gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

there are some issues with GameSpy accepting some keys, please retry later today but it's possible the problem will occur until workweek ...

if the problem persist after Monday, please contact me with Your key so we can look on it

Im having same exact problem as the above except everything loads fine if I run from Beta.exe. Normal 1.60 (which I sorely miss due to DayZ) always delivers those same exact 2 errors and I have also verfied cache files via Steam AND Deleted/Reinstalled.

Actual error messages are:

#1: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow - This one come first after launch press.

#2: Error Compiling pixel shader PSSpecular/Alpha:0 - this after the checked boxes in loading screen.

Solved! Deleting the 2 previous cfg files did the trick :)

Also, if this doesnt work FedExguy -make sure you exit Steam and restart as Admin.

I get the exact same error message. Have tried everything to fix this so far. Where are the cfg files hidden?

there are some issues with GameSpy accepting some keys, please retry later today but it's possible the problem will occur until workweek ...

if the problem persist after Monday, please contact me with Your key so we can look on it

My problem seems to be solved last sunday but since last night It begins to happen again is there any problems again?

I just purchased ARMA II: Combat Operations and get the Bad Serial Number error shortly after the BI splash screen. I've exited and re-started Steam in administrator. Verified integrity of game cache, which says 1 file is missing and will be downloaded. I've checked the registry to see if the key was there as one other person mentioned, and didn't see one (although I'm not sure the registry path, so it's possible I missed it). I've removed local files and re-installed the game twice. Nothing has worked. Does anyone have any other suggestions to try?

Just bought ARMA 2: Combined Operations and whenever I try to launch Operation Arrowhead it says it can't open dubbing.pbo What should I do?

Whenever I try to launch Arma 2 I get a

Data File too short 'addons/anims.pbo'. Expected 650211804 B, got 446300160 B

When I try to launch Arma OA I get a

No Entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

followed by a

Data File too short 'c:/program files

(86x)/steam/steamapps/common/arma2/addons/anims.pbo'.

Expected 650211804 B, got 446300160 B

game1bf.jpg

game2w.jpg

I keep getting these 2 dang error messages please helP!

Edited by CassiusCmoney
needed images

I have both ARMA 2 OA and the BAF exp.

When I try to load the game which I downloaded through steam, I get this

ARMA 2 OA

Failed to load the 'd:\program files (x86)\steamapps\common\arma2operationarrowhead\BAF\addond\air_d_baf.pbo' - decryption of headers failed

Then I click ok

Screen goes black

Bohemia splash logo appears then

ARMA2 OA

Bad serial number given in Setup

Any help please

I downloaded ARMA II operation arrowhead off steam and when I open it, it does first time setup, when it does this it says installing official game group but it does nothing i let it continue that for 12 hours and nothing happened I asked my friends and they say they didn't have to install the official game group.

why is it doing this, and how do I fix it?

-Daniel

I get the exact same error message. Have tried everything to fix this so far. Where are the cfg files hidden?

I'm having the same exact issue. I want to find the cfg files but i can't!

---------- Post added at 02:33 ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 ----------

i was actually able to run it by running steam as admin, but i don't want to do that every time so if anyone knows where the cfg files are that would be a great help, thanks

actually now i have a different problem. whenever i try to connect to a multiplayer server it says connection lost and then my computer cannot connect to the internet unless we restart our firewall. i have checked that the three ports 2302, 2303 and 2305 are opened but the issue still occurs. i'm told its not the firewall, it's not the adapter, but the game. not sure what to do.

I have both ARMA 2 OA and the BAF exp.

When I try to load the game which I downloaded through steam, I get this

ARMA 2 OA

Failed to load the 'd:\program files (x86)\steamapps\common\arma2operationarrowhead\BAF\addond\air_d_baf.pbo' - decryption of headers failed

Then I click ok

Screen goes black

Bohemia splash logo appears then

ARMA2 OA

Bad serial number given in Setup

Any help please

I'm having the exact same problem.

the message states "cannot open file 'c:\programfiles...\operationarrowhead\Expansion\addons\zargabad.pbo'"

please help :) I just want to play DayZ

I just downloaded arma 2 combined operations from steam during the sale so i can play the Day Z mod. Unfortunately Arma 2 doesn't start after installing direct X. I click play in my Steam library and a box appears saying "performing first time setup... Installing: Microsoft DirectX for Windows (step 1 of 1)

After this box eventually dissapears nothing happens.

I have tried reinstalling it three times and reinstalling steam totally but the problem persists. I have ran as admin and tried to remove the directX file from the arma 2 folder in steam yet this only stops anything happening at all.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. :)

I think DayZ requires the latest beta patch. It will take some tinkering to get the beta patch to run with the Steam-version of the game. There are some threads on the DayZ forum that has information about this, like this one for instance: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35004-how-can-i-get-the-steam-overlay-to-work-with-dayz/

I have the latest and greatest version of OA and it still didn't work... it seems that something went wrong during the installation but i'm not sure. I'm not sure how to re-install OA from steam either.

Hi, I was wondering, how do you install patches on the Arma 2 Free version on steam?

I have never used Arma Free, but I assume it will patch automatically on Steam, like every other game there. You don't need to install them yourself.

I have never used Arma Free, but I assume it will patch automatically on Steam, like every other game there. You don't need to install them yourself.

Oh, I was trying to get it to run better on my computer.

My computer's hardware specs are

Intel i3 processor

4 gigabytes of RAM

Intel HD 3000 graphics card.

Is there anyway I could get it to run better on my computer since all patches are installed?

i recently bought arma 2 Combined Operations via steam. Operation aroowhead works fine but arma 2 gives me an error saying (Bad serial) or something like that. and it didnt even say for me to put one in during installation. please help

i recently bought arma 2 Combined Operations via steam. Operation aroowhead works fine but arma 2 gives me an error saying (Bad serial) or something like that. and it didnt even say for me to put one in during installation. please help

I am also having this problem! Can you please fix it. It reads "Bad serial given at setup"

Making a forum search for "Steam bad serial" gives about a million hits, surely you will be able to find a solution in one of these threads.