Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I already brought arma some time ago but whenever I play it I get poor performance and the graphic looks horrible, could it be because I need a new graphic card?

Spec:

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

AMD Radeonâ„¢ HD 6770 Graphics

4.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I have already checked to see if I needed to update my graphics card which I don't.

Might be the cpu, those FX cpu's dont do very well in Arma 2 (and most other games)

Hi.

My specs are for a laptop, so there's no way I can get a new graphics card. :(

Please help me!

I have to make my game look like a Super Nintendo game, to run it flawlessly. :(

Specs: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

AMD Turion II P450 Dual Core-Processor 2.40 Ghz

4 GB

64 bit operating system

Throw it on me, they suck don't they. :/

Hi.

My specs are for a laptop, so there's no way I can get a new graphics card. :(

Please help me!

I have to make my game look like a Super Nintendo game, to run it flawlessly. :(

Specs: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

AMD Turion II P450 Dual Core-Processor 2.40 Ghz

4 GB

64 bit operating system

Throw it on me, they suck don't they. :/

Doesn't look too promising -sorry. Start building a desktop and you'll have something decent in no time. Hell, Ill throw you my 2 Nvdia 460's for free as there just sitting in my closet.

I just wish I had the Dooooosh. :/

I've always imagined myself playing games with normal to high settings, I don't think I could pay the 500 hundred dollars, being that I am a 13 year old still living off there mommy. :/

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

Doesn't look too promising -sorry. Start building a desktop and you'll have something decent in no time. Hell, Ill throw you my 2 Nvdia 460's for free as there just sitting in my closet.

Should I install Windows XP?

I heard that the game runs better.

I just wish I had the Dooooosh. :/

I've always imagined myself playing games with normal to high settings, I don't think I could pay the 500 hundred dollars, being that I am a 13 year old still living off there mommy. :/

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 ----------

Should I install Windows XP?

I heard that the game runs better.

froggyluv is completely right. There is nothing you can do to run ArmA 2 flawless on your laptop, it is by far below the minimum required system specs. So either you stick with the Super Nintendo graphics (which probably looks really horrible) or you try to manage to get a (by far) better PC.

Even as a 13 years old there are ways to earn some money. Do some little jobs after school, ask neighbours to walk their dogs for a few bucks, offer car washing, things like that. When i was a teenager i was making deliveries for a flowershop to earn a little money. Maybe talk to your parents to make a agreement. If you earn XX% of the amount you would need to get a new PC, they will offer the rest.

I wish you luck.

Just upgraded my E6750 CPU to an i5 2500k and wow, my FPS in towns has nearly TRIPLED. Those 14-15fps scenes discussed earlier are now 40+fps. And that's at stock speed. When I get a decent cooler it will be even better at 4.5Ghz :) The only bad thing about it is that the game runs super smooth in other areas so even 35-40fps which used to be great feels choppy in comparison now.

This game really needs both a powerful CPU and a good video card. Having just either one doesn't cut it.

Okay so I recently built a budget pc with my tax return and I want to know a good budget gpu that can run ARMA 2 and hopefully not have to do an upgrade for ARMA 3 at 1920 X 1080 resoulution

Here are my specs I currently have a gtx 520, but I know that's mainly used just for videos and whatnot:

i3 2100 processor 3.1 ghz

8 gb ddr3 ram

500 gb hddd 7200 rpm

520 wattt psu

Any suggestions, or comments will help.

Oh and froggyluv if you still happen to have those gtx 460's in your closet I'll be happy to take those off your hands. Just send me a pm, or something if you do and we can come to some sort of agreement.

Edited by Guest

Just upgraded my E6750 CPU to an i5 2500k and wow, my FPS in towns has nearly TRIPLED. Those 14-15fps scenes discussed earlier are now 40+fps. And that's at stock speed. When I get a decent cooler it will be even better at 4.5Ghz :) The only bad thing about it is that the game runs super smooth in other areas so even 35-40fps which used to be great feels choppy in comparison now.

This game really needs both a powerful CPU and a good video card. Having just either one doesn't cut it.

Yeah, those 2500K's are really fast.

Okay so I recently built a budget pc with my tax return and I want to know a good budget gpu that can run ARMA 2 and hopefully not have to do an upgrade for ARMA 3 at 1920 X 1080 resoulution

Here are my specs I currently have a gtx 520, but I know that's mainly used just for videos and whatnot:

i3 2100 processor 3.1 ghz

8 gb ddr3 ram

500 gb hddd 7200 rpm

520 wattt psu

Any suggestions, or comments will help.

Oh and froggyluv if you still happen to have those gtx 460's in your closet I'll be happy to take those off your hands. Just send me a pm, or something if you do and we can come to some sort of agreement.

a gtx560 / hd6870 gets you decent 1920x1080 performance. 7850 is a nice card too, very high performance for the price. Your cpu will hold you back a often in arma, but a good gpu is very noticable with antialiasing and when smoke grenades are tossed around.

Yeah, those 2500K's are really fast.

a gtx560 / hd6870 gets you decent 1920x1080 performance. 7850 is a nice card too, very high performance for the price. Your cpu will hold you back a often in arma, but a good gpu is very noticable with antialiasing and when smoke grenades are tossed around.

Really think my i3 will hold me back? I thought with the hyperthreading that it would be okay to buy. I mean I would've loved to get an i5 2500k, but with times being tough I thought that would be a good substitute. Also how would those cards fair with ARMA 3? IDK if there are any benchmarks on it since it's not out yet.

Also if I plan on getting two 560's would my i3 cause any bottlenecking?

If you go into big cities any cpu is a bottleneck, unless you run at settings that are ridiculously heavy on the gpu like 200% 3d res with lots of antialiasing.

Hello, I bought Arma 2: C.O. yesterday and the follow problem appeared.

First, my PC configuration:

> Asus M5A99X EVO AMD AM3+ QUAD GPU CrossfireX/SLI ATX MAINBOARD

> AMD Phenom II X6 Six-Core Processor 1100T 3.3GHz black Retail HDE00ZFBGRBOX

> Kingston HyperX 240-pin 8GB (4GB x2) DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX

> Sapphire 100311-2SR Radeon HD6970 2GB DDR5 256-bit CrossFireX PCI Express 2.1x16

My FPS is around 25~30 in normal graphics. Why all this lag? I think my computer should be able to run it.

Can anyone help me? What's wrong?

he has a 6970, it should be able to handle the atoc thingy right?

anyhows, try shadows on high (normal loads up the cpu), low antialiasing and viewdistance 2000.

he has a 6970, it should be able to handle the atoc thingy right?

anyhows, try shadows on high (normal loads up the cpu), low antialiasing and viewdistance 2000.

I got the same gfx card (check my spoiler in the sig), atoc can defo put some strain on it. Plus i got to keep the catalyst AI on high unless i want white contours....

but atoc is what makes the trees look awesome :P

Hello, I bought Arma 2: C.O. yesterday and the follow problem appeared.

First, my PC configuration:

> Asus M5A99X EVO AMD AM3+ QUAD GPU CrossfireX/SLI ATX MAINBOARD

> AMD Phenom II X6 Six-Core Processor 1100T 3.3GHz black Retail HDE00ZFBGRBOX

> Kingston HyperX 240-pin 8GB (4GB x2) DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX

> Sapphire 100311-2SR Radeon HD6970 2GB DDR5 256-bit CrossFireX PCI Express 2.1x16

My FPS is around 25~30 in normal graphics. Why all this lag? I think my computer should be able to run it.

Can anyone help me? What's wrong?

Welcome to the community!

That's a nice rig that you have there.

It should be able to make the game look great and play smoothly.

But don't think that its as simple as pushing all the sliders to maximum.

So try these tried and tested tweaks:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

They include all the suggestions made by PuFu and Leon86

And let us know how you get on?

Thanks PuFu and Leon. I followed your tips but it didn't work. My fps stays the same.

Hi, domokun. I'll read right now and post the results when I get home.

Im sure theres plenty of posts replica to mine, if Im doing this wrong im very sorry Ive done System checks and my computer can run arma fine on low apparently, but it only shows me the minimal requirements for the game, I want to run it on high with some pretty smooth FPS gameplay, If anyone could help me and tell me where I could improve on PC specs please tell me:

Ram: 6.2 GB

Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset- 1695MB memory

Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60 Ghz

I think thats all that matters, not sure though im not much of a tech wiz, if im leaving something vital out please tell. Thanks.

@Payne123

Merged your post with the sticky, please search before posting.

Im sure theres plenty of posts replica to mine, if Im doing this wrong im very sorry Ive done System checks and my computer can run arma fine on low apparently, but it only shows me the minimal requirements for the game, I want to run it on high with some pretty smooth FPS gameplay, If anyone could help me and tell me where I could improve on PC specs please tell me:

Ram: 6.2 GB

Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset- 1695MB memory

Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60 Ghz

I think thats all that matters, not sure though im not much of a tech wiz, if im leaving something vital out please tell. Thanks.

what's the gpu?

that cpu is pretty old and slow, arma is very demanding on the cpu but it's just within minimum specs so it'll run, just not smoothly.

I am planning on getting a new computer later this year. Right now I'm thinking of getting a laptop. But I want to be able to run Arma 2 on high settings with a decent frame rate. Will this be enough:

Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

It should do, provided you optimise the game:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

For OA to run smoothly at high settings, the most important criteria are a high-speed CPU (3+ GHz) and SSD.

The CPU should be at least dual core, better quad core.

Next up you need a dedicated (not integrated) graphics card which is at least mid-range (not low-end) and at least 4 GB RAM.

Getting all these elements in a laptop is possible but it will likely cost you x2-3 more than a desktop, i.e. $1200-2000 instead of $600-800.

So generally speaking, running a high-end simulation (like OA, Cliffs of Dover, etc.) on a laptop is possible but incredibly inefficient.

Edited by domokun

I am planning on getting a new computer later this year. Right now I'm thinking of getting a laptop. But I want to be able to run Arma 2 on high settings with a decent frame rate. Will this be enough:

Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

You can run quite comfortably on that laptop, but not with high settings and a high framerate.

Ok. I was also thinking of just getting a desktop instead. For the same amount of money I can get a 3.2 ghz CPU and 16gb of RAM

Ok. I was also thinking of just getting a desktop instead. For the same amount of money I can get a 3.2 ghz CPU and 16gb of RAM

If you have the budget the 3570K or 2500K are the cpu's to get. Z77 mobo and 8GB ram. gpu gtx560 / hd6870 and up is fine, but faster doesnt hurt.