men all over the world which would rather indicate a physiological root.

If you take a man and a woman of the same height and weight, the woman's legs will be larger than the man's, and her upper body will be slighter.

Edited by Max Power

It's a generalization and it's true... well, maybe not far more massive. Of course it's not true of everyone, but it is true on average. Women move differently than men all over the world which would rather indicate a physiological root.

If you take a man and a woman of the same height and weight, the woman's legs will be larger than the man's, and her upper body will be slighter.

That is because females typically have a higher BMI than males do, but we are off on a tangent. I have a strong feeling that if these options were to be implemented we would see a significant number of male players happily living out their Corporal Klinger fantasies in game :p

All this talk about body movement, physiology and legs... :D

Just a female face skin and a female voice in the options menu, that'll do!

Maybe BIS could throw it into a patch some day?

All this talk about body movement, physiology and legs... :D

Just a female face skin and a female voice in the options menu, that'll do!

Maybe BIS could throw it into a patch some day?

Hahha! I agree,seeing as I'm a male,I won't be too disappointed if they don't include female soldiers by nature. But even if not made by BIS,someone's bound to incorporate it into ARMA 2. And I'll have no problem with that,shooting hundreds of males seems to not make anyone guilty,one female who you shoot (In a game,when even their character doesn't stay dead)shouldn't bring anyone into a guilt trip.

Edited by kiesthegrunt

Meh, I would rather see a female in civ clothes that can carry a gun. (I would love to make a mission where you link up with a female merc or Secret Agent....).

I've killed female enemies in countless games without batting an eye, I don't understand how grown men (savvy sim fans no less) could have such difficulty seeing the difference between real life and games, so much that they become mentally distressed over the idea of taking the "life" of an animated object that was modeled and textured to look like a representative of the opposite sex. Do you have any idea what that even implies? Either they believe that men's lives are worthless compared to those of women, or that girls are pure and magical creatures that wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone cuss and fart. I suggest updating your systems to the 21st century or just getting laid.

I just checked out the female civilians ... ah ... they can't drive or use weapons? Is it just me or is this odd? If the female civs were "human" as opposed to some kind of animal class as they are now, that would be enough for me.

Damn, and I really wanted granny-SF too! :D

You have over-simplified it Celery.

Men make war, not women.

By some freak of evolution, men have been designed to kill each other on the battlefield, women were meant to rebuild the population.

Therefore in matured males there is nature tendancy for men to "keep women safe".

If you think some "21st century game" is going to fully override that inbuilt programming, youre mistaken I believe.

This should be a case for "better for gameplay, then for realism". It would not hurt to include at least 1 female variant in the list of playable MP characters to create a profile with. Obviously there is a case for the realism involved with female soldiers in real life, but ArmA 2 isn't built for soldiers, but instead for gamers and while not predominant, girls do play games. They're a growing minority in a demographic formally exclusive to boys.

Quit being cliched and old fashioned. There is nothing wrong with including a female avatar for multiplayer games. It's ok to get shot by a girl, it won't effect your street cred (well, not very much anyways).

Are they sexist or something? What's up with that? They don't want women playing the game or something?

Most all modern games have the availability for all players to comfortably get behind the controls. This is the first game in a while, that I know of, that hasn't given the choice.

Alright; refined question then. Will there soon be a way to add a female character into the game as an addon - and if there already is, maybe someone can help me find it?

r u a girl?

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Gnat;1357900']You have over-simplified it Celery.

Men make war' date=' not women.

[/quote']

suicide battalion ftw

The USMC does not employ women in combat roles. Not as pilots, not as foot mobiles, not even as supply runners in a confirmed combat zone. The US army does not allow women in direct military roles either. They do allow women to do supply runs which due to modern insurgent style warfare does mean combat for a small number of women. The Russian Federation Army does have women in their military but has not put a women in a direct combat role since WW2. Slavic culture does not promote women as guerrilla combatants either. No former republic of the USSR employed women in combat and during the Yugoslavian conflict there were no women militia.

In short, lets not worry about the sexist aspect. It is just plain and simple unrealistic to have a women combatant model; and for game that struggles to achieve realism already I don't think we need it to be any more unrealistic over something so small. Also, since you cannot choose which model you spawn with (it is based off the type of unit unit you choose IE riflemen, machine gunner.) this would make you unable to choose the women avatar anyway. And no you cannot simply reskin as they are all based off the same basic model. It would just look like a man with makeup.

Modders could just add this in though. Hell it could just even be a face swap since with all that armor and padding it would be very hard to distinguish from male to female unless you look at their face.

As i said before, you cannot simply reskin them. The models look extremely manly and yes you can tell a women in full battle gear from quite a distance. As for modders making an entire seperate model that properly represents a women. Well, find yourself someone willing to do so, release the addon both client and server side, and then find a mission maker to make a mission using this model requiring this mod to play it, then finally find a server which actually plays the mission then have at it. But if its a mod we are talking about then it belongs here

Edited by manberries

Gnat;1357900']You have over-simplified it Celery.

Men make war' date=' not women.

By some freak of evolution, men have been designed to kill each other on the battlefield, women were meant to rebuild the population.

Therefore in matured males there is nature tendancy for men to "keep women safe".

If you think some "21st century game" is going to fully override that inbuilt programming, youre mistaken I believe.[/quote']

How many of us had moral problems killing the assassins in the 20th century classic Half-Life? Or the SS chicks in Return to Castle Wolfenstein? How would it be any different to shoot a female enemy in Arma 2?

I personaly don't like the idea of shooting or fighting women in games.

I never liked the Idea of all those female villains swarming Tamriel in Elder Scrolls. This always felt wrong to me.

As Celery said...might be due to my "indoctrination" in shool the 80s...only cowards beat girls.

Hey Guys, this Vampire girl is simply stating that she would like to have a female avatar or model to play. Let her speak her mind and give ideas for the modders. After all this is only a game...a game. Not the real thing. Like she stated it would make her feel comfortable behind the controls of a female based character. So let it go and give a modder a chance for this. Besides how many of you have played games as female protagonists and enjoyed it????