ACE2 mod removes all radio calls from AI, theres also another small mod that removes first person radio calls (good for voice activation so no need for the call/command to be repeated), theres also the mod that lessens the calls somewhat ... but ...

I would like or want to ask the people who did these mods, could they or someone make a config pbo than simply lessens the "Go im covering" AI danger mode shout spamming that happens, for me, and as ive seen around here its very annoying for most people it seems.

I want most other things as replies, but that one is a bugger .. anyone up for it?

H1 ALPHA civ FOR Arma 2 (<- for all the inbred's on this forum)

Way to insult the community Stevo. frakkin tard.

Something with Aliens, just over the top destruction capability for them, no balance at all.

Something with Aliens, just over the top destruction capability for them, no balance at all.

I remember seeing a WIP of an alien addon, and I'm sure with some scripting you could make em as powerful as you'd want ;)

Now I know someone, somewhere is working on MRAPs . . . they just have to be!

But, I would like to make a specific MRAP request:

I just read today that after this year the military is no long buying Humvees . . . they're going to replace 8,000 lost in combat and thats it. No more.

I know one MRAP vehicle that is being used in Afghanistan, maybe Iraq (not sure) is the Oshkosh JLTV M-ATV, which is intended as the a replacement for the good ol' humvee. Thus I officially request someone get to work crafting this armored vehicle (something of which I even feel that Arma 2 is missing, I hate being shot by an AK while driving a humvee!)

Mine_resistant_ambush_protected_ATV.jpg

Hi Res

Features:

The M-ATV utilizes the MTVR chassis and TAK-4 suspension with the Plasan designed armored hull developed for the Northrop Grumman/Oshkosh JLTV. The V-shaped Plasan armored hull offers protection for the occupants from IED attacks while the centrally inflated run-flat tires allow the M-ATV to travel at least 30 miles at 30mph even if two tires lose pressure. The vehicle can also take a 7.62 mm round to it's engine oil/coolant/hydraulic system and continue to drive for at least one kilometer. The Tak-4 suspension is coil sprung and fully independent, and offers 16 inches of travel. The M-ATV's roof mounted turret is capable of mounting either an M240 machine gun, a Mk 19 grenade launcher or, a BGM-71 TOW Anti-tank guided missile, all of which can be operated either from the turret or remotely inside the cabin. The M-ATV also features modern vehicle safety systems such as Traction control and anti-lock brakes in addition to modern creature comforts such as an HVAC system and power outlets for charging personal portable electronic devices such as iPods and MP3 players.

History:

Originally one of five candidates down selected for the M-ATV (MRAP All Terrain Vehicle) program, the Oshkosh M-ATV was chosen on 30 June 2009 to be the sole winner of the contest. Oshkosh Corporation received an initial order for 2,244 vehicles in a contract worth US$1.06B. The order has since grown to 5,219 M-ATVs for $2.76 billion.

According to the United States Marine Corps program officer for MRAP, Brigadier General Michael Brogan, the Oshkosh M-ATV was chosen because it had the best survivability and Oshkosh had the best technical and manufacturing capabilities of all the competitors. The Oshkosh bid was also the second cheapest. The first vehicles arrived in Afghanistan in October 2009 and all should be delivered by March 2010.

All information and pictures borrowed from the Wikipedia page.

For more information and technical specs, check out the Official Brochure.

Edited by TheRev709

One huge gap in Arma for me as a mission maker is the lack of a mod which adds a variety of desert objects available in the editor.

These include:

Desert Camo Netting

Desert Bunker Systems

Desert Watch towers

Add anything else here... my imagination is limited this evening.

I want to request:

Higher Resolution textures on Faces and Hands/arms

Better hand textures, the hands in Arma 2 look really bad.

Tactical gloves/mitts

More idle animations and some facial animation work if possible

My wishlist!

1/ Some decent sound for freefalling/chute opening when you Halo.

2/ A way to get rid of 'blackouts' when you or your AI jumps out for Halo.

3/ A 'James Bond' style eject button controlled by the pilot - to 'lose' those pesky heli-door gunners in MP who insist on wasting all the ammo shooting at nothing en-route to target! Don't suppose this will happen as it would probably be open to abuse!?

4/ A better/optimised ingame VOIP solution so we don't have to use TS etc.

...& that's just for now! Love the game BIS - been playin' since OFP CWC and never looked back (despite the inevitable bugs in a game of this scale with so may variables at play). While I'm here a big thanks to ALL modders in the community, between BIS & you lot there is always a way forward that makes ARMA2 the most re-playable game bar none.

Edited by LupoUK

I've done a fair amount of research, and I'm rather new here, but I've still yet to find something that makes a halfway decent muzzle flash! Anybody point me in the right direction?

I've done a fair amount of research, and I'm rather new here, but I've still yet to find something that makes a halfway decent muzzle flash! Anybody point me in the right direction?

Go to ADDONS AND MODS COMPLETE FORUM> WARFX Particles and read that thread, Optical Snare is updating his mod to implement shell casings for vehicles, new sound effects and Muzzle flashes and they look extremely well done.

Mod out now, update coming soon.

Cheers. and Enjoy your stay you will like this community alot. :D

EDIT: LINK

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89685

How about a radio command script that zooms the in-game and editor map to certain preset distances, so people without numpads can use it? Would that be as simple as it sounds?

My wishlist!

1/ Some decent sound for freefalling/chute opening when you Halo.

2/ A way to get rid of 'blackouts' when you or your AI jumps out for Halo.

3/ A 'James Bond' style eject button controlled by the pilot - to 'lose' those pesky heli-door gunners in MP who insist on wasting all the ammo shooting at nothing en-route to target! Don't suppose this will happen as it would probably be open to abuse!?

4/ A better/optimised ingame VOIP solution so we don't have to use TS etc.

...& that's just for now! Love the game BIS - been playin' since OFP CWC and never looked back (despite the inevitable bugs in a game of this scale with so may variables at play). While I'm here a big thanks to ALL modders in the community, between BIS & you lot there is always a way forward that makes ARMA2 the most re-playable game bar none.

Lupo: This thread is for addon requests and not ARMA2 suggestions. Here you ask the community to create things not BI. ;)

When asking for addons in general it is always good to present some information, reference material, ideas etc and not just what you want. Someone has to make this on his free time, unpayed, so a bit of help on the way i think addon makers would appreciate. :)

Some 1991 Gulf War era units and/or vehicles would be nice. A Gulf War map would be excellent.

I remember back in the day, a bloke named Hyakushiki made some superb U.S. military units for Operation Flashpoint.

His units were very high-res from multiple different time periods, such as units from 1991, 1993, 2003, 2007.

I wonder where he is now. :D

Some 1991 Gulf War era units and/or vehicles would be nice. A Gulf War map would be excellent.

I remember back in the day, a bloke named Hyakushiki made some superb U.S. military units for Operation Flashpoint.

His units were very high-res from multiple different time periods, such as units from 1991, 1993, 2003, 2007.

I wonder where he is now. :D

I believe this is meant to be based around 1990, its a campaign but its featuring a load of new units from the sound of it.

Single Post

Yeah Laqueesha. Those are the guys I'm doing some '91 guys for.

Simple Request would be a costom sound mod,or addon,what would repleace the Original ARMA 2 Radio sounds with good old OFP radio Sounds.

Just thinking...

Is there a way to convert the VBS2 maps into ARMA2 maps? Could it be done using visitor or is it a sh*tload of work?

Is there a way to convert the VBS2 maps into ARMA2 maps? Could it be done using visitor or is it a sh*tload of work?

That's not allowed. The EULA forbids it.

Can someone make a scenario with the Afghan village map where the US ARMY is patrolling in the village (Deep in it) and then terrorists attack and they need to regroup and fall back to main base or Vehicle Check Point? And then they need to retake the village by destroying the weapon caches located around the map?

Can someone make a scenario with the Afghan village map where the US ARMY is patrolling in the village (Deep in it) and then terrorists attack and they need to regroup and fall back to main base or Vehicle Check Point? And then they need to retake the village by destroying the weapon caches located around the map?

If you read through about 20 mins worth of tutorials you could make this yourself in the editor in under and hour.