Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

i was amazed by this sudden release! awesome work!

however, are there any sound mods that are compatible with CWR? the ones i have tried dont work fully (ACE, HIFI). i just cannot bear that ArmA m16 sound

cannot bear it...

and yeah those OFP elite actors just arent the same.

OMG, it`s there.:bounce3:

Must test this later today, or tomorrow.

Hmm pulled every trick outta the hat to try an get this to run. However still aint been able to play it reinstalled several times an dl'd twice But as this is a mod I installed to C/prog file Atari/ArmA in this folder I don't see anything to the "Note that there will be installed a file called cwr.ico which can be used as icon for our shortcuts." i tried clicking the batch file thingy an it just opens a black box blinks then disappers an nothing happends. Probably just me being a noob an forgettin somthing. I also tried running as a mod but no go. Thanx again for the help.

HP PAV 4600+

AMD Anthalon 64 x2 Dual Core

Nvidia 7900 GS

2 GIG

Window Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1

A few bug reports...

At the end of the first 'Ground Attack' mission there is a script error.

Also in 'Rats Nest' when attacking the base a whole bunch of script errors are flashing at the top.

Both missions seem to work and finish fine despite the errors though.

When using the 6thsense.eu tracers addon some US vehicles use the green tracers - AH1 Cobra, AH64 Apache, M2A2 Bradley. And the 'laser' tracers show up too.

No show stopper bugs so far though.

Edit:

Also some missing animations for cutscenes. Most noticeable in the Resistance campaign. I guess this is known.

Edited by Maddmatt

I just can't belive what i see! :)

Thank you so much for all the hard work CWR Team!!!

I was just wondering... did you change the names of the sound files? Otherwise I would just unpack the 1985 campaign and replace them with the original sounds :)

I was going through my cupboard the other day looking for IDE cable, all the old stuff goes into cupboard, and i saw the Opflash and Res cases, i actually thought about reinstalling them because im having very fond flashbacks of the demo mission. What was the mission called again, "something Montinac"? Then today this gets released! Looks like im not going to install OFP after all.

Your work is appreciated greatly!!

I worry such release would let us forget ARMAII for the moment...

Wow, good old memories came back to my mind when yesterday at 12:00pm i started the cwc campaign.... amazing work you have done here dwr team, congratulations!!

Btw, i noticed (don't know if it's my sound driver problem or not) that when i am with the first person view inside a vehicle, if my team start to speak (for example, on first mission when you fly by chopper) i cannot hear them properly, i hear the sound very very bad, but when i pass to third person view i hear them without problems.

Another thing, little offtopic, somebody knows who was the team who made the old good retaliation campagin for ofp? It was planned on the russian side and it was at the same level of original bis campaigns, and could be really nice if we can port to arma using oac and then load it on cwr :)

Wow, really awsome.

Thanks to the team, active and ex-members for their great work. :)

Good work fellas, great to see the spirit of flashpoint lives on!

Thanks, guys! Looking forward to replaying some of my favorite CWC missions! (After Montignac and Return to Eden come to mind...)

Excellent job guys, this takes me back to a time when i enjoyed gaming when flashpoint was the game to play. Also the detail on the islands is simply beautiful. Might take my kids out in the fields near Nogova for a game of footy. :)

Now i was playing CRW Infantry in single player and the game ended abruptly. I skipped the first clip then we were on the beach talking to the two soldiers, and the helicopter flew over, and the mission ended.

Other than that, so far so good guys. :D

Omg omg omg :D

This is a must try :D

Didn't expect this to come out until after A2 release :)

Got to play all the campaigns and dig out my old coop projects If i can find them tough :P

Fantastic. Great job and thanks!

Great news.

Downloading immediately. Oh, wait ... some ArmA 2 work still to be done? :o

Hard decision. One or the other has to wait. Now which one? ... :j:

Anyway congrats to the release. Long live to CWR. :)

Great news.

Can we make the choice for you ? :D

Can we make the choice for you ?

Off course, go and and create a poll. :)

Great news.

Download it. give us more time to play CWR before we losses our social lives with ARMA2.;)

No, there will be no more time. The release is too close to be shifted just because of me not working. There will only be more bugs and unfinished things I could be doing meanwhile. Now choose - are you willing to pay such price? ;)

speaking about bugs , is there any place where we can post CWR bugs apart of this thread or do we post them here?

"No, there will be no more time. The release is too close to be shifted just because of me not working. There will only be more bugs and unfinished things I could be doing meanwhile. Now choose - are you willing to pay such price?"

Upload it somewhere so we can try it out and assess how bad these bugs are. That way we can give you a more informed answer!