Howdy guys...

First off, sorry for the lack of activity on the forums. I'm a huge fan of Arma II but my internet kind of sucks over here in Afghanistan.

I was about to make a new thread, then I ran across this one so I'll post here first. I was a teensy bit disappointed with Arma II's implementation of UAVs and would like something a little more realistic... obviously not a direct copy of a real-life interface (for obvious reasons) but putting together some of my favorite simple features from multiple platforms would be sweet.

What do I do? I fly UAVs of course :p (contractor)

I'm most definitely not a programmer; all I can offer is my input of what I would like to see. I don't think it would be extremely difficult to implement, but again, I have no idea.

If anyone is interested in working on it, shoot me a PM and I can give you my thoughts. I don't even have a computer capable of playing Arma II but it looks like I'll be here a while so I'm seriously considering it...

:D

@Abs - How about the Argentinean TAM tank/TAM series? (There's also an IFV variant, an SPG variant, and a sort of MLRS variant)

Pah only one turret! Much too boring! :D

You know what, the Mk. VIII tank was just meant as a joke, but now I actually want to see it ingame... :D Abs go for it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agFP9-3Fea8

Bah. If it was only multi-turret then I'd argue for the Ratte. ;)

Yeah the Ratte in ArmA. "Allright lets drive forwa....Annnd we are in the ocean." :D

Yeah the Ratte in ArmA. "Allright lets drive forwa....Annnd we are in the ocean." :D

Yet somehow the turret is still sticking out of the water!

(The Ratte would probably be down right impossible in arma. It was done for FH1 back for 1942, but nothing since, afaik anyways)

hello, Im looking for some UFO (aliens) styled units and vehicles to have some bigger and stronger enemy.

Abs, or anyone else, how about a tank from this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_of_the_interwar_period

In my oppinion the most overlooked tanks, and at the same time, the most unusual vehicles. Of course its the wrong list if you want to make something "Modern", but I think the best tanks are the creaking, thundering, cumbersome monsters of the 1915 - 1944 period.

@Abs - If you do something from the era Maybach suggests, I'd say go French. You almost never see French tanks from WWI/WWII in games.

Volcano Mine System. This needs to get made.

And while I'm at it, Is anyone aware of any efforts to include more of the real life systems onboard the H-60 series? I have a lot of experience with Blackhawks and I was getting itchy. This is just some things I wanted to investigate,

If not I might have to dust off my modeling skills.

Some of these are small things, but Im just throwing them out there.

Making a UH-60M look like a UH-60M. UH-60A+ ( MEDEVAC PLUS ), with FLIR. Like I said, Anal, but hey.

Why are there never cargo doors on Blackhawks?

Is working landing gear not possible?

ESSS and Jettison capability.

Tell me a DAP Blackhawk would not be rad. C2, and EW variants would be cool too, At least I think so anyway.

External hoist/jungle penetrator system would be cool.

CONTROLLABLE SEARCHLIGHT. A Blackhawk has a stowable, slewable searchlight in both IR and visible light, AS WELL as a regular down-facing landing light.

Formation "Slime Lights" and Position Flashers.

Just some Ideas.

@Abs - If you do something from the era Maybach suggests, I'd say go French. You almost never see French tanks from WWI/WWII in games.

I totally agree. Something French would be awesome. Also I could be used together with the Invasion 44 and September 1939 vehicles, so it wouldnt be "on its own".

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?114918-Visitors-for-Arma2

There is only one space alien mod that I know of. Perhaps others know of more.

wasn't there one's included in lingor units?

Request: something somewhat Practical:

MH-47G, current itteration/model/update, whatever you like to call it of the chinook built specificly for the 'Nightstalkers'.

Ussaly armed with a single tail M240B or M2 machine gun and side mounts with M134 'minigun'.

Features include, in-flight refueling via probe (obviously), countermesure (Flare) launchers on both sides of the fusalage, a radar warning system against AA missiles, fast rope mounts (norrins script could probably solve this), external hoist (seen in the seccond photo above the door), the ability to land on water for extraction of SEAL teams, FLIR pod (same as on the UH-1Y venom) and external drop fuel tanks (no photos found, may as well disregard).

mh-47g-chinook.jpg

1347587.jpg

High res exterrior, image size 252KB: Image

Cockpit, Image Size 157KB: Image

If someone could atleast model it i should be able to config it and texture (unless someone else offers seeing im a novice at texturing.)

Thanks to anyone considering.

Edited by Scarecrow398

Just got back from overseas, and will check out the suggestions made. :) Thanks all.

Abs

Just got back from overseas, and will check out the suggestions made. :) Thanks all.

Abs

When you made your decission, tell us the time period the vehicle will be from! (Modern, WW2, Pre-WW2). But not the vehicle itself, I want to be suprised :D Also when you wont be able to finish it there will be less disappointment.

When you made your decission, tell us the time period the vehicle will be from! (Modern, WW2, Pre-WW2). But not the vehicle itself, I want to be suprised :D Also when you wont be able to finish it there will be less disappointment.

Indeed. But I don't even plan on telling you guys which period it's from. One day, it will just appear. This way, there's no impatience on your end, and no pressure on mine. ;)

Abs

This would probably be one of the coolest mods if done right

Tweaked NVGS:

ARMA 2 Normal:

798gz0w7xzY

Make it more like one of these!

Medal of Honor

8QJBbS6aAZ8

Real Life

uAdT5_1LG0A

This would probably be one of the coolest mods if done right

Tweaked NVGS

No lie, MOH has the best NVG's I've seen. The problem with the dirty NVGs, and really ArmA2's NVGs, is that they don't have an actual NVG effect. It's just an overlay and a green filter. MOH actually had an NVG effect.

Really should be a request for ArmA 3, because the ideal thing would be to change the way NVGs are done.

No lie, MOH has the best NVG's I've seen. The problem with the dirty NVGs, and really ArmA2's NVGs, is that they don't have an actual NVG effect. It's just an overlay and a green filter. MOH actually had an NVG effect.

Really should be a request for ArmA 3, because the ideal thing would be to change the way NVGs are done.

well to get a good effect in Arma2 it would just need adjusting. Can't see why you need to compare it to MOH, that a totally different game.:confused:

I didn't compare the gameplay. Both games have nightvision, and so it is perfectly reasonable to compare a feature common to both games. Now, as I said, ArmA2 has a simple overlay. The night vision effect in MPH is not a simple overlay. As in it is not a simple picture on the screen. The MPH for one has a different lighting applied than it's normal lighting. It's not just a lighter or darker brightness setting. And the grain effect in MPH is moving around, kinda like a grainy video. ArmA2's night vision is simply a green coloring, an overlay, and a change in hdr. And that's why a lot of people find issue with ArmA 2's night vision. Sorry, I'll be blunt: MPH has a better night vision effect than ArmA 2. Simple overlays (yes, that's about ALL the Dirty NVG addon is) won't fix the issue. It requires a change in the way night vision is done in ArmA 2.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Yeah, stupid cellphone autocorrect. MPH should be MOH.

Are there any units that don't look like they're men who do nothing but go to the gym and wear body armour? I'm looking for just regular civilian types, preferably in a long sleeve shirt.

Abs

I agree with Antoine.

ARMA's NVGs are lackluster at best. You can compare them easily because one looks like poop and one doesn't. I only recently played Medal of Honor and I was amazed when I put on the NVGs for the first time, it was awesome looking.

The dirty lense mod is alright, but it really doesn't cut it. It makes it even more dull looking, but adds a grainy effect.

this is not the place for the nvg argument...you requested a new nvg system, you have been answered that there is no way to replicate the behaviour you want with current system, moreover you have been pointed towards some sort of alternative.

if that doesnt cut it for you, try the suggestion subforums, for a2 or a3...

Blackfox34, I am glad you agree with me. But PuFu is also right. Your best bet is making this suggestion in the ArmA3 community wishes thread. I wouldn't make a suggestion in the ArmA 2 suggestion thread because at this stage BIS won't make that much of a change with ArmA 3 right around the corner. BIS will have to change the night vision system for ArmA 3. Unfortunately, I don't think a modder can do it. And, PuFu, the only reason there was more than one mention of the nvg comparison is because R0adki11 wanted to know why a comparison was made in the first place. So it's not really an argument, at least it wasn't meant to be.

That said, I've got a request (probably won't get answered): Could someone make an ArmA 3 Iranian digi-camo reskin for the Takistani Army?