Sign in to follow this  
mOdErN_wArFaRe_SnIpEr

Question???

does Arma 2 have splitscreen?

Since there is gonna be a coop campaign, i guess the answer is yes.

I wonder if you could play splitscreen online like in resistance i.e.

From what ive heard arma never had and never will have split screen.

How are you supposed to do that on a PC anyway.

And to me you dont sound like a guy who plays arma kind of games...(mind your name)

From what ive heard arma never had and never will have split screen.

How are you supposed to do that on a PC anyway.

And to me you dont sound like a guy who plays arma kind of games...(mind your name)

Odds are he is talking about on the console.

Odds are no, it will not have split screen. Theres a chance, but the console era is phasing out split screen in favor of online play.

A few games have it, but odds are ArmA wont. Plus it would seem hard flying a UH-60 with only half a screen...

Lol, I can't help but laugh at the OPs name, just screems CS kiddie (no offence or anything).

And yeah, it won't have split screen :P

might have something to do with it XD, splitscreen games are for people who like to have there friends round eating your friend and staring at your mum XD

Oh for fuck's sake, he was just asking a question. Leave him be!

splitscreen games are for people who like to have there friends round eating your friend and staring at your mum XD

Zombies?

Anyway, the PC version of Arma2 surely will not have splitscreen. If there is an XBox360 version, that might. But there's been no info on it yet.

Oh for fuck's sake, he was just asking a question. Leave him be!

edit: fine...fine...

Edited by cm

sofar mOdErN_wArFaRe_SnIpEr is one of the only mature people in this topic, he asked a question, act mature and answer and leave it at that. People have answered it so I wont repeat, best bet is to check the website or even email BI.

Gee...and what if he does play CoD4..? I did as well and I sure dont feel less of a man.

On topic: I agree that online mutiplayer should enjoy priority.

People do seem to get a bit elitist in this forum. Yes he only asked a question! It does not matter how old he is or what games he has played before. My 2 boys 11 & 15 years old both have 360 and both have pc,s in there room. They both play cod and all the other games similar to that. Im not into them but they really enjoy them and have a lot of fun. Last year I bought a further 2 copies of arma and we all played over the network. My point being that we all really got into it and the game play was superb and they both played it with an indepth and mature attitude, we also had a lot of fun.

We are all looking forward to arma2 but they will have to wait a bit longer because i cannot afford to upgrade all 3 pc,s at the same time.

I think it is up to the older or longer time members of this forum to encourage new players and to show them what a true mili-sim can be like....

btw sorry for going off topic but i feel it needs to be said. Also no split screen on pc version..

Edited by LockJaw-65-

btw sorry for going off topic but i feel it needs to be said. Also no split screen on pc version..

you said it perfectly :)

Military simulations and other games that portray (or as in the case of CoD, romanticize) violence are, in my opinion, not suitable for preteens simply by the virtue of their content and subject matter.

The very idea of considering killing virtual people as entertainment is extremely interesting and not without difficult dilemmas. To be sure, these sort of games certainly require an adult perspective, even though without a doubt many youngsters find these sort of games very fascinating and alluring. They may even be extremely good at them and understand that they are works of fiction. However, that's only one layer of the phenomenon and does not remove the pedagogic perspective and responsibility the parents should have.

Edited by lapa
fixed a typo

MadDogX, that was my tiredness talking, i meant to say friends eating your food...

cm, who gives a shit what my name is and if i play cod. whats wrong with cod? i never played arma but ive been looking at arma 2 and flashpoint 2 for a while and they both look great. arma 2 is getting released like june 26th in europe so does any1 have a guess when it will be out on ps3 in USA?

cm, who gives a shit what my name is and if i play cod. whats wrong with cod? i never played arma but ive been looking at arma 2 and flashpoint 2 for a while and they both look great. arma 2 is getting released like june 26th in europe so does any1 have a guess when it will be out on ps3 in USA?

A PS3 version hasn't been officially confirmed.

does any1 have a guess when it will be out on ps3 in USA?

Well, guesses are easy. Everybody has a guess. My guess is "never."

As for split-screen, I don't know if it's outright impossible, but the engine certainly wasn't built with split-screen rendering in mind. Arma (and, by extension, Arma 2) is not the sort of game that would lend itself well to halving the screen real-estate. There are commands menus, the group bar along the bottom, the map screen with briefing information and the HUDs for various vehicles.

Even if it's possible, I wouldn't say it's a good idea. There's a lot of information that needs to be displayed, and split screen simultaneously halves the available space to display all this as well as doubles the amount of the island which needs to be rendered at a given time. Anybody who's used setPos to teleport to opposite sides of Sahrani can tell you that Arma cannot precache the entire island, so it would probably struggle with two displays going at once.

im not worried about splitscreen anymore. im probably just going to get another tv and ps3. if arma 2 is coming out on 360 then im sure its coming out on ps3. and if ur a pc fanboy then dont comment on the release date on ps3 in USA. i would say they should be able to make some copies and ship them over in a few weeks so i would guess it will be available in like mid july

im not worried about splitscreen anymore. im probably just going to get another tv and ps3. if arma 2 is coming out on 360 then im sure its coming out on ps3. and if ur a pc fanboy then dont comment on the release date on ps3 in USA. i would say they should be able to make some copies and ship them over in a few weeks so i would guess it will be available in like mid july

Two problems withy our statement.

1) It most likely WONT be coming out on the PS3, simply because BIS said they wont make an openGL version of the game, thus putting the PS3 out of luck. Since the PS3 runs on opengl not DX.

2) Even if you got it for the PS3, no games are cross platform together. You wont be able to play a 360 version of the game with a PS3 version of the game. Just like you can play call of duty 4 across the platforms.

if arma 2 is coming out on 360 then im sure its coming out on ps3.

Don't count on it. Many developers stay away from PS3 because its architecture or somesuch is very different from PC or Xbox.

2) Even if you got it for the PS3, no games are cross platform together. You wont be able to play a 360 version of the game with a PS3 version of the game. Just like you can play call of duty 4 across the platforms.

I read somewhere that at least Shadowrun runs cross-platform.

if arma 2 is coming out on 360 then im sure its coming out on ps3.
i would say they should be able to make some copies and ship them over in a few weeks so i would guess it will be available in like mid july

...you don't really get how games are made, do you? :(

Edited by Squint

I don't care what games you play, I'm just bagging your name, which i think is funny...

No PS3 release of arma II thus far.. so far it's just PC and XB360.

Your first Question???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does Arma 2 have splitscreen?

Son you were fine with your first question and yes the OFP1/ARMA community can be a little hard at times with noobs like you including me.

Before you make a new replay, STOP have your mom or dad look over it so you don't come across like a dumb-ass.

It's not your age, it is the fact that you take the little bus to school.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1