Sign in to follow this  
Helmut_AUT

Framerate-Friendly Island - porting stuff over?

ok i try to explain how it works, because i think u misunderstood something.

1.) create a modfolder and name it like u did @opx

2.) create a folder INSIDE the folder @opx and name it "addons" (without the quotes)

3.) copy listed files into the folder with the name addons

4.) copy the files from opteryx maps into the same folder with the name addons.

5.) now you add in your arma shortcut your modfolder , it should read like this:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@opx

when u did this all properly and start arma2 you should see in editor the islands sarani, porto, ramadi, avgani, afghan village and your arma2 islands.

start avgani and you are good to go ;)

EDIT : if you dont have queens gambit u dont have the porto island

Edited by horror1

I hope this means that the CWR versions of the original OFP islands will be able to be ported over also.

Hi horror I did exactley what you said I get a couple of errors on startup but before i get to the menu it crashes do desktop and i get this error

invalid crew soldierWB

Edited by papoose244

Thats maybe the cutscene. There is no SoldierWB anymore. Open the mappbo and change the mission.sqm from the cutscene. Replace SoldierWB with USMC_Soldier

Thats maybe the cutscene. There is no SoldierWB anymore. Open the mappbo and change the mission.sqm from the cutscene. Replace SoldierWB with USMC_Soldier

Sorry for being a noob but I have no clue what your talking about I just put all the files horror said in a mod folder called Arma2/@ARMA/addons/

Hi horror I did exactley what you said I get a couple of errors on startup but before i get to the menu it crashes do desktop and i get this error

invalid crew soldierWB

you did obviously more into the folder than just the files listed in this thread.

when u get a invalid crew error , it means that u put vehicles from arma1 into the modfolder but u cannot place them manned as it will crash , cause the vehicles you are trying to load are from arma1 and you can place them only empty in the editor cause if they are manned they use wrong soldierclasses wich have been changed in arma2 so it crashes.

if u want to use arma1 vehicles just put them empty into the editor and jump in when u start the preview.

many vehicles from arma1 work without a problem just put them empty into the map:)

Thanks it works now do you also get the ca/data/light_flare_ca.paa. when you get ingame?

What is dir.txt again? QG? I have QG but no dir.txt. Just wondering.

That's just the file I piped the directory listing to, ignore it. In any case that whole listing should be considered kaput as it creates conflicts with the base A2 content. I'm hoping the CAA1 project will make this type of workaround redundant anyway.

@Defunkt

:459: it works perfect

when i play avgani map on arma 1 i get 10 fps at max with 700 viewdistance and disabled shadows in the citycenter NOW I HAVE 40 + with EVERYTHING ON HIGHEST 5000 VIEWDISTANCE :yay::yay::yay:

UNBELIEEEEEEEEVABLE

I get better performance also, but is this down to the lack of detail textures in the near distance?

Hi

Could someone please list exactly what files are in their mod folder? I have read, and followed everything you guys mentioned, and I'm also getting all kinds of errors.

what I did was; I copies the entire Arma1 addons folder to my ArmA2 mod folder:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\AddOns

...to

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\@Test

Shortcut = -mod=@Test

I then removed the files

as horror1 mentioned that don't belong in the game. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by starstreams

I then removed the files

as horror1 mentioned that don't belong in the game. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

i never stated to remove this files :confused:

1. create a modfolder and inside an addons folder.

2. put this files in the addons folder :

buildings.pbo

buildings.pbo.bi.bisign

ca.pbo

ca.pbo.bi.bisign

cti_buildings.pbo

cti_buildings.pbo.bi.bisign

dbe1.pbo

dbe1.pbo.bi.bisign

desert.pbo

desert.pbo.bi.bisign

desert2.pbo

desert2.pbo.bi.bisign

dir.txt

hotfix.pbo

hotfix.pbo.bi.bisign

hotfix_dbe1.pbo

hotfix_dbe1.pbo.bi.bisign

misc.pbo

misc.pbo.bi.bisign

plants.pbo

plants.pbo.bi.bisign

roads.pbo

roads.pbo.bi.bisign

rocks.pbo

rocks.pbo.bi.bisign

sara.pbo

sara.pbo.bi.bisign

saralite.pbo

saralite.pbo.bi.bisign

signs.pbo

signs.pbo.bi.bisign

water.pbo

water.pbo.bi.bisign

now u should have working ramadi,porto and sahrani and sahrani light.

if u want now to add some other islands just put the island files into the same addons folder like u would do it in arma1.

thats all.

with the above files loaded as a seperate "mod" i get some wierd pink vertical line in the sky and when i try to load an ARMA2 map the game crashes...

hmmm i cant say anything about it, i am actually playing with this files and opteryx avgani and afghan-village maps online with my own created missions.

maybe its something missing?

can u post ur exact path and modfoldername?

do u have the EXACT listed files in ur modfolder?

i heared many ppls who have it working with this exact files.

perhaps u have more mods running at same time? if so try only ur mapmodfolder to start with arma.

Check out this, its much improved way of running Sara, without all the errors, and with nice detail in the mid distance thanx to texture fix. It takes a bit of effort, but its all explained.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1/HowToDownloadReleases#Yoma-Addon-Sync-Server

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1

Sara just looks ace with the new Arma II look, and plays better with all the new features.

Hi,

is there a way to play afgahni map without sahrani.If not..is it allowed to upload the mapfiles of it so u can use the Arma I Addons?

Hey guys

I have my mod folder set up, but I am getting an error stating:

CA_Hotfix requires version 1.09 of application

Any ideas here? I have checked my ArmA1 and I am running version 1.14.

:confused:

Please help

Hey guys

I have my mod folder set up, but I am getting an error stating:

CA_Hotfix requires version 1.09 of application

Any ideas here? I have checked my ArmA1 and I am running version 1.14.

:confused:

Please help

Unpack the PBO with a PBO tool, and then look for the config.cpp open it and then change the version to 1.02. Then repack the PPO. If its a config.bin file then I dont know how to sort those out.

I added the following files from Arma to Arma2 to get Avghani to work:

@A\AddOns\

plants.pbo

plants.pbo.bi.bisign

roads.pbo

roads.pbo.bi.bisign

rocks.pbo

rocks.pbo.bi.bisign

-mod=@A;@OPX

When I tried to add all the files listed in earlier post my Arma2 crashed to desktop when coming to the menus.

Akkutu, these three were enough? I'm surprised.

Yeah, I began with adding avghani the other day and also allot of arma1 .pbo when I saw that others got it to work, but that gave just me errors and ctds.

So today I tried with just avghani and adding whatever .pbos came up as missing when I tried to launch arma2. These 3 where the only .pbo I needed to add.

Nice work Attku

All is now working. Avgani in A2 for 45 mins with increased framerate. I only got 3-4 errors, and no ctd. The errors were not a problem.

:yay: (I miss bananna phone)

Waiting patiently for the A2 Tools. :cool:

Nice. It will safe me some space to remove the other old PBOs since right now I only want Avgani.

with the above files loaded as a seperate "mod" i get some wierd pink vertical line in the sky and when i try to load an ARMA2 map the game crashes...

I dont get the crash but I do get the pink line in the sky. Its exactly to the east and west. Any ideas what causes it anyone?