=Spetsnaz=

ArmA II Photography I: Questions. Comments & Discussion

Hi flyfinn, feel like i know you but i dont, just know of your il-2 rep :)

Shmersh... Fucking A! :D

And

Woot Parvus is back! :)

Lotsa good screenies to look forward to.

Alex

i want that wolf addon for ma kid ! he's been runnin round utes as an alsation all day but he wants to be a fox or a wolf apparently !

anyways here's some more screenies...arma 2 is addictive !

mybluecrosser11.jpg

mybluecrosser7.jpg

mybluecrosser12.jpg

mybluecrosser3.jpg

dt125re.jpg

Edited by Xeo

Why are you posting this in the "comments" topic ? :)

Un-sticking this now as there's a couple of more pertinent threads, plus most of the newer members have caught up with the whole screenshots in one, discussions in another, concept.

Hy guys

How can i set to the civilians can carry a wounded civilian?

Sorry for this noob question.

@monty: it's far worse in the A10. Each end of the cockpit glass is a different colour and it's just annoying.

Awesome pics Mr Burns! :) though I think you should've added a couple of parked/abandoned cars around the streets to add a bit life on those big streets ;)

Anyways Keep 'em comin, makes the wait a bit better :D

waiting to get home and buying a new computer in august :P

@Ballistic09,

how the hell did you get Arma2 working on a one year old iMac? That looks like pretty high settings too. :)

@Ballistic09,

how the hell did you get Arma2 working on a one year old iMac? That looks like pretty high settings too. :)

I installed Windows XP on a partition of the hard drive using the "Bootcamp" utility.

Most of the settings are set to high with the exception of anisotropic filtering set to very-high, AA disabled, 4500 view distance. According to Fraps it usually gets around 30-40 fps which reeeaaally surprised me. If I have a lot of units near a dense forest or city, it drops to around 20 fps... The lowest I've seen was about 16 fps, but that was in a large scale battle next to a city and forest with around 300 units and trackir running...

I've got about $1100 set aside to build a new gaming computer sometime in the future, but as for now I think I'll stick to this iMac because it seems to handle it just fine. :cool:

That advertising board is so misleading Gaia, there were no women on Sahrani looking like THAT. I think I'm gonna sue.

Ok which Dev forgot to pick up there wife from sahrani? shes guna be pretty pissed

Gaia where is that sign post on the map?

Some cracking pics there Cadmium77

Might also wanna sort the pic sizes out sharpish! :eek:

Btw found this thread all the way down on page 20 lol :D

@Cadmium77: That picture with the lumber mill reminds me a lot of Close Combat games for some reason. Good story too.

Maybe a bit OT, but do the old static animation addons for Arma work in Arma II?

check out the new vechile addon for Arma2, i have some SS's posted in the screenie area.

@Cadmium77: That picture with the lumber mill reminds me a lot of Close Combat games for some reason. Good story too.

Yeah, Close Combat. Wasn't that by subscription where they sent you a new real world military operation that had been modeled out to fight every month?

So far I'm very disappointed by the online gaming with Arma that I'm seeing; it's not going in the right direction at all...it's turning out to be the same nonsense as BF2 online or Counter Strike; very closed, very limited, boring and unimaginative.

What I dream of for Arma 2 is that real military people with real world experience, or those with a deep scholarly knowledge of military tactics and what is happening in military operations in the last 10-15 years or so will build playable models of real operations or realistic operations. The online games should be huge affairs with each player commanding whole platoons, whole motorized infantry companies with scenarios that employ different Modules in the editor so each player can go to his map and command his forces from the CTRL Spacebar interface with their unit symbols.

RTS, but RTS from a very intimate POV where the commander of the platoon or company is right there in the thick of the fighting, trying to control his own confusion and excitement and survival to make sense of a chaotic situation and command his men to seize the objectives.

I'm trying to learn the scripting so I can make this myself, since I haven't found it online yet. If you have, please let me know.

It would be so cool to have four friends online commanding large numbers of troops and armour and aircraft in a big combined arms operation. The only good squad players I've found so far were the Australians which comes as no surprise. They were the best guys to play with online in BF2 Reality Mod too. Friendly, intelligent and cooperative. Great fun

mxSmkwWNsOE

Edited by Cadmium77

Yeah, Close Combat. Wasn't that by subscription where they sent you a new real world military operation that had been modeled out to fight every month?

Not the ones I played. The ones I played were WWII tactical/strategy games. Although I think there was a recent one that was modern. The game didn't use those kinds of symbols or anything its just something about that picture made me think of it.

Great screens as always Parvus. And great to have you on ArmA II.

Awesome screens Parvus! Upping the quality in the thread yo. :)

Ochristie: Wheres your image? You law breaker. :D

Very nice pictures Parvus :)

Any chance of you sharing what your machine specs/settings are, cause I'd love to get a similiar experience somehow? :)

Why isn't this thread stickied up near the screenshot thread, this is the first time I've seen it.

Kinetic is the word that comes to my mind seeing Parvus's pics. I pend hours with my finger hovering over Print Screen trying to get action shots looking like that lol

Because there are 10 there already.......